Conceirge Class vs. Veranda

Mummble

Under the new promotion, I could get a Concierge Class (C3) instead of the balcony room that I have booked. However, even after taking all the bonuses into account, the C3 would still cost an extra $100 for the cabin, and it seems that I would move from a mid-ship veranda to a forward C3. This will be my first cruise on Celebrity, and don't know if the C3 is really any different than the Veranda. Reading the description, the bottle of bubbly at embarkation would be nice, but I could get that for less than $100.

I would love to hear from those of you that have been in both types of staterooms if the additional perks in concierge are worth it! More than the additional cost ($100 isn't much), I'm concerned about feeling a lot of motion in the ship being that far forward.

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions!

Under the new promotion, I could get a Concierge Class (C3) instead of the balcony room that I have booked. However, even after taking all the bonuses into account, the C3 would still cost an extra $100 for the cabin, and it seems that I would move from a mid-ship veranda to a forward C3. This will be my first cruise on Celebrity, and don't know if the C3 is really any different than the Veranda. Reading the description, the bottle of bubbly at embarkation would be nice, but I could get that for less than $100.

I would love to hear from those of you that have been in both types of staterooms if the additional perks in concierge are worth it! More than the additional cost ($100 isn't much), I'm concerned about feeling a lot of motion in the ship being that far forward.

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions!

First off...

If you have sailed Celebrity before you will qualify for the regular Captain's Club perks... Which means a 50% Deposit, and a one SubCategory Upgrade* (Pay for a C3get a C2) so that should take care of your being fare forward concerns (the majority of C2s are midship)

* Captains Club perks are available on most sailings whether booked at sea or ashore. There however restrictions (ie C2 to C1 Upgrade - Holidays, Special Events, Suites etc) so be sure & check the fine print on any offers

Other Concierge Perks...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

Personaly, Mr Sloop & I perceive real value in the added benefits of Concierge Class ... Tho some Celebrity Cruisers say for them a lot of the perks are not realized.

Mr Sloop & I enjoy the benefits be they in the Stateroom or elements that happen behind the scenes... Then of course there are the extra Captain's Club Points

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

What is the cruise point difference from verandah to C1 cabin and where do you find this information.

Thanks

Captain's Club Points per night:

2 for Inside

3 for Veranda

5 for Concierge or Aqua

Suites are even higher, depends on which one you book

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/captains-club

Cheers!

We are just off the Silhouette last weekend. It was our first cruise and we were in a C1 aft cabin which we adored. We would book it again in a heartbeat, but for the location not for the perks, which we found to be of negligible value. If you want a particular cabin, or you want the extra points go for it, but if for the perks its probably not worth it.

Priority check in - only people we saw who benefitted from this were in suites.

Express luggage delivery - ours never came until after muster drill, well after most people.

Daily ice service in stainless steel buckets - only ice bucket we saw was plastic and full of warm water with our welcome bubbly in - could probably have got this if we asked.

Personalised concierge service?????

Priority disembarkation in concierge class - concierge waiting area was further from disembarkation point and a distinct disadvantage, we didn't use it but were first on our coach home.

Shoeshine service - not used

Main and speciality seating time preferences - didn't happen

Expanded room service menu - basic menu not very different from concierge

Welcome sparkling wine - very nice enjoyed this.

Pillow menu - no sign of this, but pillows were fine, could probably have asked for this if needed

Afternoon canapés - were horrid, and you have to be in the room at a set time to receive them.

Plush bathrobes - we found them a little stiff

Fresh fruit - 3 green apples, when 2 were eaten they were replaced with pears that were too hard to eat, even after 1 week. We picked up bananas in Oceanview each day to take to the room.

Custom blended bath amenities - we took our own that we know we like. X products had a weird smell which we didn't like, but that's just personal preference.

Binoculars and golf umbrella, were present but were never used.

Extra hand held hair dryer - there was one in the room.

Celebrity tote bag - slightly better quality, and we did use this once or twice.

Showerhead - shower was good but couldn't comment if better or not.

Edited by TowandaUK

For an extra $100 net price I would usually take the CC. However, if the only one I could get is way upfront I would take the regular balcony instead if I could get a nice, mid-ship one. There is definitely more motion upfront, if there is motion to be had on the cruise. I might make this decision based on how much time at sea, and in what waters. If it is a port intensive cruise in generally calm waters, I would take the chance (and I am very prone to motion sickness so that is a consideration for me, and it doesn't really matter if it doesn't bother some people, or their cruise was smooth as glass or whatever you will hear - the science is the science and motion is worse far aft or far forward, if there is motion at all on the cruise). On the plus side, the far forward locations have some benefits. You are a short elevator ride to the theater, a lounge, the adult pool area, and the spa and gym. The elevators are less crowded (except right before or after a show), and the area is generally more quiet. I also don't feel the CC benefits are worth a lot, and agree that for us the footstools are a huge plus - the rest not so much (we don't need the extra Captains club points, but that is a huge plus for some)

Don't forget about the foot rest for the chair on the balcony. That to me is worth more than all of the other benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't get this on our recent cruise in concierge! :( Didn't know we should have though, so we didn't miss it. :)

For $100 I would book CC. More points plus we like some of the amenities.

You ask your steward for the type of pillow you want and you shall receive it.

The terry robes are nice and we like the foot stools.

Check in lines are long. However the concierge, Aqua class, and suite line is shorter than the everyone else line.

Enjoy your first Celebrity cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have sailed the M class ships the last 3 times and no footrest in Concierge on our balcony. However on M class you do receive about 20 extra sq ft of room in your cabin. Check out the dimensions of the Veranda vs Concierge on the M class and you will see that. On S class the rooms are the same size in Veranda and Concierge. Besides the other perks on M class we feel Concierge is worth it if not too much higher than Veranda.

First off...

If you have sailed Celebrity before you will qualify for the regular Captain's Club perks... Which means a 50% Deposit, and a one SubCategory Upgrade* (Pay for a C3get a C2) so that should take care of your being fare forward concerns (the majority of C2s are midship)

* Captains Club perks are available on most sailings whether booked at sea or ashore. There however restrictions (ie C2 to C1 Upgrade - Holidays, Special Events, Suites etc) so be sure & check the fine print on any offers

Other Concierge Perks...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

Personaly, Mr Sloop & I perceive real value in the added benefits of Concierge Class ... Tho some Celebrity Cruisers say for them a lot of the perks are not realized.

Mr Sloop & I enjoy the benefits be they in the Stateroom or elements that happen behind the scenes... Then of course there are the extra Captain's Club Points

Cheers!

Nothing there that would make me pay more. We are Elite on Celebrity since we are D+ on Royal so we get the bulk of those perks anyway. If we could break even, I would cancel and rebook to get all 3 perks. But I figured it out and we would pay at least $100 more to move, so just not worth it to me. I already have the free pkg, and$275 in OBC, so with the added cost of Conceirge not going to do it.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of the opinions and information. It doesn't sound like the bonuses to the Concierge Class room are spectacular - I think for now, I'll just watch the pricing. If I'm able to get a mid-ship concierge class for about the same price I've paid, I'll jump on that.

Thanks again!

Go to your "Roll Call" and ask there as well. Many of the people on your ship have probably sailed her before so they would know what she's like in the water. For instance when we were on the Summit, she moved very little because the ports were so close that she was sailing at just under 10 knots with very little wind.

If you do upgrade I would also use that OBC to upgrade your drink package to the premium while on board. You would be surprised how much stuff is not included in the classic package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums