Captains Club Loyalty Discount

england1

I am booked on a Med Cruise for September 2015. We booked this cruise in June when we were onboard the Constellation and received the 123 promo with the drink package and gratuities. We also received a one category upgrade.

Does anyone know if I can combine this with a captions club loyalty discount which is currently being offered. If I can't, can I change from the 123 go promo to the on board booking perk and keep the drink package and combine that with the loyalty discount. I would really appreciate your opinions.

I was told that I couldn't combine 123Go with the CC loyalty discount. So you have to decide which is of more value to you. If you are booking a suite, then go with the CC loyalty discount. If a lower category, then go with the beverage package. We booked a suite, so we kept the CC loyalty discount.

I believe they will let you keep your OBC, but will not combine the 123Go with the CC loyalty discount.

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

I am booked on a Med Cruise for September 2015. We booked this cruise in June when we were onboard the Constellation and received the 123 promo with the drink package and gratuities. We also received a one category upgrade.

Does anyone know if I can combine this with a captions club loyalty discount which is currently being offered. If I can't, can I change from the 123 go promo to the on board booking perk and keep the drink package and combine that with the loyalty discount. I would really appreciate your opinions.

Lately, it appears X will only allow combining 2 perks (exceptions, such as Europe promotion OBC plus 2 extras from 123 promo - which actually is still only 2 in total - 1. OBC and 2. 123 promo choice/s).

As the OBC is the perk from booking onboard, they will probably let you combine this with the Captain's Club discount, but not with the beverage package as that is a 123 promo perk. So basically, as I understand it, you can't have the beverage package and the loyalty discount together, as the bonus for booking onboard is the OBC, not the drinks package.

Get your TA to check with X (you may be lucky), but don't be surprised if they don't allow the combination you're hoping for.

Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I will just have to call Celebrity but I am not to optimistic.

When you do a dummy booking on the website the cruise we are booked on is now offering a $750 per cabin Loyalty Discount when I enter my CC number. I have never seen this before myself but I have read about them on Cruise Critic.

and now there's another Celebrity offer for returning cruisers. Just got off the infinity and one week later, we're offered a special OBC as a returning cruiser, if we book a new cruise...and it's combinable with one other offer.

• $50 per stateroom — Ocean View*

• $100 per stateroom — Veranda*

• $150 per stateroom — Concierge Class, AquaClass*

• $200 per stateroom — Suites*

I assume since it's a new cruise, we can't use it on the booking we made while on the infinity last week.

I continue to be extremely confused as to what is combinable with what...especially the captain's club upgrade offer and the stockholder OBC offer.

As I read it, this offer is valid on all cruises..including Transatlantics, transpacifics, etc.

Here's the applicable portion of the fine print:

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms.

We are in the process of booking a new cruise. I did what the OP did and put in my CC# when pricing the cruise. Would get a $750 discount per stateroom. No where does it say that this price is not combinable with the current 1-2-3 promo.

Have you tried entering the 123 code in the appropriate box at the same time as you've got the $750 discount showing? Only ask as when I've tried this for some sailings it then states on the screen that promo code is not applicable - suggesting it's one or the other :confused:.

Have you tried entering the 123 code in the appropriate box at the same time as you've got the $750 discount showing? Only ask as when I've tried this for some sailings it then states on the screen that promo code is not applicable - suggesting it's one or the other :confused:.

No...I saw that box asking for a code, but didn't realize what it was. Thought it was something else. I'll go try and report back, but doesn't sound good after getting england1's answer. ;)

OK, I put in both my CC# and the code for the 1-2-3 Beverage and Gratuity. The lower price still shows, but I do not see any mention about the 1-2-3 perk.

I tried to put a Courtesy Hold on the booking, but either my computer is freezing, or Celebrity's website is. :rolleyes: I'll try again in the morning after I clear my computer. I am in the middle of doing something else right now.

Just got off the phone with Captains club rep. She didn't even ask me my reservation number, she just stated that it was not combinable with the beverage package. Maybe I will try again tomorrow.

Why? They won't do it. Loyalty discount and OBC aren't enough?

Why? They won't do it. Loyalty discount and OBC aren't enough?

I explained that I had booked on board and that instead of keeping the 123 perks I wanted to use my on board booking perk (beverage package) and combine it with the loyalty discount. She said that because I had also received an OBC for booking onboard I couldn't do it. I said I was willing to drop the OBC but she said I would have to drop the drink package. I still think I will call again tomorrow.

I did call the Captains club and the two discounts cannot be used together. Either loyalty discount or 123 Promo. For Europe the 123 is a better deal as you can choose two. I also have my OBC from booking on board last winter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I explained that I had booked on board and that instead of keeping the 123 perks I wanted to use my on board booking perk (beverage package) and combine it with the loyalty discount. She said that because I had also received an OBC for booking onboard I couldn't do it. I said I was willing to drop the OBC but she said I would have to drop the drink package. I still think I will call again tomorrow.

Probably because, as I stated, the OBC is the perk for booking onboard and you are allowed to combine this with one other perk e.g you can choose one (2 for Europe) of the 123 perks (the beverage package in your case) and combine with onboard booking OBC.

Alternatively, you can keep the perk for booking onboard i.e. the OBC, and combine this with the loyalty discount ;).

Nothing seems to be set in stone...we booked for thanksgiving in April and given a $100 loyalty discount plus the Bev pkg. And 50% deposit.

Yes, it does depend on the actual promo that is running at the time. The early booking CC discounts from earlier in the year were combinable, however, it seems to depend on what promo is available at the time of booking as to whether they are combinable or not (plus who you speak to on the telephone call) ;).

I suspect one of the T&C's of the loyalty discount program is that is is applicable to "new bookings only". Therefore can not be combined with an existing BOB reservation.

I booked with loyalty discount last year (a suite) and could get no other perks tagged to out other than Shareholder Credit, try as I did on all my subsequent cruises. On a suite the discount fare outweighed value of other perks, however standard cabins, likely the beverage package is a better value than the discount percent.