Favorite Cocktail??

titansluvr

Hi fellow cruisers! I'm leaving in a few days on the Golden and can hardly wait:) Trying out new drinks is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise. I am fascinated watching what bartenders make for others. So my question is...what is your favorite cocktail?? I need some new ideas...TIA:)

Makers Mark or Southern Comfort, both/either "on the rocks", or a Tanqueray martini. If I want to order a foo-foo drink, it would be a Dirty Banana.

Edited by Treven

I don't know anybody else who drinks this but probably my favorite "breakfast drink" is Pernod and Orange Juice. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I love that drink. :) I know I was able to get it on one Princess ship - might have been the Star. I don't suppose every bar onboard actually has Pernod but some bar must have it and I intend to locate Pernod on my upcoming cruise.

If anybody knows which bars onboard Star have Pernod I'd appreciate knowing which ones. I may have to go to Vista to find it - they seem to have a pretty complete stock of liquor.

Three of my favorites below....:D

Caribbean Cooler consists of coconut rum, melon liqueur, banana liqueur, citrus mix and pineapple juice.

West Indies Yellow Bird includes a shaken melody of rum, galliano and banana liqueur with orange and pineapple juice.

Cool Runnings cocktail has a combination of rum, banana liqueur, blackberry brandy and grenadine, blended with coconut and pineapple. (Frozen drink)

Edited by TLC535

I don't drink foo foo drinks on land. I do drink them at sea. I love the Mucho Mango and I love a Pina Colada. :eek::eek::eek: I ask the bartender to add an extra shot of vodka to the Mucho and an extra shot of rum to the Pina Colada. That way they are not too sweet.

I also enjoy a Ketel One Martini in Crooners. I ask for a tray of assorted olives and I am very happy.:):):)

From the Crooner's martini menu, but available at any bar:

Chairman of the Board

London Lemonade

Also partial to the classic Tanqueray martini and the classic Tanqueray & tonic.

Gin, as you may have guessed from the above list, is my tipple of choice; second choice is a nice single malt and Laphroig is my favourite, but I'm not remembering whether Princess has it.

I liked the Bahama Bay Breeze out by the pool one afternoon. I'm not one to drink during the day much, but this hit the spot -- not too sweet and had no melon-flavoured ingredients (I hate melons of any and all kinds).

I don't know anybody else who drinks this but probably my favorite "breakfast drink" is Pernod and Orange Juice. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. I love that drink. :) I know I was able to get it on one Princess ship - might have been the Star. I don't suppose every bar onboard actually has Pernod but some bar must have it and I intend to locate Pernod on my upcoming cruise.

If anybody knows which bars onboard Star have Pernod I'd appreciate knowing which ones. I may have to go to Vista to find it - they seem to have a pretty complete stock of liquor.

I am a pernod drinker too, I have it with coke orange juice is a new one on

me, might try it on my next cruise, love pernod not so keen on ouzo.;);)

I am a pernod drinker too, I have it with coke orange juice is a new one on

me, might try it on my next cruise, love pernod not so keen on ouzo.;);)

I'd have to agree with you on the Ouzo. Not even in the same ballpark for sure. Give the Pernod and OJ a try. :)