Is Lobster Back on Board???

funat55

Just got on the internet and there was my Lattitudes Rewards Magazine and under "Cuisine Scene" was a beautiful picture of steak and lobster and the following description:

COMPLIMENTARY DINING OPTIONS

SURF & TURF – MAIN DINING ROOM

"There’s no better place to have surf with your turf than aboard a ship. After all what goes better with lobster than an ocean view? Maybe a succulent strip loin cooked to order at the perfect temperature. "

Is lobster making a come back???

I see that too! It's weird that they have it under the "steak all ways" section - like it is hidden. I hope this is true because I think it's a huge disappointment for NCL not to have lobster, especially when RCCL and CCL have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I read the Latitudes magazine I couldn't believe that I saw that "surf and turf" feature, which included a lobster tail.

Looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at NCL.

I guess the magazine isn't reviewed by anyone with actual knowledge of NCL's onboard operations before it's released.

When I read the Latitudes magazine I couldn't believe that I saw that "surf and turf" feature, which included a lobster tail.

I guess the magazine isn't reviewed by anyone with actual knowledge of NCL's onboard operations before it's released.

You are correct. Yet, you know someone is going to print it out and take it to NCL on their cruise.....then claim 'false advertisement'.

Harriet

I thought that you could still get surf and turf at Cagney's.

You are correct. Yet, you know someone is going to print it out and take it to NCL on their cruise.....then claim 'false advertisement'.

Harriet

I agree with you Harriet, but to print a glossy picture accompanied by a full description is just a tad misleading to me if its not true. After all, the lobster has been gone for quite a while so the editors have had plenty of time to "proof read" their ad. I hope our cruisers will report back on any recent changes to the lobster policy lol. I'm not holding my breath.

When I was on the Jade last month, at Cagney's we ordered a lobster tail and a steak and shared it. It was our own version of surf & turf. But I didn't see lobster offered anywhere except the lobster with pasta on the buffet one night.

When I was on the Jade last month, at Cagney's we ordered a lobster tail and a steak and shared it. It was our own version of surf & turf. But I didn't see lobster offered anywhere except the lobster with pasta on the buffet one night.

You can also get a true lobster tail at Teppanyaki. However, it's gone from Le Bistro as they have changed it to cut up lobster in a butter/cream sauce. Not worth the extra $10 by any stretch of the imagination. It was barely enough meat for an appetizer, much less an entree.

The article said it was available in the main dining room, which it is not, and has not been for some time:

Here are some guest favorites to try next time you’re on board:

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/Portals/1/MAIN_IMAGES/CUISINE%20SCENE/cuisineScene_steak_surfAndTurf.jpg

There’s no better place to have surf with your turf than aboard a ship. After all what goes better with lobster than an ocean view? Maybe a succulent strip loin cooked to order at the perfect temperature.

Edited by njhorseman

The article said it was available in the main dining room, which it is not, and has not been for some time:

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/Portals/1/MAIN_IMAGES/CUISINE%20SCENE/cuisineScene_steak_surfAndTurf.jpg

There’s no better place to have surf with your turf than aboard a ship. After all what goes better with lobster than an ocean view? Maybe a succulent strip loin cooked to order at the perfect temperature.

Yes, this article is what caught my attention and made me wonder if they had resumed serving lobster. If not, why advertise it???

You can also get a true lobster tail at Teppanyaki. However, it's gone from Le Bistro as they have changed it to cut up lobster in a butter/cream sauce. Not worth the extra $10 by any stretch of the imagination. It was barely enough meat for an appetizer, much less an entree.

I wish you would have posted this prior to our cruise on the Jewel 2 weeks ago! :)

I made the mistake of ordering the lobster and scallops in cream sauce (with the additional $10 charge on top of the normal $20 charge) and you are exactly right, small pieces of lobster on a large pastry. The scallops were good tho! They did have lobster tail on the menu but the waiter talked me out of it saying that it was a small rock lobster tail. IN the future I'll stick to the fillet in Le Bistro, never been disappointed with that.

I wish you would have posted this prior to our cruise on the Jewel 2 weeks ago! :)

I made the mistake of ordering the lobster and scallops in cream sauce (with the additional $10 charge on top of the normal $20 charge) and you are exactly right, small pieces of lobster on a large pastry. The scallops were good tho! They did have lobster tail on the menu but the waiter talked me out of it saying that it was a small rock lobster tail. IN the future I'll stick to the fillet in Le Bistro, never been disappointed with that.

I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

You are making me hungry.:)

That's a good looking surf n turf. Oh well, as they print on the Sea Monkey packaging "illustrations are fanciful"