New Princess Sale staring Dec 3rd

MCC retired

TA's received advance notice of another Princess Sale .

Won't be able to book the sailings until Dec 3rd.

Lots of sailings all through 2015 , not just the next couple months as usual.

Will feature reduced "refundable" deposits :)

Includes the usual reduced rates, OBC and Free Specialty Dining for 2 .

See your TA for advance details or to book after sale start date .

But keep in mind that sale fares may not be your best deal. By booking at an unpublicized past-passenger rate rather than the highly touted sale fare available the same day, we saved about 25% on our cabin for our upcoming Canal cruise, even taking into account the sale's OBC.

Edited by shepp

• 2 weeks later...

I need to book the Caribbean Princess for April. Right now they have their 2 for 1 with $100 deposit. It works out to about $750 including tips for the 5 of us. The current sale ends today obviously in preemption of the 12/3 sale.

This will be our first cruise so not overly familiar with the industry. Do rates continue to drop and incentives increase or is this a good price and I should book now?

Thanks Laura.

But keep in mind that sale fares may not be your best deal. By booking at an unpublicized past-passenger rate rather than the highly touted sale fare available the same day, we saved about 25% on our cabin for our upcoming Canal cruise, even taking into account the sale's OBC.

Are the unpublicized past-passenger rates found by logging into Princess.com and doing a search?

Is there a good source for flash sales without having to contact your TA?

I need to book the Caribbean Princess for April. Right now they have their 2 for 1 with $100 deposit. It works out to about $750 including tips for the 5 of us. The current sale ends today obviously in preemption of the 12/3 sale.

This will be our first cruise so not overly familiar with the industry. Do rates continue to drop and incentives increase or is this a good price and I should book now?

Thanks Laura.

My practice is to grab it when I see it because it might not get better. I also like to have a good selection of cabins which is easier when booking earlier.

Thanks Laura.

This past August, I booked a cruise to Norway for June 2015. When Princess put the cruise on sale in September, my Princess Vacation Planner gave me the sale price, plus OBC's (on-board credits to be applied to the final bill). When I booked another Princess cruise this February, Princess gave me a discount as a previous Princess cruiser. When that cruise went on sale, my Princess Vacation planner told me that I had received a better deal as a previous Princess cruiser than the sale price offered, so no change was necessary. In both instances, however, I had already booked the cabin that I wanted, whereas if I had waited, I might not have been able to book as good a cabin.

Edited by Mackenzie1

That's very true. You really have to compare the non-sale pricing to the sale pricing. Looking at the cruise I'm interested in, the price only drops in price by$50. Not a huge savings.

If you're solo in the cabin, you are usually not eligible for sale prices since many are based on double-occupancy. :(

Solo travelers receive the sales price, too, but based on double occupancy. Since Princess does not have a solo supplement, solos would pay the sales price x 2, which would be the double occupancy amount.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Thanks Laura.

A few questions before I can tell if it is a good deal. How long is the cruise? What category cabin (s) are you booking, and how many people per cabin? Is that $750 per person, or total for all 5?

Sorry for so many questions, but can't really advise you otherwise. If it is, say, a 4-night cruise for $750 per person in an inside cabin it is not a good deal. If it is a 7-night cruise for $750 total ($150 per person), then it is a great deal!

Are the unpublicized past-passenger rates found by logging into Princess.com and doing a search?

Is there a good source for flash sales without having to contact your TA?

If you have an account set up on Princess.com that has your Captain's Circle number loaded into it, then past passenger rates will automatically show up when you log in and search. You can easily see any discount by searching again without being logged in.

I don't know much about the ins-and-outs of flash sales, so perhaps another poster can weigh in on that.

So I see this will apply to cruises I am considering, but the terms are confusing:

^ Reduced deposit of $100 per person applies to all guests in a stateroom. Deposits made under this promotion are refundable and nontransferable.

* Save up to $500 per person is based on a discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space available basis at time of booking on select sailings only. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses of up to $450 are additional and subject to change. This offer applies to new bookings only, is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public or past guest discount. Deposits made under this promotion are non-refundable and non-transferable. Offers available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

So is it refundable or not? Can't they make up their mind?

Just had a reprice of our Baltic cruise in 2015 with the new Princess sale. Saved $300 since our last reprice in September. However, during the process lost $100 onboard credit. The Rep. suggested I email Customer Relations with the details to get reinstated. I did notice on the Booking Confirmation that they changed the 3-Fer Free Promotion to Free Specialty Dinning For 2. I will see when the Princess Folks reply to my email documentation.

Just adjusted our 12/07/15 Coral Princess PC cruise to new R50 rate code (Princess 50th Anniv Sale).

Since this sailing has not been included in Princess Sales until now , we did OK.

Saved over $500 , more OBC and Dinner for 2.

Deposit is refundable (typo in fine print).

However if a future Sale offers better , a change in the Rate Code will delete

these goodies .

I like how Princess, in addition to allowing TA's to discount , allows stacking of OBC's .

My booking now has in addition to this Sale OBC , FCC , Military , Group Amenity and shortly Shareholder OBC's .