Nieuw Amsterdam-what amenities are in the rooms?

Zbayette

I've been on Holland America before but never the Nieuw Amsterdam and it's been awhile. Does shampoo and conditioner come in the rooms? Body wash? hair dryers? Is there a refrigerator in the room? What else can you tell me.

Also are there self pour machines on the Lido(?) deck with juice, punch and water?

Thanks!

I've been on Holland America before but never the Nieuw Amsterdam and it's been awhile. Does shampoo and conditioner come in the rooms? Body wash? hair dryers? Is there a refrigerator in the room? What else can you tell me.

Also are there self pour machines on the Lido(?) deck with juice, punch and water?

Thanks!

To answer your questions, yes to shampoo and to body wash in the shower that is fixed on the wall and you dispense them. No conditioner. I personally do not like the shampoo, but my husband uses it. I bring my own as well as conditioner. They will give you their small bottles of body lotion, small soaps for the sink, and shower caps. Hair dryer is in one of the drawers. Ours was buy the fridge in a drawer. In the Veandahs, and suites you get a fridge. Also the lido has self dispense juice on our 24 day Med cruise last summer they would have mango juice, sometimes a combination juice of papaya and kiwi. Was ok but seemed waterd down for me. You will love the Nieuw! We did her first inaugural in 2010 doing Barcelona to Venice 24 day, last year the same, and will be on her this March. She is our Fav for us!

3STAR becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

On the Vista (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam) and Signature (Nieuw Amsterdam and

Eurodam) class ships all cabins have refrigerators. (I think it is also true for the Prinsendam)

Edited by Boytjie

Thanks!

Yes, yes and yes to all.

Though they supply the hair dryer, I bring my own, just like it better.

On the Vista (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam) and Signature (Nieuw Amsterdam and

Eurodam) class ships all cabins have refrigerators. (I think it is also true for the Prinsendam)

You're right. The Prinsendam also has a fridge in every cabin.

On the S- and R-class ships, only the cabins with a balcony have a fridge, although the other cabins can rent one.

There will be a small bar of soap at the sink and individual small bottle of body lotion.

Every cabin has a hair blower. I would guess it is about 1700 watts. Works fine for my short hair.

If one rents a mini-frig, they might wish to reserve one in advance as there are a limited number. The cost is $2 per day. You can arrange it with Ships Services. 800-541-1576.

Edited by sail7seas

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam last spring.

There are 3 dispensers in the shower/bath tub area -- shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. All the products are Elemis.

There is tiny bottle of lotion on the sink, shower cap, a small round white bar of soap, and loofa in many cabins.

Some people like the Elemis products and some don't. I bring our own shampoo and hand soap.

First, welcome to my ship. Also, you will find that the Tamarind has the best Pan Asian food and service on the high seas. You will find, until the new ship is launched, the best staff on the NA unless you are on the Amsterdam. Welcome aboard.