ocean princess questions

golferdog

Have done 15 Princess cruises but first time on one of the "little girls" I have heard that the beds in the balcony cabins are closer to the floor and it is hard to slide suitcases under them. If true is there ample close space for 4 suitcases? Also with no Skywalkers does Princess have space they use for the platinum/elite cocktail area? thanx

Have done 15 Princess cruises but first time on one of the "little girls" I have heard that the beds in the balcony cabins are closer to the floor and it is hard to slide suitcases under them. If true is there ample close space for 4 suitcases? Also with no Skywalkers does Princess have space they use for the platinum/elite cocktail area? thanx

Yes for suitcases under the bed.

They use whatever specialty dining room is not open that night....they switch back and forth.

Have done 15 Princess cruises but first time on one of the "little girls" I have heard that the beds in the balcony cabins are closer to the floor and it is hard to slide suitcases under them. If true is there ample close space for 4 suitcases? Also with no Skywalkers does Princess have space they use for the platinum/elite cocktail area? thanx[/quote

We did manage to get our suitcases under the bed but if you can't put your cases under the bed I'm sure you cabin stewart can store them for you. The platinum/elite cocktail event was in one of the speciality restaurants. The restaurants are open for dinner on alternate nights so which ever restaurant is not open for dinner is where the cocktail event is held.

We have sailed on the Ocean three times now (once when she was the Tahitian and a b2b last winter). Love this ship!!

Even though the Ocean is considered a "small ship," the individual rooms are generally larger than those on newer ships. We had a mini suite for our HI to FP cruise and had plenty of room, storing the suit cases under the bed and behind the drapes. Being on the Ocean reminded me of when smaller ships were the norm, more attention to detail and better service.

We only did one evening at the elite/platinum cocktail get-together because it was "cosmo" night. The bar adjacent to the main dining room had much better martinis.

Darcy

For suitcases, I lift the side of the bed and my wife pushes the bag under the bed

We are similar. First, the smaller suitcases are put inside the larger suitcases. Then I lift up the side of the bed and my wife shoves them underneath. We've never had an issue with storing our bags in the cabin on the little girls.

We are similar. First, the smaller suitcases are put inside the larger suitcases. Then I lift up the side of the bed and my wife shoves them underneath. We've never had an issue with storing our bags in the cabin on the little girls.

I should have mentioned that we also nest the small suitcases in the big ones. We take long cruises, so usually bring 4 big suitcases and two smaller, carryons. They fit under the bed.

golferdog-You may be interested in looking at the latest posts by bimmer09.

He (Norris) recently completed a cruise from Venice on the Ocean Princess.

He has many fine photos of the Ocean Princess,both interior and exterior shots.

He also has posted some interesting videos of his trip.

Ocean Princess looks like a lovely ship.

Bon Voyage!

That's what we do too. We always leave one suitcase in the closet for a dirty clothes hamper.

We always do the same, if your suitcases are too big your Steward will find somewhere for them.

I love this ship and her sister, even though the rotten things got us addicted. I hope that she doesn't sell and the DUMP her on the Aussies.

We always do the same, if your suitcases are too big your Steward will find somewhere for them.

I love this ship and her sister, even though the rotten things got us addicted. I hope that she doesn't sell and the DUMP her on the Aussies.

I assume you are one of the Aussies she would be dumped upon? I hope your wishes are answered. Would love to sail her again. We have about 250 days on the Ocean Princess, plus 44 on the Pacific and 12 on the Royal (middle one)

I assume you are one of the Aussies she would be dumped upon? I hope your wishes are answered. Would love to sail her again. We have about 250 days on the Ocean Princess, plus 44 on the Pacific and 12 on the Royal (middle one)

Sure am.

PP got us hooked then they took her away, 'll have either one back here in a flash, and they can access ports these bigger ships can't get near and when you arrive you aren't fighting 4,000 other people for service in port.

I WANT MY GIRLS BACK, and 'll chuck a hissy fit if I don't get one.

Edited by GUT2407