Category guarantee with 2 rooms

klass2

Has anybody had any luck booking 2 rooms with a category guarantee and linking the bookings together and getting rooms somewhat near each other?

We have booked a category guarantee in the past and were pleased with the results but only had 1 room to book.

We were thinking of booking 2 rooms for our family. It would be ideal if the rooms were somewhat close together. But we could figure it out/deal with it if they weren't.

Just wondering if RCCL takes linked bookings into account when assigning a rooms with a guarantee.

Thanks in advance.

I realize that we are probable the exception but we did guarantees on the Monarch for a B2B2B. For each cruise we had 2 cabins. I had put a 24 hr courtesy hold on them and was able to request adjoining rooms on line. When I called to confirm I was told that this would not work with the guarantee but she said they would try. Within a day we had cabins for all 3 cruises that were either side by side or across the hall. Not the best cabins as they were all the. Way forward but they were together.

Last year on the Liberty in did the guarantee again with 2 cabins and they were assigned the same category and the same deck but about 10 cabins apart. I was able to find 2 cabins side by side on a different deck and had no problem in switching.

As I said we were lucky but we were also prepared to split our group as the savings were substantial.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

There is a thread on here somewhere today and the poster had them note in the booking that they would like to be together.

They ended up with 1 cabin all the way forward and the other all the way aft. I believe one was starboard and the other on the port side.

Thank you for the info.

It could be hit or miss.

But as in other cases, the substantial savings may make it worth the luck of the draw... :o

If you end up with cabins far apart and there are cabins available in the same category they have been know to let you switch cabins

If you end up with cabins far apart and there are cabins available in the same category they have been know to let you switch cabins

Yes - generally if there are cabins remaining in the same category, they will allow a switch with no problem, ( in the US). We often book guarantees, and did so for the past 3 cruises. I booked and paid or a cruise yesterday, got the cabin assignment this morning and changed it to a location that I preferred this afternoon. HOWEVER, in a few situations, there were none showing after the assignment so I had to keep what was assigned. Not a problem for us, but it could be if one had specific location needs. Please be aware that even the same category cabin can be found on different floors.

Good luck

M