Is Lobster Back on Board???

funat55

You are correct. Yet, you know someone is going to print it out and take it to NCL on their cruise.....then claim 'false advertisement'.

Harriet

Would it also false advertising that you don't see any overly large passengers or sloppy dressed passengers in their brochures? I guess someone could claim "false advertising" on that as well. Edited by NLH Arizona

For an additional charge...the specialty restaurant's cover charge of $25 pp in Teppanyaki or $30 pp in Cagney's. You won't get it anywhere, anytime at no additional charge.
The poster ask where lobster was served and on what nights, I simply answered the question. Maybe it is just me, but if lobster is a must have for me to enjoy my cruise, then I'd be willing to go where it is served whether I have to pay additional or not. Edited by NLH Arizona

Maybe it is just me, but if I really had to have lobster, then I'd be willing to go where it is served whether I have to pay additional or not.

So, it's OK for NCL's promotional material to say it's available in the MDR (at no extra charge) but when you get on board you find out it will cost $25 or 30 additional...and you'll gladly pay for it?

So, it's OK for NCL's promotional material to say it's available in the MDR (at no extra charge) but when you get on board you find out it will cost $25 or 30 additional...and you'll gladly pay for it?
Since having lobster wouldn't make or break my vacation and not having it would not ruin my cruise (if I want lobster, I can certainly order it at one of my local restaurants), I would chalk it up to their newsletter was designed prior to their decision to stop serving it in the MDR. And since I've read on here that they no longer serve lobster tail in the MDR, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise to me. But that is just me, I'm sure others feel differently and I'm sure there will be some that will copy the newsletter and take it to guest relations demanding their lobster tail or tails in the MDR. Edited by NLH Arizona

Since having lobster wouldn't make or break my vacation and not having it would not ruin my cruise (if I want lobster, I can certainly order it at one of my local restaurants), I would chalk it up to their newsletter was designed prior to their decision to stop serving it in the MDR. And since I've read on here that they no longer serve lobster tail in the MDR, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise to me. But that is just me, I'm sure others feel differently.

Lobster has been gone from the MDR for several months. This is a web-based publication, not a printed magazine that needs a long lead time for publication...heck, even those can be changed within a week of printing if it's important enough. A web based publication can be modified in almost no time.

I chalk it up to incompetence, absence of review by a knowledgeable authority, and the people who are responsible for the magazine not having the slightest idea about what is actually being done on board the ships.

PS: I could care less whether they serve their version of lobster. On lobster night in the MDR we ate elsewhere. The stuff they served was generally overcooked garbage. But...some people may like it and they're entitled to expect to get what the cruise line is promoting.

Edited by njhorseman

Lobster has been gone from the MDR for several months. This is a web-based publication, not a printed magazine that needs a long lead time for publication...heck, even those can be changed within a week of printing if it's important enough. A web based publication can be modified in almost no time.

I chalk it up to incompetence, absence of review by a knowledgeable authority, and the people who are responsible for the magazine not having the slightest idea about what is actually being done on board the ships.

I have to agree with you ...this is not good...NCL has really dropped the ball here...AND..then this will be compounded by many posts here and phones to NCL..with hundreds of reps giving out just more incorrect information.

For years I have been saying (here on CC)..information/communication is important to consumers...and NCL has a real problem with that.

WAKE UP NCL....you are a multi million dollar business....with consumers who expect factual information about what you sell...

[ATTACH]331252[/ATTACH]

This is what they show is offered in the MDR tsk tsk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You mean it's all a big mistake, a printing error, they're not bringing it back??????????? Whaaaaaaaaa . (my attempt at humor)

You can also get a true lobster tail at Teppanyaki. However, it's gone from Le Bistro as they have changed it to cut up lobster in a butter/cream sauce. Not worth the extra $10 by any stretch of the imagination. It was barely enough meat for an appetizer, much less an entree.

I'm glad you said it! We just off the Gem last week. We went to Le Bistro and ordered the lobster. It was awful! It was insulting to ask to pay the extra $10 and serve that meal! For a $10. sur charge I'd expect to see a nice, great tasting lobster tail.

We did tell them and they took off the $20/2 of us. The meal wasn't even acceptable for the MDR. If they can't do it right, don't do it at all.

Would it also false advertising that you don't see any overly large passengers or sloppy dressed passengers in their brochures? I guess someone could claim "false advertising" on that as well.

So, personally appearance of fellow passengers is offensive to you?? Overly thin & extremely dressed people only cruise?? :confused:

So, personally appearance of fellow passengers is offensive to you?? Overly thin & extremely dressed people only cruise?? :confused:
Where did I say that personal appearances of fellow passengers are offensive? And no not at all, actually, I'm not a size 6 so I wouldn't make the brochure either. Just saying that what you see in their brochures is not always what you see on the ship; if it were, all we would see is passengers thinner than most of us and bettered dressed than some, especially me, who wears t-shirts and shorts during the day. Sorry if your wrong assumption of what I meant offended you.

BTW, I guess if you look at most cruise brochures, you could surmise that cruise lines feel that it is only thin, well dressed people that cruise, otherwise they would take pictures of their passengers and put them in their brochures.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Would it also false advertising that you don't see any overly large passengers or sloppy dressed passengers in their brochures? I guess someone could claim "false advertising" on that as well.

But they didn't just 'show' a photo of a lobster tail. They actually SAID you can get steak and lobster in the MDR - along with a picture of it. That kinda is false advertising.

As far as your scenario above....They never said one would look like that if they cruised! (If they did I'd choose the thin tall women instead of the short heavy one I am! LOL)

Harriet

[ATTACH]331252[/ATTACH]

This is what they show is offered in the MDR tsk tsk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, in addition underneath the photo it says,

"There’s no better place to have surf with your turf than aboard a ship. After all what goes better with lobster than an ocean view? Maybe a succulent strip loin cooked to order at the perfect temperature."

The fact that it advertises it in the MDR could really be a problem for them.

After all......they're not showing a photo of a piece of flounder and advertising that in the MDR to entice people. LOL

Harriet

Yep, in addition underneath the photo it says,

"There’s no better place to have surf with your turf than aboard a ship. After all what goes better with lobster than an ocean view? Maybe a succulent strip loin cooked to order at the perfect temperature."

The fact that it advertises it in the MDR could really be a problem for them.

After all......they're not showing a photo of a piece of flounder and advertising that in the MDR to entice people. LOL

Harriet

Harriet is correct. I also went back and took a look at the Spring 2014 edition of the online magazine and although it shows the same (stock) steak and lobster picture, there was no outright claim that is was being served in the main dining room. I know that NCL reads these boards and that lobster has been a touchy subject, so I naturally had to ask whether they were indeed bringing it back to the MDR. Otherwise, shame on them for such a gross error. I call out to NCL which one is it:

A. WE MADE A BIG MISTAKE WHEN WE PRINTED THAT EDITION. THERE IS NO STEAK AND LOBSTER IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM: or

B. WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING BACK LOBSTER TO THE MAIN DINING ROOM.

That could be a big shrimp instead of lobster tail. The Surf part of Surf & Turf does not have to be lobster.

Yep, and that's a cherry tomato and 2oz sirloin steak. Surf & Turf my arse. :rolleyes:"No dessert for me, thanks. I'm stuffed!" ;)

I should be a food stylist. I could fool almost all of the people most of the time. :eek::cool:

I cruised on the Jewel in February 2014 and May 2014 and they had lobster advertised as surf and turf both cruises in the mdr.

I read reviews from people who were on the same cruise I was on that said they had no lobster on the menu. They didn't know that surf and turf was lobster.

And my lobsters, I had 2 each time, were actually pretty good.