Promenade staterooms

michtrif

We and one a couple years ago and hated it. So noisy. But I am a light sleeper. I don't think my kids minded it as much as it didn't go late late every night. Just the night I decided to go in early....

But definitely the most noise I have ever had in a room. And I love Boardwalk balconies and don't mind low floors or even 14.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try to avoid a connecting room.

On our most recent cruise our kids had a connecting room and either they had really loud, noisy neighbors or the walls were really thin.

My daughter was not happy and in the future if we are not connecting with family I will not book a connecting room.

The noisiest night I can remember was the disco night. We were on 8, down at the end by Guest Services.

We had a promenade cabin on Liberty last December. I didn't find it to be noisy. There was a little during the parade and dance party, but other than that we had little noise, and it was a connecting cabin. I would definitely stay in one again.

I had a promenade interior on the Independence last December. The only time I heard noise was the promenade parade/party. Otherwise, I didn't hear anything from the promenade. There was your standard noise from the hallway and a little from the room next door and we had a connecting room which was a surprise for us. All in all, it was negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you have a choice between a inside and promenade cabin, take the promenade.

If you have a choice between a outside cabin and a Promenade take the outside cabin. If you have a choice between any outside balcony and a promenade cabin take the outside balcony.

Basically you have to keep the curtains closed, lest you forget, many Cruise Critic may be watching LOL

PS: We dislike the Promenade cabins and we just traded one for a outside cabin on deck two.

I stayed in a promenade room on Liberty and loved it. I enjoyed people watching from my window seat, I loved watching the parades from the comfort of my private window seat too! No need to bump shoulders during the parade. I could hear everything through the windows. But that didn't bother me as I could stay up u til the parades and parties were done. But if you are an early to bed person, you might not enjoy the loud music.

I stayed in a promenade room on Liberty and loved it. I enjoyed people watching from my window seat, I loved watching the parades from the comfort of my private window seat too! No need to bump shoulders during the parade. I could hear everything through the windows. But that didn't bother me as I could stay up u til the parades and parties were done. But if you are an early to bed person, you might not enjoy the loud music.

We stayed in a promenade room on Deck 9, I think (the ones with the tilted-out windows), on Mariner of the Seas. Only noise was during the parades, but we enjoyed watching the Promenade from our windows. The folks across from us seemed not to know that you could see thru their window when their light was on - or they didn't care. I'd take one again for the price difference.

We have stayed in promenade rooms often and you can hear the "muffled" music from the parade. This has not been a problem for us except one particular cruise where they did the 70's party later than the other cruises we had been on. It was very late (I think it was Voyager). Also, the lower deck is louder so we always try for the top level or the next one down (I think that's deck 7 or 8) - mid-ship and not above a late night bar.

I agree with another poster that it's sometimes fun to watch the goings on below....

We are booked in a promenade on the Freedom in May....

I just returned from the Freedom of the Sea cruise. Had a promenade room on deck 8 above the Bull and Bear pub. Never had a noise issue even with the music going on late into the night. I had friends on deck 6 and never heard them complain of noise from the promenade. I did not find the room small with the beds together but I believe if they are separated it would take up more space. Otherwise loved the cabin and would book one again when I get a chance.

I just returned from the Freedom of the Sea cruise. Had a promenade room on deck 8 above the Bull and Bear pub. Never had a noise issue even with the music going on late into the night. I had friends on deck 6 and never heard them complain of noise from the promenade. I did not find the room small with the beds together but I believe if they are separated it would take up more space. Otherwise loved the cabin and would book one again when I get a chance.

I agree (except for the one cruise mentioned with the late night 70's party). I forgot to add that my only complaint noise-wise is when there are fellow cruisers and sometimes staff members who let their doors slam constantly. Sometimes if you are near a family with small kids, they will slam their doors. I believe this to be the loudest issue you may encounter.