1st cruise on Celebrity Eclipse

swcruise

Hello fellow cruise lovers,

I am looking to book our 1st Celebrity cruise for May 2015, we are 8 timers on RCI.

For those of you who are regular cruises on X, what should we not miss and for those who have cruised both lines where will we see differences.

I have a couple of questions if I may :-

1)as well as a buffet option breckie, is there an MDR breckie

2) for a seven nights cruise what is the approx price of a wine package for a bottle of wine with dinner

3) there are promotions for a drinks package but it is 1k additonal with room change. We are ok with internal as my mum reckons it will rain all wk in Norway, too cold to sit out and sip beverages and she is happy to enjoy the spa treatments, plus we not big drinkers. Any feedback appreciated...

4) On the spa, are there offer available when you board e.g port day specials etc.

5) we will be select I think in Micahels (emerald in RCI), what will this mean on board

6) anything else you can share, am hungry to soak it all up.

7) Do celebrity have additonal dining packages. e.g eat in 3 alternate dining rooms and what is the price.

I have been reading some reviewer that comment that they no longer feel it is 5 star cruising, is this folks who will complain no matter what, or have standards slipped noticeably...

Happy to learn and be guided by you all in the know.

Thanks for sharing your time and experiences..:)

Hello fellow cruise lovers,

I am looking to book our 1st Celebrity cruise for May 2015, we are 8 timers on RCI.

For those of you who are regular cruises on X, what should we not miss and for those who have cruised both lines where will we see differences.

I have a couple of questions if I may :-

1)as well as a buffet option breckie, is there an MDR breckie

2) for a seven nights cruise what is the approx price of a wine package for a bottle of wine with dinner

3) there are promotions for a drinks package but it is 1k additonal with room change. We are ok with internal as my mum reckons it will rain all wk in Norway, too cold to sit out and sip beverages and she is happy to enjoy the spa treatments, plus we not big drinkers. Any feedback appreciated...

4) On the spa, are there offer available when you board e.g port day specials etc.

5) we will be select I think in Micahels (emerald in RCI), what will this mean on board

6) anything else you can share, am hungry to soak it all up.

7) Do celebrity have additonal dining packages. e.g eat in 3 alternate dining rooms and what is the price.

I have been reading some reviewer that comment that they no longer feel it is 5 star cruising, is this folks who will complain no matter what, or have standards slipped noticeably...

Happy to learn and be guided by you all in the know.

Thanks for sharing your time and experiences..:)

Hi SWCRUISE,

Welcome to Celebrity.

1- MDR Breakie = YES. And they also serve lunch on Sea Days

2- Wine Pkg Info on Celebrity Website (Bevvy Pkgs) = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview

4- Spa Specials = YES look for info tables when you board, or if you tour the ship on E-Day. Often there are Port Day Promos. And just about everyday something is advertised in the Daily "Celebrity Today"

5- Info on how to join & to get Captain's Club "Privleges" is found on the RCCL website, Crown & Anchor Pgs = http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

Note - points in each are independent & not combinable

7- Celebrity has various Specialty Dining venues on each ship... And Dine Around Pkgs are on the website Restaurants & Cafes Pg = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

There are lots of options / pkgs ... Buy one, buy many, buy for every day you are aboard. As well there are often Specials once you are on ship

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add links

Yes, breakfast is available in the main dining room.

Michael's Club has been converted (earlier this year) to a Private Lounge

for Suite guests and Zenith passengers only (this is the highest level

of Celebrity's Capt's Club).

Yes, they usually have specials in the spa on port days. You need to

check with them and see what they are offering.

Yes, dining packages are offered. Check the Celebrity website and you

will find prices. There is only 1 main dining room.....the dining packages

are for the Specialty Restaurants.

Oh, prices for beverage packages are on line as well.

Edited by Lois R

Hi SWCRUISE,

Welcome to Celebrity.

1- MDR Breakie = YES. And they also serve lunch on Sea Days

2- Wine Pkg Info on Celebrity Website (Bevvy Pkgs) = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview

4- Spa Specials = YES look for info tables when you board, or if you tour the ship on E-Day. Often there are Port Day Promos. And just about everyday something is advertised in the Daily "Celebrity Today"

5- Info on how to join & to get Captain's Club "Privleges" is found on the RCCL website, Crown & Anchor Pgs = http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

Note - points in each are independent & not combinable

7- Celebrity has various Specialty Dining venues on each ship... And Dine Around Pkgs are on the website Restaurants & Cafes Pg = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

There are lots of options / pkgs ... Buy one, buy many, buy for every day you are aboard. As well there are often Specials once you are on ship

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We are platinum on RCCL and were wondering if it would carry over to CCL. This is also our first cruise on CCL. Thank you for the link with number to get the two connected.

These boards are so helpful. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Mrsosci

Hi. We cruised Iceland/Norway this past summer. We had the Classic pkg ( TA perk) and used it often for fresh OJ and special coffees ( try the Aspen) as well as a glass of wine at dinner or a cocktail in the evenings. It was cool on this type of cruise so never sat outside drinking tropical drinks. We also are not big drinkers. Since we are Elite, we also were able to have mimosas at breakfast as well as martinis/ cocktails during the social hour ( 5-7). We just purchased occasional drinks that were not covered by the package. Ypu may be Elite based on your sailings with RC. If so, you may not need a beverage package,,, especially for the additional cost, which can buy a lot of drinks.

The Eclipse is a wonderful ship. Enjoy!

We are platinum on RCCL and were wondering if it would carry over to CCL. This is also our first cruise on CCL. Thank you for the link with number to get the two connected.

These boards are so helpful. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Mrsosci

To avoid misunderstandings, on Cruise Critic, CCL most often stands for Carnival Cruise Line, and Celebrity is X. EM

Just off Eclipse yesterday. Great ship, great crew, good food. We did not have a drink package and drink prices were higher than they have ever been, certainly higher than our last sail without a package in 2013.

Sailing out of Southampton, I would estimate the passenger makeup to be about 70% Brits. Formal nights were very formal, more tuxes and evening gowns than I have seen on any ship in years. People were quite dressed up every night in fact, including the first and last. For the lovers of formal dress, sailings from Southampton are the ones for you!!

...Sailing out of Southampton, I would estimate the passenger makeup to be about 70% Brits. Formal nights were very formal, more tuxes and evening gowns than I have seen on any ship in years. People were quite dressed up every night in fact, including the first and last. For the lovers of formal dress, sailings from Southampton are the ones for you!!

We Brits do like dressing up as it is seen as part of the cruise experience. On my last sailing out of Southampton on RCI Independence of the Seas, everyone dressed up, even quite young pre-teen boys wore full tuxes. I will purchase a tux for my 15 year old son for our July 2015 Eclipse sailing although the rate he is growing he will probably fit in his father's old one by then.