Bringing on water

chrislo

We plan to stop and pick up water to bring on board with us. I have read Carnival's rules and I understand we can bring 12 20oz bottles of water per person. My question is, is that in addition to the bottle of wine each adult can carry on or is it one or the other?

Thank you

Do you know about the corkage fee or the screwed up fee as the case may be? Even if you open the wine in your cabin, the fee is charged.

Carnival doesn't automatically charge corkage.

Thank you. NCL charges so I assumed Carnival does. For once I have OBC for this cruise in November (thank you cruise critic) so won't bother but good to know for future.

Yep it's a heart breaker for me on NCL since I would love to bring on 2 bottles of my favorite wine. Meanwhile I suck it up and look forward to Carnival allowing me to enjoy my favorites without the corkage fee.

In case you missed it, Carnival is now selling bottled water by the case of 24 onboard the ships. I think the difference in price would be justified, to avoid having to lug the water around during embarkation. We have always taken our own bottled water to have in the room, but I think we'll try theirs next time. Note: If drinking out of the glasses provided in your room bothers you, take your own plastic tumblers to use. They hardly take up any space in your suitcase, because you can stack them together and put something inside them. ;)

In case you missed it, Carnival is now selling bottled water by the case of 24 onboard the ships. I think the difference in price would be justified, to avoid having to lug the water around during embarkation. We have always taken our own bottled water to have in the room, but I think we'll try theirs next time. Note: If drinking out of the glasses provided in your room bothers you, take your own plastic tumblers to use. They hardly take up any space in your suitcase, because you can stack them together and put something inside them. ;)

I don't mind strapping a case of Dasani (4.99 to 3.99 per case) onto my suitcase instead of paying $21.50. When we have been able to stop and get bottled water I have purchased a bottle on the ship until I could get to a store at the next port. I know the ship water is fine according to my DH and other posters but I have proved to the DH I can tell the difference in taste even with water.;)

I usually buy the case so it is just sitting there in my room ready to be used :) I like to have them so I can bring a couple onshore and to use with my boost drinks. Plus, for me the extra cost is worth me being able to lighten the load I carry on.

I don't mind strapping a case of Dasani (4.99 to 3.99 per case) onto my suitcase instead of paying $21.50. When we have been able to stop and get bottled water I have purchased a bottle on the ship until I could get to a store at the next port. I know the ship water is fine according to my DH and other posters but I have proved to the DH I can tell the difference in taste even with water.;)

when you say suitcase, you are referring to your carryon luggage only right?

Thank you. NCL charges so I assumed Carnival does. For once I have OBC for this cruise in November (thank you cruise critic) so won't bother but good to know for future.

......and it's been hit or miss if corkage is charged in the MDR.

The accepted workaround is pouring in your cabin and bringing the glass into the MDR with you.