Interesting things seen from your balcony?

WeIsCruisin

We have seen many flying fish and dolphins. A shark or two. In Alaska we have seen bald eagles and a bear.

I've seen the best lightning show from our room very early one morning before coming into Puerto Vallarta.

I have also seen the loading crew dump a cart full of luggage into the water one afternoon before our cruise. But no worries on that one...turns out we didn't need many changes of clothes anyway since it was the Splendor cruise before it caught fire the next am.

When leaving Palma in Mallorca on the Island Escape we were told by the captain about some Water Funnels, which are mini tornados, just a few miles from where we were sailing, there was 3 of them!

Saw a ghost ship, only once. Ghost sightings and paranormal activity on land, pretty common.. this was my only time seeing ghosts at sea.

Interesting, I'd love to know more about this!

Aboard the Wind Spirit one evening we watched, fascinated, at marine phosphorescence. It's a heatless light generated chemically by marine plants and animals. The sea literally lit up as the stabilizers cut thru the water. It's seemed like pure magic.

I had two experiences on my last cruise.

We were crossing the equator the same day as the Solar Equinox so the sun was directly overhead at noon. I was standing on my balcony with bright sunshine and no shadow.

The second one was a full lunar eclips while we were in the Caribbean. With no other lights around, the view of the stars and moon was spatacular.

Don

We were on the Ebola cruise, pretty cool to watch coast guard helicopter, lower a basket. Next to balcony. ..

I agree with blue mudshark on this one. Please don't call it the Ebola cruise. Call it by its proper name - The irrational fear cruise.

Or better still - The more for your money cruise!:D

My wife and I were "mooned" by an old guy on a RCCL ship docked along side us. We both wire brushed our eyes with turpentine immediately after.

Turpentine! My new 'must pack' item for cruising. You never know what you're gonna see from that balcony.:eek:

Our very first cruise left miami in heavy rain and 50 degrees....even the taxi driver apologized for the weather!....as we got to the open ocean there was a dolphin on either side of the bow.....saw that as a good omen and it was....bald eagle perched on the end dock pole,lots of flying fish and orcas in alaska....and a man and 2 boys sreaming up at passengers in a nearby balcony....as I was saying to myself how rude and obnoxious they were I realized it was my brother and my nephews!...lol

Absolutely nothing...... But serenity

Carnival Elation 2010

Disney World 2011

Carnival Fascination 2011

Carnival Ecstasy 2013

Disney World 3013

Carnival Dream 2014

Carnival Liberty 2015

Disney World 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 weeks ago on the breakaway a rubber pontoon boat got to close when we left nassau and bounced off the side of the ship, the capt made an announcement apologized because guest were freaking out (uss cole memories maybe) . During the q&a the cruise director said the guy was drunk fishing and turned the wrong way.

We were docked along side of the Mein Schiff a couple of years ago having a drink on our balcony. Apparently few people aboard that ship cared that there was another right along side. Lots of folks changing their clothes with the blinds wide open and one fat old guy walking his balcony without a stitch on for at least 20 minutes. :eek::eek::eek: He absolutely had to see us and others out there but I guess he was mighty proud, not sure of what though???:rolleyes:

A few years ago while docked in St Maarten we saw a LOT of naked men on balconies on the ship docked next to us. Some of them were sitting NAKED on the wooden railing of their balcony. From that day on I now carry Clorox wipes and the first thing I do is wipe down that rail and chairs. BTW we found out later that it was gay cruise. The whole ship was sold out to them. We saw a LOT of bare hinnies that day. I think they enjoyed the shock value they provided.

In Alaska we saw about 100 dolphins following right alongside the ship. It was awazing to see. On a whale watch excursion we saw a pod of whales just 30 feet off the side of the small boat we were in. Amazing.

Edited by Boozebabe

About half way from Vancouver to Hawaii a big red ball bobbing along in the ocean. Not sure where it came from and not sure where it was going.

Have seen different animal like but the ball was the weirdest thing.

tigercat