Question about RC Shore Excursions

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas in Dec and will b stopping in Cozumel as one of the stops - I have been researching and wondering if anyone has done the Chankanaab park on their own without doing the cruise line excursion - was it reliable, how did you get there and did you get tickets on line or when you got into port? Thanks

Barb and Ben March

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas in Dec and will b stopping in Cozumel as one of the stops - I have been researching and wondering if anyone has done the Chankanaab park on their own without doing the cruise line excursion - was it reliable, how did you get there and did you get tickets on line or when you got into port? Thanks

Barb and Ben March

It is a $20 cab ride to the park, and a $21 entrance fee to fee to get in. There are $2 discount coupons on-line you can use. No reason to pay the $69+ Fee to get there and back. Two can do the trip for less than $60. Cabs are easy to get both ways, just remember which pier you are docked at. Anything else you may want can be purchased/rented at the park.

Barb and Ben March

Although the link below is a Navigator review, I have a full day review with photos specifically of Chankanaab from posts #102 - #107... hope this helps you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556&page=6

Valiamo and 39august are 100% correct... so very easy to do this on your own

Have a great cruise!! :D