Faster to the Fun - Sold Out!!

ldarcy

I went to book the Faster to the Fun for our next cruise... it's already sold out :( but obviously that's my own fault for not booking sooner! Do these usually become available again when the final payment date comes up and people have to cancel? I'm checking every day for cancellations but I'm really counting on that day!!

Also, on our cruise in May to Alaska it doesn't show the Faster to the Fun in the excursions at all - is it possible it will be added closer to the date or is it just not available on that cruise?

Thanks in advance!!

ldarcy

I can say that if the FTTF are all sold out it's possible that someone may cancel and it could release a FTTF for you to purchase - that's how we got ours. With a little bit of luck and persistence you may be able to secure one for your cabin. It took a month of watching before one turned up for me to nab. :)

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

You need to keep checking. If the number of diamond and platinum cruisers is not as high as they anticipated they will open additional slots. My Freedom repo cruise FTTF has been sold out for months. A few were released today and they are once again sold out.

You may try email the shore excursions department and asking to be alerted. Others have reported here having luck with that.

When we cruised Alaska it was not available. I will share with you the those were the two easiest embark/debark cruises we have ever cruised. And we have had FTTF for two of our other cruises.

Good luck

• Like 1

Don't worry...I think FTTF is a waste of money.

I was on the ship in 20 minutes from drop off to being in my cabin...(arrived around 1:00) and I'm not in a preferred group. (This is on 5 cruises on Splendor from NY since Feb)

I just don't get the hype...the real fun begins once the ship leaves.

Is it really important to be on that early? Not flaming....just curious why this is such a big deal....

Not a waste of money in my opinion. Yes, you get on not that far behind, but the real benefit to me is having the room ready and luggage expressed. We were in our room unpacked by noon. Also, had priority tendering at HMC, definitely made it nice. Just walked to GS and they took us down like the VIPs we were. :D also, had some issues that I had to use GS last sea day. The line was LONG, and it was nice to go straight to the front of the line, not once but twice. There is no way you can convince me all these things combined was not worth $50 of my time.

• Like 1

I was on the ship in 20 minutes from drop off to being in my cabin...(arrived around 1:00) and I'm not in a preferred group. (This is on 5 cruises on Splendor from NY since Feb)

Is it really important to be on that early? Not flaming....just curious why this is such a big deal....

Well, if you actually understood what FTTF has to offer you might think differently.

FTTF is only offered to 30 cabins total. It is released in 15 cabin increments.

If not many Diamond/platinum members are sailing they will release the next 15.

arriving at the pier about 10:30-11am will get you Zone 1 which puts you at the front of the line after FTTF and diamond platinum people. You just have to carry around your carry ons until about 1:30.

I went to book the Faster to the Fun for our next cruise... it's already sold out :( but obviously that's my own fault for not booking sooner! Do these usually become available again when the final payment date comes up and people have to cancel? I'm checking every day for cancellations but I'm really counting on that day!!

Also, on our cruise in May to Alaska it doesn't show the Faster to the Fun in the excursions at all - is it possible it will be added closer to the date or is it just not available on that cruise?

Thanks in advance!!

ldarcy

They don't sell FTTF out of Vancouver....Only 2 cruises a year from there..Dennis

I agree. It's pure profit for Carnival. The only real thing you can do on the ship early is eat and by the time you are finished eating, your room is ready.

I agree. It's pure profit for Carnival. The only real thing you can do on the ship early is eat and by the time you are finished eating, your room is ready.

Not true. Personally we always like to explore the ship, to be able to get the lay of the land, so to speak... and to be able to do so early, without missing out on anything, without the crowds, and without having to drag our carry on luggage around is wonderful. Well worth a measly $50. :D

• Like 1

Keep checking every day, I scored one for my Feb 8, 2015 last week and it was sold out for weeks. I got the last one of the next batch they released at around 11 am. I emailed the shore excursions email as it was suggested on here and I think they have received a lot of requests lately, this was the response I got.

Hello,

Thank you for your Faster to the Fun query. Due to a recent large number of these waitlist requests being sent to this address, we will do our best to notify you but best we can promise right now is yes, your request received, and we will do our very best to add additional space for your sailing and wherever possible.

However, right now there is currently nothing available for this sailing, as by its nature, FTTF is kept very limited, and may already be at its final capacity in total for this voyage. Please know final numbers ultimately depends on the numbers of Diamond and Platinum guests sailing. But in meantime I’ll happily keep your information and if they do happen to add additional space or if any cancellations prior to your particular sailing, we'll do our best to let you know. Will likely have a better idea if any additional spaces will be possible, closer to sailing date.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

When I emailed them back to say that I was able to get one they replied...

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! (direct quote)

If you are diligent in your daily checking I'm pretty confident you will score one, it's too far out for them to not release more in all likelihood.

As to the debate for the worthiness of FTTF, I've got it on my last two cruises and intend to get it until I'm platinum. Love it!!!

• Like 1

We leave on Saturday on the Glory, waited until 3 weeks ago to book so needless to say FTTF was sold out. I emailed Carnival Excursions and told them to add me to the list if any became available and they replied they would be happy to. Couple weeks went by and nothing, I had still continued checking Carnival's website multiple times per day and last friday, BOOM there was 4 left and I got one. Then last night I get an email from Carnival saying I am sorry we have not had any openings and FTTF is sold out and will not be available. Uhhh, ok. I replied back that I had got lucky I guess and snagged one last week. Moral of this story...Check multiple times per day and dont expect the Excursion email saying we have held one for you.

To each their own but we have found FTTF to be one of the best values during our cruises. Alot more perks than just getting on the boat and getting to your room first.

They don't sell FTTF out of Vancouver....Only 2 cruises a year from there..Dennis

That explains why we couldn't get FTTF on one of our Alaska cruises. Thanks ExFed. Vancouver had it going on. They knew how to handle and move people.

As to the FTTF debate, each person has to decide for themselves what value it brings. If you are one of those that don't think it is worth it then by all means save your money for something you will enjoy. However, I have FTTF purchased for my next two cruises and then will be platinum.

For us the biggest benefit of FTTF is checking in. Hubby hates lines.

The second reason is having our stateroom ready upon boarding. And I would like to add to all those plat and diamond members that hate on us FTTFers one of your benefits is now having your stateroom ready. That was added to your perks with the advent of FTTF.

Keep checking every day, I scored one for my Feb 8, 2015 last week and it was sold out for weeks. I got the last one of the next batch they released at around 11 am. I emailed the shore excursions email as it was suggested on here and I think they have received a lot of requests lately, this was the response I got.

Hello,

Thank you for your Faster to the Fun query. Due to a recent large number of these waitlist requests being sent to this address, we will do our best to notify you but best we can promise right now is yes, your request received, and we will do our very best to add additional space for your sailing and wherever possible.

However, right now there is currently nothing available for this sailing, as by its nature, FTTF is kept very limited, and may already be at its final capacity in total for this voyage. Please know final numbers ultimately depends on the numbers of Diamond and Platinum guests sailing. But in meantime I’ll happily keep your information and if they do happen to add additional space or if any cancellations prior to your particular sailing, we'll do our best to let you know. Will likely have a better idea if any additional spaces will be possible, closer to sailing date.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

When I emailed them back to say that I was able to get one they replied...

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! (direct quote)

If you are diligent in your daily checking I'm pretty confident you will score one, it's too far out for them to not release more in all likelihood.

As to the debate for the worthiness of FTTF, I've got it on my last two cruises and intend to get it until I'm platinum. Love it!!!

What email did you use for the Tour Operations? I did use it last time also when I was on the Pride and I had a Suit also.

We leave on Saturday on the Glory, waited until 3 weeks ago to book so needless to say FTTF was sold out. I emailed Carnival Excursions and told them to add me to the list if any became available and they replied they would be happy to. Couple weeks went by and nothing, I had still continued checking Carnival's website multiple times per day and last friday, BOOM there was 4 left and I got one. Then last night I get an email from Carnival saying I am sorry we have not had any openings and FTTF is sold out and will not be available. Uhhh, ok. I replied back that I had got lucky I guess and snagged one last week. Moral of this story...Check multiple times per day and dont expect the Excursion email saying we have held one for you.

To each their own but we have found FTTF to be one of the best values during our cruises. Alot more perks than just getting on the boat and getting to your room first.

I'll bet someone booked a ticket for every person, then realized that's not needed.

And good advise to still keep checking, because according that email above, they don't exactly promise you they'll notify you. :(

Thanks for the encouragement! It's good to know they might release more at some point. I'll definately send an e-mail to Carnival but will check the website every day!

The appeal of FTTF for me is having the room ready for me - I HATE carrying stuff around! - and we both hate lineups. This was going to be my first FTTF :( Alaska was going to be my second! Guess I can stop looking for that now!

I appreciate the help!!

ldarcy

Well, if you actually understood what FTTF has to offer you might think differently.

I fully understand what FTTF has to offer which is why I consider it to be a waste of money for ME. If someone thinks it's great, so be it.

You just never know, so it's good for peace of mind. I once waited in line to board for two hours. It is worth it to me to know that I don't have to do that. I have a knee injury and it's worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement! It's good to know they might release more at some point. I'll definately send an e-mail to Carnival but will check the website every day!

The appeal of FTTF for me is having the room ready for me - I HATE carrying stuff around! - and we both hate lineups. This was going to be my first FTTF :( Alaska was going to be my second! Guess I can stop looking for that now!

I appreciate the help!!

ldarcy

Keep checking. I sail on the Splendor in 4 days and cancelled my FTTF today due to a change in travel plans. Somebody who's looking will snap it up I'm sure.

I fully understand what FTTF has to offer which is why I consider it to be a waste of money for ME. If someone thinks it's great, so be it.

Based on the post I responded to, you seem to think the only usefulness of FTTF is to get on the ship early. Now if you had said "I didn't get on early, we had no tender ports, I never had to go to GS, etc......." then you would have presented the proper image of why FTTF was worthless to YOU. But instead, you made it sound like if you don't get on early then FTTF is worthless which is hardly the case!

Not true. Personally we always like to explore the ship, to be able to get the lay of the land, so to speak... and to be able to do so early, without missing out on anything, without the crowds, and without having to drag our carry on luggage around is wonderful. Well worth a measly $50. :D

But I get on the ships within 15 minutes of you, and my back-pack is not really an issue, since I am sitting down eating. The porters handle my luggage just fine.

ldarcy, Thank you for this discussion as we are in the "same boat" for next April's Dream cruise. I keep checking throughout every day. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Let me say on the Liberty last week we had, are you ready, 500 Diamonds, Platinum and suite guests. There was now seating for this number and it was a zoo. Across the aisle were the FTTF group which had at least 150 people.

This kind of stuff really blows the idea of getting on the ship quick.