The Best Thing About Cruising Is

Spincognito

Just off Valor last week, our 10th cruise (all Carnival). Per usual, DW and I had an absolute blast! It is difficult to imagine taking any other land-based vacation because we enjoy the cruise experience so very much. There are many reasons including value, food, comedy, piano bar, all the islands, SUN and beaches.

But the best thing about cruising for us is- The People!

We have met so many people from all over the country (and world) and have friends everywhere now. We are social folks anyway so stick us on a ship with 2500 friendly (mostly!) people and we find it difficult to find time to sleep! :o

So, what is "The Best Thing About Cruising" for you?

Just off Valor last week, our 10th cruise (all Carnival). Per usual, DW and I had an absolute blast! It is difficult to imagine taking any other land-based vacation because we enjoy the cruise experience so very much. There are many reasons including value, food, comedy, piano bar, all the islands, SUN and beaches.

But the best thing about cruising for us is- The People!

We have met so many people from all over the country (and world) and have friends everywhere now. We are social folks anyway so stick us on a ship with 2500 friendly (mostly!) people and we find it difficult to find time to sleep! :o

Enjoying the differences between the cruiselines!

In February the wife and I will be taking our 20th cruise (all with Carnival). We just love it. I think for me I like the fact that is so relaxing, yet so many things to do. We also like meeting new friends that share our passion for cruising. I like introducing our friends to the world of cruising and getting them hooked like us too.

Not cooking...and not having tow argue about where we are going to eat...so simple!

LOL! Maybe it's a "mom thing", but I totally agree. My favorite thing is not only not having to cook/shop/plan meals, but just the variety of food available 24/7. We love going to land-based trips to Hawaii, but even picking restaurants can get stressful at times. Everybody wants something different or we arrive somewhere and there is a super long wait, etc. Then having to budget for different restaurants for the entire trip, etc. I love how mealtime is SO easy and stress-free on cruises! :D

Not having to drive anywhere

Not having to unpack at all the different ports

Knowing that you can do everything or do nothing is very liberating

Not worrying that you have to pay if you order an entree and really don't like it that much.

The Ocean

The fantastic staff and people onboard ships

and so much more

There are so many great things to love about cruising but if I had to pick one, it would be being on the water.

Something about the sea calms my nerves and feeds my soul! :)

It calms my soul and nerves also except in a force 10 in the North Sea which I've experienced a few times on a cruise ship :-0

Not having to be in the kitchen and being surrounded by water..my sister and bil were so bummed after returning from a cruise to the frigid NE....the first night he told her....honey I'm going up to the buffet for dinner....their house is one story!...I find that the hardest thing to have to acclimate to....love that no fuss just get up and go to eat...

Having my hotel and transport in one. I go to sleep in one place, wake up in another, go explore it, go to sleep, wake up somewhere else, go explore, etc. I never have to worry about trains, planes, automobiles and other logistics, and those logistics never rob time from my visits to places.

Being rocked to sleep every night.

Someone else cleans my "house", makes my bed, fixes my meals.

Meeting terrific people.