What will Island Princess look like after May 2015?

m134

Anyone looking for a view of the new Island Princess after the May 2015 drydock there is a new U-tube video showing a great view of the new cabins that were added. Search "Island Princess departs Venice 7/10/2015".

Anyone looking for a view of the new Island Princess after the May 2015 drydock there is a new U-tube video showing a great view of the new cabins that were added. Search "Island Princess departs Venice 7/10/2015".

Good link, thanks!

Also there is another Youtube of a young man with a GoPro video tour of the Island, cute!

Good link, thanks!

Also there is another Youtube of a young man with a GoPro video tour of the Island, cute!

Those prone to motion sickness might want to knock back a couple of ginger ales before tackling this one.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Searching YouTube for that didn't locate it but did find it by using the international date format...10/7/2015.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We too were disappointed when we found out that the new fitness area no longer had a view of the ocean. Once on board we quickly discovered that we didn't mind at all. The best part is that it is out of the way so only people who want to work out go to the area. No casual people stopping by, sitting on equipment, getting in your way, not following gym etiquette, and not working out. It turned out great for people who go there to actually work out.

The other thing was we also remembered the gym in the bowels of the old Crown - low ceiling, smell of burnt rubber - well this new area is bright, clean and spacious.

That link was posted on the main board a while back. I still want to see some close up pictures. Can't believe there haven't been much talk about the new cabins.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but on Promenade Deck alone there are an additional 8 Handicapped cabins that have been added so that those who must cruise in a wheelchair have the opportunity to do so onboard a Princess ship.

For many years the handicapped have been overlooked in the cruising world and for those who have no choice but to cruise with a wheelchair or a walker the Island has opened up an opportunity for them to spend some of their dollars cruising the world like everyone else.

I think; it's about time that those who wheel through life become included in life and society!

Thank you Princess for trying to think, plan and please everyone!!!

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but on Promenade Deck alone there are an additional 8 Handicapped cabins that have been added so that those who must cruise in a wheelchair have the opportunity to do so onboard a Princess ship.

For many years the handicapped have been overlooked in the cruising world and for those who have no choice but to cruise with a wheelchair or a walker the Island has opened up an opportunity for them to spend some of their dollars cruising the world like everyone else.

I think; it's about time that those who wheel through life become included in life and society!

Carnival Corporation had to pay $400,000 for alleged ADA violations & will be making changes so hopefully things will improve in the future.

http://usat.ly/1RUQFa8

Edited by Astro Flyer

Interesting. So the changes aren't exactly from the kindness of their hearts. ;)

Since 1975 it's been a battle for the ADA to struggle with laws and regulations in all aspects of our society. Look at the changes in the curbs around our city sidewalks; the availability of the Service Dog into the public sector as well as the accomodations in our public restrooms, offices, hotels, airlines, train stations and now the cruising industry. It's about time. And, if it takes a slap in their pocket book to accomplish that goal then so be it!

I don't want to see the general public being affected in a negative way by all the positive changes to the ADA from the Department of Justice, but sometimes it does happen and I hope that you will be open minded and patient with it all!

For those who were interested in pics of Island Princess look on Facebook - search "Cruising Princess Cruise Lines with Vickie" Scroll down to about 15 pictures showing outside and inside views.

Syntax needs to be "Cruising Princess Cruiseline with Vickie"

Barry

• 4 weeks later...
There are several great ones here--thanks again Dave--I loved following you on the Royal build--and I swear I saw one with the decks marked. Now it eludes me. URL HINT?

Several months ago I read a post from Dave that he is taking an indefinite break from CC so you'll have to search for that URL. I've bookmarked a few of his posts such as his photos but don't recall saving the marked deck photos.

I wondered about those 8 cabins. They are larger but there is no indication on the website that they are accessible cabins.

Several months ago I read a post from Dave that he is taking an indefinite break from CC so you'll have to search for that URL. I've bookmarked a few of his posts such as his photos but don't recall saving the marked deck photos.

Is this the photo you're thinking of?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46635673&postcount=578

Go to the Princess link, http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=IP , then hover your cursor over the cabin. It shows a picture of a wheelchair.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work when viewing cabins on an iPad. If you do a trial booking and use the "I'll choose my own" option and then select "I require a wheelchair-accessible stateroom," they are shown as options. Edited by IECalCruiser

For those who were interested in pics of Island Princess look on Facebook - search "Cruising Princess Cruise Lines with Vickie" Scroll down to about 15 pictures showing outside and inside views.

Thanks for the link great pictures of the Princess ships.

Have a great day all.

Sorry about the image size....

17931184723_7ddaa68270_o.jpg

17931184743_106568a4d4_h.jpg

17931184673_0d785f0c12_o.jpg

17931184783_b3fcf2f4a7_o.jpg

(Credit all images to Giwrgos Mertis)

Sorry but I think this refit looks pretty horrific. Absolutely no consideration to aesthetics. The ship now looks like a car ferry on the aft end. Perhaps the worst refit on a modern ship I've seen in a very long time. Makes the tacked on balconies on the Fantasy Class ships look appealing in comparison.

Another botched refit job thanks to Carnival Shipbuilding and a once appealing ship now far less appealing. I haven't even touched on the reduction of public space now turned over to revenue producing cabins. Sad.

Sorry but I think this refit looks pretty horrific. Absolutely no consideration to aesthetics. The ship now looks like a car ferry on the aft end. Perhaps the worst refit on a modern ship I've seen in a very long time. Makes the tacked on balconies on the Fantasy Class ships look appealing in comparison.

Another botched refit job thanks to Carnival Shipbuilding and a once appealing ship now far less appealing. I haven't even touched on the reduction of public space now turned over to revenue producing cabins. Sad.

+ 1 --> Time's 20

Srpilo