MS Eurodam Sail-Away-October 26,2014

aliaschief

Canadian destroyer HMCS Athabaskan just steamed into Port Everglades. DDG 282 is an Iroquois-class destroyer.

I don't know if you will be able to see it from the photo, but all hands are deck.

05de47eecf68f269111d7184ef62a1ae.jpg

Edited by POA1

Canadian destroyer HMCS Athabaskan just steamed into Port Everglades. DDG 282 is an Iroquois-class destroyer.

I don't know if you will be able to see it from the photo, but all hands are deck.

05de47eecf68f269111d7184ef62a1ae.jpg

thanks for the pic:D I'm not doubting all hands are on deck in light of recent events.

POA1, I gotta ask. Do you live in one of those big condos at the entrance to Port Everglades? If so I am sooooo jealous! I always say if I win a lottery I'll retire and move in there. I will spend my days watching ships coming and going. And cruising too! :D

I will be here, Chief.

Who is the Captain on the Westerdam now?

Bon Voyage, Roy...have a great cruise.

Another thread on CC Hal Forum shows Captain is Rens Van Eeerten and HD is one of our favorites Mark Pells.

Edited by aliaschief

POA1, I gotta ask. Do you live in one of those big condos at the entrance to Port Everglades? If so I am sooooo jealous! I always say if I win a lottery I'll retire and move in there. I will spend my days watching ships coming and going. And cruising too! :D

Well, with all the concern about telling people what city you live in, see the thread "Why is the city are area you are from not in your signature?", perhaps I shouldn't say.... But yes, that's where we are.

We saw the buildings when we cruised out of Port Everglades in the late 1990s and thought it would be cool to have a condo in one them.

I am watching on my iPad for the first time and both FLL and PE webcam say audio not supported. Am I missing something or does audio not work on the iPad? Using IOS7 if that makes a difference

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just landed at FLL. Waiting for transfer to the ship. I'll wave to everyone at. Sailing . Lido deck aft. Port side. Waving a blue and white scarf.

l

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be waving back! Have a great trip.

I am watching on my iPad for the first time and both FLL and PE webcam say audio not supported. Am I missing something or does audio not work on the iPad? Using IOS7 if that makes a difference

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure it's because iOS doesn't support Adobe's Flash format.

Just landed at FLL. Waiting for transfer to the ship. I'll wave to everyone at. Sailing . Lido deck aft. Port side. Waving a blue and white scarf.

l

We'll be watching and waving:D

Many of us dream of having web cam audio on our Pads and Phone. :(

Someday?

There is a browser called Puffin that supports Flash in iOS. I think that you are limited to playing Flash video during certain times of the day unless you pay $0.99. I don't have any personal experience with Puffin, but it's gotten decent press.

We got off the Eurodam at 0730 this morning after a wonderful 12 day cruise. Will not be home or have internet in time for the sailaway.

Ran into a nor'easter departing Boston and clocked 85 mph winds. Closed the MDR and ended up with a burger and beer in the cabin. Lots of glassware hit the deck on upper level MDR and in the Pinnacle.

Last day at sea and entrance to FLL could not have been more beautiful.

Anxious to get home and join the sailaways again...

We got off the Eurodam at 0730 this morning after a wonderful 12 day cruise. Will not be home or have internet in time for the sailaway.

Ran into a nor'easter departing Boston and clocked 85 mph winds. Closed the MDR and ended up with a burger and beer in the cabin. Lots of glassware hit the deck on upper level MDR and in the Pinnacle.

Welcome home. We had some rough seas on the Eurodam Viking Passage cruise but not that bad. Seas got to 43 feet but She rode well. How high were the waves?

l

We'll all be waving back at you. Wishing you a great cruise on the Eurodam.

Sounds like an interesting cruise. Welcome back, safe travels on your way home.

Should be here for sailaway, thanks Chief for the reminder.