Booking Aqua????

midwestchick

Think about changing my existing reservation to Aqua Class on the Summit. Even if I would change to concierge, I would get all 3 of the perks being offered.

For those of you who have done both Aqua and just a regular veranda cabin, were you satisfied with your decision? I know I've read the food in Blu is supposed to be so much better than the MDR. If I'm going to do this I should probably do it today...cabins have been filling quickly.

Opnions please.

I know food is subjective, but we always book Aqua Class or a Suite to be able to eat in Blu. It is one of our favorites. We enjoy the quieter atmosphere as well as the food selections and portion sizes. You didn't mention the price to upgrade, but if you are able, we would. I hope this helps

We have done both, but now always choose AQ. It seems to me that the food is more individually prepared than the MDR (to be expected b/c of the difference in number of diners). Like the first poster, we also like the more intimate atmosphere. As a two, you are usually seated in way that, if you wish, you can converse with fellow diners. We like it so much. Best wishes on your cruise.

Yes there is a cost to upgrade, but figuring in the 123 promo, it's affordable. We'll be on a 14 day cruise and figure we really wouldn't have to pack a suit for DH...just dress slacks and shirts and possibly a sport coat for dinner. I thought I had read somewhere that X may do away with men having to wear suits to the MDR but haven't seen anything lately.

We found the MDR on the Silhouette to be very crowded and noisey. We did love the escargot and lobster but, other than that, didn't really feel the food was anything special.

I thought at one time, someone had posted the menus for Blu. I'll have to see if I can find them.

Edited by midwestchick

We also enjoy the food in Blu... especially for Breakfast. The Oceanview Cafe was just a zoo on our last cruise in the mornings....was worth the extra $$ just for the warm croissants, yummy parfait, fresh squeezed oj, and relaxed pace!!

I also really enjoyed the aromatherapy steam room and heated loungers, though I know many people don't - was like a mini relaxation spa for me most every day.

I'd go for it if it wasn't a huge amount more.

We also enjoy the food in Blu... especially for Breakfast. The Oceanview Cafe was just a zoo on our last cruise in the mornings....was worth the extra $$ just for the warm croissants, yummy parfait, fresh squeezed oj, and relaxed pace!!

I also really enjoyed the aromatherapy steam room and heated loungers, though I know many people don't - was like a mini relaxation spa for me most every day.

I'd go for it if it wasn't a huge amount more.

I was not aware of that...thanks for the information. Actually I really don't know all of the perks that comes with booking Aqua, since I've never looked into it before.

AQ on the Summit that is a M class is a little different than AQ on a S class.

The Persian Gardens on the M class does not ahve loungers, their is only a bench that is like a pew, and no outside view.

There were no footstools on the balcony becasue the balcony is too narrow, but I have heard that some do have them.

The cabins are the same as the CC becasue they were CC cabins that were converted to AQ during the Solitilazation. The new cabins on deck 11 are made to look like the cabins on deck 9.

The big advantage is dining in Blu.

Many times the difference in cost isn't that great and it is worth it for he extras.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We sailed in Aqua on Millennium to Alaska and were able to enjoy escargot in Blu. Not sure about lobster but we might have been in a specialty restaurant the day it was served. We liked the quieter atmosphere of Blu, and the fact that we could eat when we were ready.

The Persian Gardens on the M class ships are nothing like those on S class. They have some heated benches in a cave like atmosphere, no heated loungers overlooking the ocean. We did not use Persian Gardens on Millennium

Mary Lou

I was not aware of that...thanks for the information. Actually I really don't know all of the perks that comes with booking Aqua, since I've never looked into it before.

Hi MIDWESTCHICK,

Here is where you should start... Celebrity's own website, you'll be able to read up on each Category and compare

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms

Cheers!

Once we started booking AQ we never went back to another cabin class...it is perfect for us but of course everyone has their own preferences

have not tried it on an M class ship,,,,we will in Jan. I do agree that PG not so nice compared to S class...

We always book Aqua Class when we can. We just returned home after thirty-five nights on the Century, which doesn't offer Aqua, and really missed dining in Blu.

If the OP found the MDR on the Silhouette noisy, they will definitely prefer the quietness of Blu. We have been in Blu on both S-class and M-class ships, and actually prefer Blu on the M-class ships as the dining room is even more intimate. And lobster is served in Blu on the final formal night -- just as it is in the MDR.

mwc

we have sailed AQ and regular balcony ...as a matter of fact i have one of each booked

i prefer AQ ... that being said ... price dictates ... we enjoy blu not necessarily because we think the food IS THAT MUCH BETTER but we LOVE the atmosphere of Blu ... its worth it for that

either way enjoy ...

ps recognize you from the AZ boards ... we loved our AZ med sailing in may

We love Aqua class. Blu is wonderful. Food was delicious and the atmosphere more restaurant and not large dining room. Also the shower is relaxing. We did have foot stools.

We booked Aqua class again and will continue to do so as long as the price is right.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

mwc

we have sailed AQ and regular balcony ...as a matter of fact i have one of each booked

i prefer AQ ... that being said ... price dictates ... we enjoy blu not necessarily because we think the food IS THAT MUCH BETTER but we LOVE the atmosphere of Blu ... its worth it for that

either way enjoy ...

ps recognize you from the AZ boards ... we loved our AZ med sailing in may

Hi riandei...recognize you as well. :D

Thanks to all the other posters for your input.

I'm doing a search for menus I can read for Blu. Decisions, decisions. ;)

Does anyone know if the cabins and balconies are larger on Summit, deck 11? Do they have bathtubs or just showers?

Edited by midwestchick

I'm doing a search for menus I can read for Blu. Decisions, decisions. ;)

Does anyone know if the cabins and balconies are larger on Summit, deck 11? Do they have bathtubs or just showers?

There are definitely photos or links to Blu Menues here on CC... Although how recent they are could be another matter.

All the Cabins on Deck 11 (M-Class Ships, including The Summit) are Aqua Class A1s. They were added when these ships were "Solsticized". Prime Real Estate here are the 5 Sunset Afts over the Oceanview Back Deck (with a view to the wake).

Cabins were added as pods during Solsticization... So they definitely have a newer feel, tho the familiar straight walls & furniture of the M-Class Cabins.

Three things often talked about that makes them more similar to the S-Class Ships are the Enclosed Showers, the Sliding Balcony Doors and the Balcony Panels that open (connectivity)

The "5 on the aft" have oversized balconies... Centre I the largest, ends are the smallest. And they have some overhead covering so nice mix of sun & shade.

The A1s on either side are the same cabin wise. Believe I have read their balconies might be a tad larger than a standard sized one... But they have very little in the way of overhang / shade

All the A1s have the same amenities inside & out that correspond to Aqua Class elements...

For more info check out these links:

Cabin Photos = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

Bungee Cords ? = http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109888

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The Oceanview Cafe was just a zoo on our last cruise in the mornings.

Nice to know because in a zoo the animals are contained in enclosed areas, controlled, and they aren't running wild. Plus a zoo is organized. :rolleyes:

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There are definitely photos or links to Blu Menues here on CC... Although how recent they are could be another matter.

All the Cabins on Deck 11 (M-Class Ships, including The Summit) are Aqua Class A1s. They were added when these ships were "Solsticized". Prime Real Estate here are the 5 Sunset Afts over the Oceanview Back Deck (with a view to the wake).

Cabins were added as pods during Solsticization... So they definitely have a newer feel, tho the familiar straight walls & furniture of the M-Class Cabins.

Three things often talked about that makes them more similar to the S-Class Ships are the Enclosed Showers, the Sliding Balcony Doors and the Balcony Panels that open (connectivity)

The "5 on the aft" have oversized balconies... Centre I the largest, ends are the smallest. And they have some overhead covering so nice mix of sun & shade.

The A1s on either side are the same cabin wise. Believe I have read their balconies might be a tad larger than a standard sized one... But they have very little in the way of overhang / shade

All the A1s have the same amenities inside & out that correspond to Aqua Class elements...

For more info check out these links:

Cabin Photos = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

Bungee Cords ? = http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109888

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thank you, Sloop. We are now booked in A1, portside. :D The big aft cabins were taken. There were only a couple left on deck 11, so I thought, if I'm going to do it, better get 'r done. :D Looking forward to eating in Blu.