Miami-Getting wine/liquor before boarding?

canyoncam

Just trying to figure out best option. Flying in the night before to MIA with a landing time of 8:59pm. Currently I am holding two reservations at hotels.

The first is for Springhill Suites East by the hospital. This is an industrial area and I have not found any liquor stores in walking distance. We could just take a taxi the next day instead of the shuttle and stop at one on the way to the port.

The other is for the Holiday Inn Miami Port. I hear see there are plenty of liquor stores within 3-4 blocks. I am leaning this way. There is also a Walgreens but I am having difficulty determining if it sells wine or not. I called but the girl did not speak English which unfortunately is the only language I do speak. But at least I know then I could also grab some water.

My other concern is when all these stores are open. I don't want to walk around at night. Even if we took taxi to hotels from airport I think we might be too late as some say closed at 10pm. In the morning I want to be on the ship as early as possible to secure some reservations. Most say not open until 10am.

So my main questions I guess are:

Has anyone used Walgreens by Bayside between Flagler and 1st off of SE3rd to get wine?

Does anyone know of any better options?

TIA

Walgreens offers a reasonable selection of national brand wine - nothing fancy or super expensive.

I know its nothing fancy but one of us HAS to have wine every night before dinner and at home it is just boxed wine anyhow. I just wanted to confirm this Walgreens does sell wine. Thanks.

Less than a one minute walk from the Holiday Inn that you are considering is a CVS which was remodeled about one year ago. It has wine, beer, soda and water and a variety of other items. Just no spirits. You can just go there after having breakfast that morning and pick up what you need. It's right there.

Keith

Personally, I prefer Public but given a choice of a one minute walk to CVS or a longer walk to Walgreens I would go with the CVS and if CVS and Walgreens were both the same distance I would go to this particular CVS as they expanded the wine department when they remodeled the store.

Keith

Thanks everyone!

I don't know why I did not even think of CVS! I am so glad Florida does not have the silly law Colorado does of only one location in a chain store being able to carry wine. As long as we get the wine we are good. I can wait until the the first port to get my liquor. Sailing on Disney so its allowed back on with me!!!

Thanks everyone!

I don't know why I did not even think of CVS! I am so glad Florida does not have the silly law Colorado does of only one location in a chain store being able to carry wine. As long as we get the wine we are good. I can wait until the the first port to get my liquor. Sailing on Disney so its allowed back on with me!!!

Yes, you can get the wine there, and it is just about at your door.

In Miami they even sell wine on Sunday and in the morning too. I know that was not your question but thought I would mention it anyway.

Keith