JS on Freedom Class - not all the same size?

Toddcan

Considering the jump from an E1 aft to a JS on an upcoming cruise. Our cruise in March was in a hump JS (9338) on board the Liberty. It was a very nice suite. Tons of room.

So, I started looking at videos and pics of some of the aft JS on the Freedom Class - they look noticeably smaller in width than our hump 9338 JS. I know there are a 2 Accessible JS which are larger by design (obviously), but I just assumed that all other JS on the Freedom Class were identical. Maybe I am imagining things?

Here is our JS 9338 (hump):

DSC_0225_zps48311a7f.jpg

And here is a pic I found on an aft JS 7712.

478721388378551.jpg

I appears that one is a little narrower than the other, but are the square foot dimensions that are provided by the cruise line the same. It could be a little narrower yet slightly longer and therefore the same overall size. Would it impact your enjoyment of the cabin? It is nice to have that extra seat, in addition to the sofa.

Look at the windows on both of those shots. The smaller one looks 4 panels of window/door wide and the other one appears to be 4 panels plus about 16 or so inches of wall wide.

I have been in a Jr Suite that was larger. It was just behind the hump on Voyager I think. It had a pie shape wedge of space larger than the usual cabin. It was great. I will be on Navigator this Sunday and we are having a cabin crawl that includes an aft Jr Suite. I know that it isn't Freedom class but they are very similar. Will pay special attention to that.

Look at the windows on both of those shots. The smaller one looks 4 panels of window/door wide and the other one appears to be 4 panels plus about 16 or so inches of wall wide.

I have been in a Jr Suite that was larger. It was just behind the hump on Voyager I think. It had a pie shape wedge of space larger than the usual cabin. It was great. I will be on Navigator this Sunday and we are having a cabin crawl that includes an aft Jr Suite. I know that it isn't Freedom class but they are very similar. Will pay special attention to that.

I noticed that too, but then I asked myself if the window panels would be different widths. For sure our hump JS is wider, which translates to a wider balcony. As you can see in the pic below, we were able to put 2 loungers end to end on the balcony (the pic shows the backs not fully reclined- but we did it later on in the cruise)- not sure if this is possible in all JS.

DSC_0087_zps605ebb40.jpg

I believe square footage is the same but, would expect widths and lengths to vary. So, while aft maybe more narrow, you my have more space between the bed and the windows. In addition, aft balconies tend to be deeper than those on the sides, including the humps.

Thanks!

Pennie

We have been in an aft jr suite on Navigator and one on the side. The aft was maybe a little bit more narrow but the balcony was huge. Also the walk in closet on the aft was more narrow, hard to walk into unless you pushed the hanging clothes out of the way. Bath was the same. Even though the closet was smaller I would pick the aft due to the balcony.

I think that the center hump JS is larger than the other hump JS. It has room for a full sofa instead of a loveseat, which is what we saw in the two other JS (one on the end of the hump and another non-hump) on our cabin crawl. We also had 9338 on Liberty and loved that the balcony was deep enough for the loungers to face the ocean with room to walk around them.

I'm a fan of the aft cabins on Radiance and Vision class, but would pick a hump JS over an aft JS on Voyager and Freedom class. And I'd pick any JS over an E-1.:)

I think that the center hump JS is larger than the other hump JS. It has room for a full sofa instead of a loveseat, which is what we saw in the two other JS (one on the end of the hump and another non-hump) on our cabin crawl. We also had 9338 on Liberty and loved that the balcony was deep enough for the loungers to face the ocean with room to walk around them.

I'm a fan of the aft cabins on Radiance and Vision class, but would pick a hump JS over an aft JS on Voyager and Freedom class. And I'd pick any JS over an E-1.:)

And I'd pick a GS over a JS. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi Todd

I have booked a hump JS 9334 and the connecting room on the Indy. Hope it is as roomy as your pic from the Liberty JS that is close by. I also have the connecting room as well. Now if I can only get the outside partition open....

Hi Todd

I have booked a hump JS 9334 and the connecting room on the Indy. Hope it is as roomy as your pic from the Liberty JS that is close by. I also have the connecting room as well. Now if I can only get the outside partition open....

I had JS 9334 on Indy in February. It was a great room and great location. Just on the front edge of the hump. I posted a few pictures of it in the tacked "Royal Caribbean Cabin Information" thread (post #374). We did not have the connecting room though.

The aft JS on Freedom class ships are more narrow, but slightly longer/deeper. They also do not have a true walk in closet. As others stated, the balconies are huge, though the view is somewhat obstructed by the ships superstructure.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

And I'd pick any JS over an E-1.:)

Not sure about that... 7708 and 7408 are corner afts- I would take that over any JS. The balcony is MASSIVE.

And this is my problem. I have cabin 9406 booked, which is an aft E1 - the balcony is larger than the side ship JS balconies. I don't like that there is less privacy on deck 9 (Deck 10 balcony railings are at our sliding doors - which means they look down on our entire balcony). But it is huge.

I guess I was spoiled with our mid-hump JS in March.

Double cruise points is temping too.. 16 points on this 8 day if we book JS.

We had an aft js on Navigator on the 10th deck, our friends had an aft js on the 7th deck. Our room and balcony were larger than our friends. The closet is not a walk-in.

Yes, I have heard that as well - which is why I was specific on this thread to ask about the Freedom Class JS.

Not sure about that... 7708 and 7408 are corner afts- I would take that over any JS. The balcony is MASSIVE.

And this is my problem. I have cabin 9406 booked, which is an aft E1 - the balcony is larger than the side ship JS balconies. I don't like that there is less privacy on deck 9 (Deck 10 balcony railings are at our sliding doors - which means they look down on our entire balcony). But it is huge.

I guess I was spoiled with our mid-hump JS in March.

Double cruise points is temping too.. 16 points on this 8 day if we book JS.

Hey Todd, know how you feel. We just booked the aft Jr. suite on the Indy and 7708 was actually open and that is my favorite balcony. However I needed the extra points to reach Diamond Plus on this cruise and the price was right.

I had JS 9334 on Indy in February. It was a great room and great location. Just on the front edge of the hump. I posted a few pictures of it in the tacked "Royal Caribbean Cabin Information" thread (post #374). We did not have the connecting room though.

The aft JS on Freedom class ships are more narrow, but slightly longer/deeper. They also do not have a true walk in closet. As others stated, the balconies are huge, though the view is somewhat obstructed by the ships superstructure.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much Dan for sending me to your JS photos on Indy. Any other photos you have or review that you did? Also I was a little concerned about foot traffic noise based on this room being so close to the elevator. Any thoughts?

Edited by WWbytheSEA
bad typing skills