On board booking bonus if on Celebrity cruise

cruisingsfun

I have sailed on Celebrity Cruises many times. I'm currently Elite Plus and will be sailing again on Celebrity in January. I am thinking of booking the Azamara 2016 Norway Fjords cruise. If I book this Azamara cruise while on a Celebrity cruise, will I receive the 7% discount? Thanks in advance for any help. Gail

I have sailed on Celebrity Cruises many times. I'm currently Elite Plus and will be sailing again on Celebrity in January. I am thinking of booking the Azamara 2016 Norway Fjords cruise. If I book this Azamara cruise while on a Celebrity cruise, will I receive the 7% discount? Thanks in advance for any help. Gail

i tihnk you have to be on Azamara. .not sure yet... but that cruise is selling well.

The cruise is selling very well. For a cruise that is almost 2 years out, there was not a lot of availability when I booked earlier this month, so I booked it. I just checked availability again. There are still verandah staterooms left but mostly forward and some aft. I am not seeing any suite availability.

I did book with the double upgrade and I'm only guessing, but chances are many others did too.

I do not know either if you would get the discount booking this on X. I thought those discounts were only for X cruises.

Will there be betters offers later....possibly. Wouldn't it be great if we all could have a "cruise crystal ball". ;) :)

Edited by midwestchick

Hello Cruisingsfun,

YES, you can book a future Azamara Club Cruise while aboard Celebrity Cruises and receive the LCV discount. Be sure they put your LCV (Le Club Voyage) number on the reservation at the time you make the booking. If you are not yet an LCV member, you can sign up whilst aboard Celebrity as well.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Azamara!

Bonnie

Hello Cruisingsfun,

YES, you can book a future Azamara Club Cruise while aboard Celebrity Cruises and receive the LCV discount. Be sure they put your LCV (Le Club Voyage) number on the reservation at the time you make the booking. If you are not yet an LCV member, you can sign up whilst aboard Celebrity as well.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Azamara!

Bonnie

Thanks, Bonnie.....learn something new everyday on here.

Thanks, Bonnie.....learn something new everyday on here.

Truth be told it was news to me as well! I hadn't had that question come up in the 8 months I've been the CBO. I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that our Azamara Club Cruises are being sold on all the sister ships..."it takes a village"!

Thanks so much Bonnie. I was hoping that you would see my post. I'm really please with this info. Now just have to hope that there will be another special sale when I'm on Celebrity!! :D Gail

I'm glad to be of service, cruisingsfun. And not to worry, there is almost always some sort of booking incentive (aka special sale) on a selection of future voyages. It is just a matter of which future voyage you are interested in and whether the booking incentive will apply to that voyage, and whether the incentive is combinable with all other savings, etc etc.

The best advice, and I've seen it given here by many frequent cruisers as well, is to grab the space you want when you see it. The longer you wait the less likely that voyage or that stateroom/suite will be available.

On the flip side, you can book X or RCL while on board Azamara. Any of the three lines can be booked from any of the others. It does pay to know your benefits, however. Some Loyalty Ambassadors are not so well -versed as to the perks of sister brands.

We are Elite Plus and booked an Azamara cruise while on the Infinity in August. They told me that all we get for booking while on Celebrity was reduced deposit. Nothing else.

I'd shoot an e-mail to Nicole, the new loyalty ambassador about that. If you booked a Reserved Passage--ship & itinerary chosen--you should get $200 onboard credit.

I'd shoot an e-mail to Nicole, the new loyalty ambassador about that. If you booked a Reserved Passage--ship & itinerary chosen--you should get $200 onboard credit.

Deidre,

Thanks, I sent a email will see what happen.

Steve

On the flip side, you can book X or RCL while on board Azamara. Any of the three lines can be booked from any of the others. It does pay to know your benefits, however. Some Loyalty Ambassadors are not so well -versed as to the perks of sister brands.

Hi Deidre,

That's very true. When booking an Azamara sailing on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, I've found the agents have extremely limited knowledge of the sister brands. Of course, while some folks are more versed than others... from my observations - for the most part, they do not care to engage in the conversation, other than for booking their own brand. I wish it were different, but I've only had neutral or disappointing experiences when asking about sister brands. Funny story : on a recent Celebrity sailing, I met with them mid-cruise, and it was a very slow day, so we had plenty of time to chat. One of the future cruise folks mentioned to me, that he never met someone who knew so much about Celebrity & Azamara, and asked me if I wanted to work onboard selling future cruises. Of course, I had to decline the very kind offer - but when I opt to retire ? who knows ? :)

As I have not sailed on Azamara in a while, I'm unsure if they do not show the love to their sister brands when booking onboard. My point is... if you wish to book Azamara on a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ship, you should try to do your homework in advance of the sailing, know exactly what you want, current pricing, and be aware of what perks for booking should be available.

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Deidre,

That's very true. When booking an Azamara sailing on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, I've found the agents have extremely limited knowledge of the sister brands. Of course, while some folks are more versed than others... from my observations - for the most part, they do not care to engage in the conversation, other than for booking their own brand. I wish it were different, but I've only had neutral or disappointing experiences when asking about sister brands. Funny story : on a recent Celebrity sailing, I met with them mid-cruise, and it was a very slow day, so we had plenty of time to chat. One of the future cruise folks mentioned to me, that he never met someone who knew so much about Celebrity & Azamara, and asked me if I wanted to work onboard selling future cruises. Of course, I had to decline the very kind offer - but when I opt to retire ? who knows ? :)

As I have not sailed on Azamara in a while, I'm unsure if they do not show the love to their sister brands when booking onboard. My point is... if you wish to book Azamara on a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ship, you should try to do your homework in advance of the sailing, know exactly what you want, current pricing, and be aware of what perks for booking should be available.

Hope this is helpful !

Andy, I would totally do this!! Can you imagine how much fun that would be? I bet it's a very satisfying job. After all, the people coming to your desk to purchase a cruise want to buy and there's no better enjoyment for a cruise lover than to have another one on the books...;)

I received a reply from LeClub this evening. It was not from Nicole but from Geraldine. She said I was under the old onboard booking program since we booked on August 25. The new program started on September 1.

Oh, so that's good, you were able to get the savings then. I had the old program bookmarked and it was a nicer program (I think) than the current one. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/azamatter-of-fact-a-savvy-shoppers-user-guide/