Another Crab Shack Question

ready2cruzagain

At the Crab Shack if dh and I were to order the same item, say we both ordered the King Crab Legs with shrimp, would they serve it in one bowl for us to share or would they serve in two bowls.

I am sure they would serve in two bowls if we ordered 2 different menu items but not sure if we ordered the same thing.

At the Crab Shack if dh and I were to order the same item, say we both ordered the King Crab Legs with shrimp, would they serve it in one bowl for us to share or would they serve in two bowls.

I am sure they would serve in two bowls if we ordered 2 different menu items but not sure if we ordered the same thing.

We ate at the Crab Shack twice on our late September cruise on the Grand Princess. Both times both my wife and I ordered the King Crab. Both times we each got a bowl. It was more than we could eat. An appetizer and soup were automatically included with the meal.

We ate at the Crab Shack twice on our late September cruise on the Grand Princess. Both times both my wife and I ordered the King Crab. Both times we each got a bowl. It was more than we could eat. An appetizer and soup were automatically included with the meal.

I've read that on some ships they do not split the crab leg, but on the Grand they do. What was your experience? I want to try it next week on our cruise but my husband doesn't like to have to "work" at eating crab.

There was somewhat a bit of confusion when we ordered. They thought we wanted two bowls so that's what we got. They said normally, if we ordered the same item we would get one bowl. You get more in one bowl than a defensive tackle could eat. The appetizers are fantastic and the desserts are out of this world so don't stuff yourself till you've seen the desserts.

I would love to eat here .. problem is hubby hates any seafood that is not coated in batter or comes with a pic of the old captain. So can he grab something from the buffet and eat with me????? Or is it completely separate from the buffet like a regular restaurant ????

I would love to eat here .. problem is hubby hates any seafood that is not coated in batter or comes with a pic of the old captain. So can he grab something from the buffet and eat with me????? Or is it completely separate from the buffet like a regular restaurant ????

It is completely separate and I feel sure they would frown on bringing in other foods.

Mike:)

It is completely separate and I feel sure they would frown on bringing in other foods.

Yeah that is what I thought ... drat ... well I think I am going to go on my own and enjoy every moment ....years ago I never would have,but now I am happy to do things on my own if it is something he does not want to do.

I'm not a big fan of crab (I know, :::shudder:::) either. But the appetizer was killer. It was tempura battered prawns, with hush puppies. They were wonderful. If I go again with my crab loving sister, I'll see if I can order the tempura for my main dish, cause it was fab.

M.

There was somewhat a bit of confusion when we ordered. They thought we wanted two bowls so that's what we got. They said normally, if we ordered the same item we would get one bowl. You get more in one bowl than a defensive tackle could eat. The appetizers are fantastic and the desserts are out of this world so don't stuff yourself till you've seen the desserts.
\\

This is good to know since the pictures do not show a lot of crab in the buckets.

Sue

Two weeks ago it was served in two separate bowls two different times when we dined at the Crab Shack onboard the Ruby.

And it was a lot of food.

We had the same experience on the Ruby and both DH and I agreed that there were about a dozen too many shrimp (and we love shrimp!) in each portion. We hate 'wasting' food but there was not way either of us could finish our bowl.

I'm not a big fan of crab (I know, :::shudder:::) either. But the appetizer was killer. It was tempura battered prawns, with hush puppies. They were wonderful. If I go again with my crab loving sister, I'll see if I can order the tempura for my main dish, cause it was fab.

M.

I agree with you about the appetizer. I should have order more!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just ate at crab shack an hour ago onboard Emerald Princess, sorry for typing fast, but paying by the minute. One bowl for 2 people, but they will do any custom blend, service was glacially slow, even though they were not at all busy when we arrived with no reservation at 8 pm, it took right at 1 hour to get main course on table. Food was well prepared, served by buffet staff though, so not as fancy or as professional as the MDR.

How do you know which ships have the Crab Shack?

Sent using the Cruis

Go to Princess.com and check On-Board Experiences-Dining-Click on the right-hand side for Dining Venues, it's a PDF file which you scroll through. It's quite comprehensive. Have just checked the Princess website, and edited my post for clarity. I can do it, but not a confident teacher. HTH

Crochetcruise

Edited by crochetcruise

Go to Princess.com and check On-Board Experiences-Dining. This should give you (relying on my memory) a listing of what dining venues there are, and on which ships. HTH.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Found it, thanks you, was rather hard to find. I didn't know there was a 20 dollar surcharge.

To answer some questions:

Crab Shack

Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Star Princess.

^Full list.

Sent using the Cruis