MS Eurodam Sail-Away-October 26,2014

aliaschief

I just upgrade my system but it does seem slower now, guess that is because of all the ads, hadn't thought about it.

Freedom tooted 3 times.

I'm wondering, we don't seem to hear the horns as well as last year. Lou does not seem to be switching over to the other microphone, cutting out the harbor chatter. Anyone else notice, any thoughts?

I have been watching the sailaways all Summer and have not noticed any difference in the audio. Personally, I enjoy hearing the marine radio chatter, only wish the voices would sometimes be more clear than they sometimes are.

Darn! I missed Eurodam! Remember that yesterday I delayed mowing because I wanted to watch Westerdam? Well, that's where I was at 4:00 p.m.. Looks nice out there now, all mowed and mulched. I chop up all those precious leaves and use them to protect my perennials.

At least I get to watch Allure.

I have been watching the sailaways all Summer and have not noticed any difference in the audio. Personally, I enjoy hearing the marine radio chatter, only wish the voices would sometimes be more clear than they sometimes are.

Oh trust me I like the chatter too, but what they used to do is when the ships got close to the Condo's they switched to another microphone just to hear that, without the Harbor chatter, and then when the ships passed they went back to the Harbor chatter, that's what I'm saying. The tooting now just seems to be very subdued compared to what it was last spring.

I've posted my question to Lou and Dave on facebook. I'll see what answer I get.

See, I could barely hear the toots of the Allure.

Maybe Chief and/or Melodie can answer this question: Does upgrading to 8.1 make any difference as to how this web site operates?

:D:D I just upgraded to 7.1. Don't know about 8.1, except my computer expert said its about 30% faster then 7.1. I'm now intrigued, it is loaded on a thumb drive and he tells me he can teach me to use it in 10 min's.

Edited by PathfinderEss

I'm on 8.1 and have no problems with the website or with switching back and forth from FL to PE to CC sailaway thread, keeping them all open at the same time.

I have no problems keeping them all open and switching between them either. It just seems slower to me then when I was running XP.

Eurodam.... great toots therapy. Thank you so much. Feeling much better now. :D

REALLY missed it. wifi on the train today was totally useless!

I'm not sure as a solo cruiser I would want to be on a ship as big as Allure.

I'll be deciding that for myself a year from now.

Roy