Blu on Reflection and Suite Dining Room

Wine-O

I know there have been issues with Blu on Reflection with all the Aqua Class Suites and those in regular suites dining in Blu.

With the creation of the new Suite Dining Room and the conversion of all the AQ Suites to S1's (I believe that's still the case), this should alleviate the overcrowding in Blu if suites now have their own dining room.

Question came up from the Maitre'D in Blu on Silhouette that now Blu will only be available to Aqua Class passengers. Does anybody know if this is going to be the case, because I know a lot of Suite pax who love to dine in Blu.

This will also influence the amount of tips the wait staff gets with the loss of the suite customers.

I know there have been issues with Blu on Reflection with all the Aqua Class Suites and those in regular suites dining in Blu.

With the creation of the new Suite Dining Room and the conversion of all the AQ Suites to S1's (I believe that's still the case), this should alleviate the overcrowding in Blu if suites now have their own dining room.

Question came up from the Maitre'D in Blu on Silhouette that now Blu will only be available to Aqua Class passengers. Does anybody know if this is going to be the case, because I know a lot of Suite pax who love to dine in Blu.

This will also influence the amount of tips the wait staff gets with the loss of the suite customers.

As of right now it is still in the various Celebrity docs and web site that the suites will be allowed to eat in Blu. How long that lasts is anyone's guess but if the Suite Restaurant works well, I would think suite passengers eating in Blu would be much less through attrition. Also, I can possible see the perk being changed after all the sailings of those are done who booked as Aqua Suites prior to them being changed to Sky Suites.

Edited by dkjretired

Mike, as you know Celebrity can always change their policy. This is the statement in the suite FAQ section on the Celebrity website which clearly answers the question.

"Will “Suite Class” guests still have the option of dining in Blu on a space-available basis?

Beginning April 2015 all Suite Class guests will have access to a new restaurant - reserved exclusively for Suite Class guests morning, noon and night. Access to Blu will continue to be available on a space available basis to all Suite Class guests."

With the new suite dining I cannot believe that this would be much of an issue even on the Reflection. Last November on the Reflection I was in a suite and never had an issue dining in Blu although I had to wait once.

Of course since the Maitre'D in Blu on Silhouette is saying the opposite it does make one wonder, but perhaps he is only asking and not really sure.

Edited by jagoffee

We just got off the Reflection this past Saturday. We were in an Aqua Suite and usually dined around seven PM. From 730 on there were plenty of empty tables so I would guess there would

be no problem for suite guests dining in BLU. Each cruise is probably different

We are booked on the Summit May 3 2015 in Aqua class and would like to change to a suite but this new suite dining room which is scheduled to open in April seems to be a top secret to Celebrity. I went to the future cruise desk to inquire and not one of the three people working were sure that the suite dining room would be open by then. They could book me a suite but not guarantee me the new dining and added perks in suites. WHAT? Pay now and maybe you will get what you thought you were paying for.

Makes me wonder if Celebrity head office know yet, we were promised lots on the launch at the beginning of the year, but no more information has been released to date.

When will renderings of the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

We anticipate May 2014.

When will sample menus for the new Suite Class exclusive restaurant be available?

Our new Suite Class exclusive restaurant’s offerings will be quite exciting and enticing. We anticipate having sample menus available by Fall 2014.

We have booked a cruise next May in a suite, on the strength of the new 'suite class' deal. Won't be very happy if it is not as described!

Hi WINE-O,

If you have not seen it already you should take a look at / read thru the RCCL / Celebrity FAQs Announcement on Celebrity Suite Class... Answers to a lot of what is planned

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Cheers!

Yes, I read that 6 months ago. I'm just reporting what I heard 2 days ago. :rolleyes:

Yes, I read that 6 months ago. I'm just reporting what I heard 2 days ago. :rolleyes:

I hope the Maitre'd is wrong....on our next cruise one of our party is in a suite, the other in AQ and we were told the suite party will be able to eat in Blu with the other party...even though the suite dining room will be open by then.

Certainly hope that remains the case since we want to be able to dine together.

Mike, as you know Celebrity can always change their policy. This is the statement in the suite FAQ section on the Celebrity website which clearly answers the question.

"Will “Suite Class” guests still have the option of dining in Blu on a space-available basis?

Beginning April 2015 all Suite Class guests will have access to a new restaurant - reserved exclusively for Suite Class guests morning, noon and night. Access to Blu will continue to be available on a space available basis to all Suite Class guests."

With the new suite dining I cannot believe that this would be much of an issue even on the Reflection. Last November on the Reflection I was in a suite and never had an issue dining in Blu although I had to wait once.

Of course since the Maitre'D in Blu on Silhouette is saying the opposite it does make one wonder, but perhaps he is only asking and not really sure.

The operative words are "on a space available basis". On the Reflection TA this past October I can assure you there was "no" space available. We were in Aqua on that cruise and every evening there was at least a 20 minute wait. I would have donated a kidney to be allowed to eat in the MDR. It was quite a different experience from eating in Blu on the Solstice one month earlier - and not for the better. :rolleyes:

Edited by FengShui@Sea

I hope the Maitre'd is wrong....on our next cruise one of our party is in a suite, the other in AQ and we were told the suite party will be able to eat in Blu with the other party...even though the suite dining room will be open by then.

Certainly hope that remains the case since we want to be able to dine together.

Actually, I misspoke. We travel on TA's with someone who stays in Royal Suites. It was that Suite pax who learned from the Michael's Club concierge a couple days before disembarkation that Suite Pax will not be allowed to dine in Blu once the Suite dining room was built out. It was a discussion between the Suite pax and the maitre'd, who could not confirm. The maitre'd was concerned that if this would be the policy, it would affect the additional tips suite pax would bring for the wait staff.

Actually, I misspoke. We travel on TA's with someone who stays in Royal Suites. It was that Suite pax who learned from the Michael's Club concierge a couple days before disembarkation that Suite Pax will not be allowed to dine in Blu once the Suite dining room was built out. It was a discussion between the Suite pax and the maitre'd, who could not confirm. The maitre'd was concerned that if this would be the policy, it would affect the additional tips suite pax would bring for the wait staff.

Either way he is probably right to be concerned. Unless the suite dining is a complete failure he is going to see a significant drop in suite passengers in Blu.

I was really concerned about Blue on the Reflection for our upcoming cruise in May. I've heard it is very crowded and not a great experience due to the extra AQ and suite cabins. We were going to cancel out of AQ but decided to stick with it since there will be a new place for the suite guests to eat. Hopefully this will reduce the demand on Blu.

I'm not sure why the tips would change though it suite guests don't eat there. My guess is they will move around the wait staff as necessary. Maybe some suite guest leave an extra gratuity.

I'm not sure why the tips would change though it suite guests don't eat there. My guess is they will move around the wait staff as necessary. Maybe some suite guest leave an extra gratuity.

If suite guests eat all their meals in Blu instead of the MDR, the automatic tips are transferred to the Blu servers/maitre'd. Has nothing to do with them leaving extra gratuity.

If suite guests eat all their meals in Blu instead of the MDR, the automatic tips are transferred to the Blu servers/maitre'd. Has nothing to do with them leaving extra gratuity.

Why would the servers care either way? Don't they pretty much get paid the same regardless?

Why would the servers care either way? Don't they pretty much get paid the same regardless?

Well I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that the one time we were in a suite and ate in Blu we certainly tipped extra, I would think there are other suite guests that have done the same...and at the very least THOSE monies would no longer be there if suite guests aren't allowed to dine in Blu...

They get paid by the number of people they serve. Same for the stateroom attendants. If they have empty staterooms, they don't get any tips. Sounds logical to me. :D

When these mutual friends booked their B2B for the 2016 fall Reflection TA, they were given literature outlining their suite dining options. Dining in Blu was not an option after April 4, 2015. As unfortunate as this is for us and them, it is the right decision. Blu should be for Aqua Class passengers only.

SDT

The conversion will eliminate the hump cabins. On other s class currently this is not an issue. Once these Reflection cabins become Suite cabins it will be the same as other SClass ships.

As the official Celebrity issued Suite Perks FAQ specifically states Suite Guests will continue to have access to BLU on an available basis, and at no cover charge, I'd assume that is the official policy. And that people are booking suites now into 2017, with this as policy, I don't see that changing until 2017-2018 earliest.

A change in that policy would become an issue to those who booked suites, with others in their groups in Aqua, who had planned on dining with their Aqua guests, rather than have their aqua guests pay $50 per person per meal in the Suite Dining room.

Maitre'd talking may not be aware of that FAQ document even exists. Remember all the rumors ship side staff take up to be true that we all fall for, like Bistro on 5 was leaving, to become the Suite Dining room (false). Or that Celebrity Century was relocating to Europe to handle the smaller ports like Venice that are starting to disallow large ships in (False, Century was being sold).

Clearly the intent of Suite Perks is to give Suites unfettered access, especially the higher suites with their unlimited specialty dining, premium beverages, internet and mini bar access.

BLU will find itself less occupied by suites for sure, but I don't see Suites being denied flat out - that just doesn't meld with the new suite perks program concept.

When these mutual friends booked their B2B for the 2016 fall Reflection TA, they were given literature outlining their suite dining options. Dining in Blu was not an option after April 4, 2015. As unfortunate as this is for us and them, it is the right decision. Blu should be for Aqua Class passengers only.

SDT

BLU is certainly not an entitlement of suites, it's an "on available basis" and will continue to be, as advertised and promoted in the Official Suite Perks FAQ issued by celebrity, and still out today.

I suspect they removed the BLU language from specific suite brochures and changed it to tout instead the new suite dining room, but the SuitePerks brochure clearly says BLU is a perk, on an available basis. Suites can also sake to dine in MDR and I imagine that same brochure your friends have says nothing of that either.

In fact it's so non-ambiguous about the Suites being allowed access, they even took the time to spell out that suites would not have to pay a cover charge to use it, in addition to stipulating that Suite access would remain as it is today even after Suite Dining comes

My Aqua sailing this year, I dined in MDR every night, never even went to BLU.

Edited by cle-guy

As the official Celebrity issued Suite Perks FAQ specifically states Suite Guests will continue to have access to BLU on an available basis, and at no cover charge, I'd assume that is the official policy. And that people are booking suites now into 2017, with this as policy, I don't see that changing until 2017-2018 earliest.

A change in that policy would become an issue to those who booked suites, with others in their groups in Aqua, who had planned on dining with their Aqua guests, rather than have their aqua guests pay $50 per person per meal in the Suite Dining room.

Maitre'd talking may not be aware of that FAQ document even exists. Remember all the rumors ship side staff take up to be true that we all fall for, like Bistro on 5 was leaving, to become the Suite Dining room (false). Or that Celebrity Century was relocating to Europe to handle the smaller ports like Venice that are starting to disallow large ships in (False, Century was being sold).

Clearly the intent of Suite Perks is to give Suites unfettered access, especially the higher suites with their unlimited specialty dining, premium beverages, internet and mini bar access.

BLU will find itself less occupied by suites for sure, but I don't see Suites being denied flat out - that just doesn't meld with the new suite perks program concept.

BLU is certainly not an entitlement of suites, it's an "on available basis" and will continue to be, as advertised and promoted in the Official Suite Perks FAQ issued by celebrity, and still out today.

I suspect they removed the BLU language from specific suite brochures and changed it to tout instead the new suite dining room, but the SuitePerks brochure clearly says BLU is a perk, on an available basis. Suites can also sake to dine in MDR and I imagine that same brochure your friends have says nothing of that either.

In fact it's so non-ambiguous about the Suites being allowed access, they even took the time to spell out that suites would not have to pay a cover charge to use it, in addition to stipulating that Suite access would remain as it is today even after Suite Dining comes

My Aqua sailing this year, I dined in MDR every night, never even went to BLU.

This is all just wishful thinking on your part. You have a dog in this hunt from looking at your upcoming cruises and cabin categories. Good luck and have a wonderful time in your suite dining room!

SDT

This is all just wishful thinking on your part. You have a dog in this hunt from looking at your upcoming cruises and cabin categories. Good luck and have a wonderful time in your suite dining room!

SDT

Pretty harsh....

It's not wishful thinking since X's own press release states that suite guests will still be able to eat in Blu on a space available basis.