Eggs Benedict become 'Suite perk' on Quantum

MADflyer

Yet another good reason to avoid this ship.

Celebrity and Princess have them in the Buffet but Quantum want me in a suite, just toe Eggs Benny. Even carnival and P&O had them in the dining room last time I sailed with them

What 4 weeks?

Fresh items: eggs, milk, fruits & veggies, meats, etc., in fact most stores, are loaded locally on the day of departure. I've often sat on my balcony on departure day watching the loading of the food stuffs, well able to read the descriptions on the sides of the cases and crates. Many of the food stuffs are flown in to foreign ports on the day of sailing, others are sourced locally.

Edited by roadburner

Thank you for posting.

I was there at 07:30 for breakfast on day 2 and was only given your page one. I thought that menu was rather odd, but did ask if I had any other options and was told that I did not.

What is even more strange is that the head waiter did not catch on that I had been given a limited menu when I complained about my choices.

I would have easily been satisfied to find something if I had been given page 2 as you were, but the limited first page seemed odd.

Can you share a bit about your experience in Coastal Kitchen? Are there many tables for 2?

I will post about Coastal Kitchen in a separate thread when I have time.

The table in the center can be moved and separated into tables for 2, 4 or 6. The venue has some built-in design furnishings along the window that can not be moved but basically encompass 2 low rise tables for 2 on each side of a center bar-level section that is for 4.

I am sure someone will post photos of the venue soon.

So, you will have no problem getting a table for 2 if that is your preference in Coastal Kitchen.

What 4 weeks?

Fresh items: eggs, milk, fruits & veggies, meats, etc., in fact most stores, are loaded locally on the day of departure. I've often sat on my balcony on departure day watching the loading of the food stuffs, well able to read the descriptions on the sides of the cases and crates. Many of the food stuffs are flown in to foreign ports on the day of sailing, others are sourced locally.

except RCI make it clear that they ship food from their warehouse in the USA to wherever the ship happens to be, so by the time they get to the warehouse, ship them half way around the world load them on board at the end of a two week cruise 3 or 4 weeks must be pretty close to the mark.

Farm Fresh Eggs.

Do they also have a farm onboard?

Had a good laugh now walking through the WJ as the sign over the egg station also states 'Farm Fresh Eggs' with the guy standing next to the vat of egg product making omelets to order with not a single actual egg in sight.

(I am sure they have them hidden somewhere there)

I did ask if they had poached eggs available anywhere in WJ and was told no.

Just to note the page 2 of the American Icon menu was printed on the back of page one and mine was actually stuck to the menu holder I guess.

Just shows how poor communication can be sometime that both a waiter and head waiter did not realize I was not seeing the second page while trying to order as the discussion centered on how limited I thought the choices were.

The more I think about this the more ridiculous it becomes. Eggs Benedict is a standard offering on every other cruise line and in every major hotel. I sincerely hope RCI will realize how utterly ridiculous they're being. I also love how passionate many of us are about Eggs Benedict :)

I will be on Norwegian Breakaway next week, aka Quantum's competition in New York, and I will be sure to have some Eggs Benedict!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

i have to agree with alot of the sarcasm on this thread

- you have to upgrade thousands of dollars to get this...

recipe-image-legacy-id--857451_10.jpg

well golly, isnt that just grand to know that they(RCI) have our best interests at heart

hmmmm, looks good

Here's the thing though. Someone like myself or some other cruiser who has cruised on RCI many times is being told "you're a have not" but someone who perhaps grabs a suite for their first ever cruise gets a perk. I know its only eggs benedict but its a continuation of moves designed to divide their passengers into two groups. Some of the groups getting the have-not treatment have been cruising for years on RCI. What this and other similar moves has done for me is bring other cruise lines into play.

They say, don't bite the hand that feeds you. RCI would do well to pay attention to this old adage.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I also love how passionate many of us are about Eggs Benedict :)

I will be on Norwegian Breakaway next week, aka Quantum's competition in New York, and I will be sure to have some Eggs Benedict!!!

Not only did the Norwegian Getaway have Eggs Benedict on the buffet, but they had a special designated station. As the elevators exit right into the buffet there, it was forward of the elevators, while the 'standard' breakfast was towards the aft. I would assume it is the same on Breakaway.

I will post about Coastal Kitchen in a separate thread when I have time.

The table in the center can be moved and separated into tables for 2, 4 or 6. The venue has some built-in design furnishings along the window that can not be moved but basically encompass 2 low rise tables for 2 on each side of a center bar-level section that is for 4.

I am sure someone will post photos of the venue soon.

So, you will have no problem getting a table for 2 if that is your preference in Coastal Kitchen.

Thank you...:)

Eggs Benedict is an American breakfast dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. Wikipedia

Maybe when the ship arrives in Bayonne Benedicts will be put back on the menu.

I bet when the ship arrives in China the menu will change again

What the Heck are Chinese Eating for Breakfast?

from

http://etramping.com/what-the-heck-are-chinese-eating-for-breakfast/

Not only did the Norwegian Getaway have Eggs Benedict on the buffet, but they had a special designated station. As the elevators exit right into the buffet there, it was forward of the elevators, while the 'standard' breakfast was towards the aft. I would assume it is the same on Breakaway.

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! Will be my first time on a Breakaway Class ship (or NCL for that matter).

Oh Joy, Oh Rapture. Thank You Iceburg1 for posting those American Icon Grill Menus. So happy to see that French Toast Fingers and Pancakes are available for breakfast. :D

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

American Icon has a two page menu. The other poster just listed from the second page. They do offer French toast, pancakes, eggs cooked to order with bacon, ham or sausage and home fries and omelets. No eggs benedict.

I saw both pages on facebook.

I would be surprised if Royal does not put eggs benedict on the menus somewhere for bkfast for all passengers when the ship sails from NJ. All it will take is some complaints on the ship to the F&B higher ups and it will get done. See what happened when one passenger already complained about no kids menu on the first day....a kids menu was added on the 2nd day. A little patience and some calm and reasonable complaints to the right people usually gets the job done especially if the complaints come from several people onboard.

Eggs Benedict is an American breakfast dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. Wikipedia

Maybe when the ship arrives in Bayonne Benedicts will be put back on the menu.

I bet when the ship arrives in China the menu will change again

What the Heck are Chinese Eating for Breakfast?

from

http://etramping.com/what-the-heck-are-chinese-eating-for-breakfast/

I would be surprised if Royal does not put eggs benedict on the menus somewhere for bkfast for all passengers when the ship sails from NJ. All it will take is some complaints on the ship to the F&B higher ups and it will get done. See what happened when one passenger already complained about no kids menu on the first day....a kids menu was added on the 2nd day. A little patience and some calm and reasonable complaints to the right people usually gets the job done especially if the complaints come from several people onboard.

repost

I respectfully disagree, we pay a premium for RCL for a better management staff -- that has experience and understands their customers and market. How can any business not 'know' they need a kids menu when they sale cabins to kids?

If any restaurant opened in my city without a kids menu, a very limited two page menu, no eggs Benedict, and waiters or managers that don't know this, they would not be forgiven and the reviews would be brutal.

I for one would not give my money to such a poorly run business on land. It seems to me that RCL makes decisions clearly for better operational efficiency (not with the guests experience in mind) and excuses are offered.

I do believe RCL will capitulate but to me it shows their true DNA. Instead of providing a menu and items for the guests WOW, they want to save the labor on a 'complicated' breakfast item.

Such a long post on eggs, I guess I like eggs Benedict more than I thought and this must have struck a nerve. My two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

has anyone else got anything specific on this topic? has RCI changed their minds? or anyone bring up this during Q&A?

and if you think this is bad - apparently we are all being man-handled on the room service as well - take a look at the pictures!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123167