Princess Captains Cirrcle Platinum Benefits

Travel Hunter

If you can double dip (suite and single) then each cruise could count as 3 cruises, so 5 cruises would bring you to 15 cruises and you would be Elite on the next. 5 three day cruises would be 15 days. :)

That's a lot of money for so little perks captain!

You could get three cruise credits by sailing single in a suite on five 1-night cruises and be Elite on your 6th cruise. I'm not as concerned how others got to be Elite. We did it with a few 4- and 5-day cruises, a few 10-day ones, and a lot of 7-day ones.

I'll enjoy our perks on our two shorties on the Caribbean Princess later this month. We probably won't take advantage of the free laundry services since we're only going for 7 days total and are driving to the port. My favorite Elite perk on the first cruise will be priority tendering. It will be nice to get to Princess Cays earlier than we we used to do.

Originally Posted by maggie.1008 View Post

I will be Platinum with one more cruise. I am Elite Plus on Celebrity and really miss the perks when I sail on other lines.

Like I said RC & Celebrity are the best when it comes to perk!
The true comparison is between similar levels of the different cruise line past-passenger programs. I will miss my Princess Elite-level benefits when we sail again on HAL. But once we get to be 4* Mariners, I won't miss them as much since the benefits offered will be pretty good, just a little bit different.

We will be Princess Platinum on our next cruise but it does not really excite me very much.

On our last cruise the preferred check in line for Platinum members was actually longer than our check in line and the "free" internet did not work much of the time.

I recently booked another cruise with a different cruise line. I considered Princess but there was no way my Platinum benefits could convince me to choose Princess. The other cruise line won out on price, timing and itinerary.

perks are nice but, it seems alot of people are spending alot of time worring about which crumbs princess is trickling along the track.....and even at the highest level they don't really offer that much.....Celebrity is giving a much better package of perks for my suite...

Status and perks don't matter to me, but apparently do to some. It's a matter of priorities.

Every little bit helps. If you look at all the accumulated benefits, those not related to status, and with each status level the value on Princess adds up rapidly.

For my 20 day in January the total value of combined OMB, discounted insurance, and Internet comes to $1470 dollars. Not a trivial amount. The ability to combine OBC is quite a benefit before you even get to the frequent guest program. The non-economic benefits such as priority check in and departure lounge is just a little icing on the cake.

As far as the other line benefits, considering we drink alcohol in very light quantities (maybe a glass of wine before dinner), and those lines benefits tend to be free drink focused, Princesses program wins for us.

Edited by RDC1

Although they are not Platinum or Elite benefits, the available OBC on Princess is another plus for them.

FCC - up to $150 per person

Military - Up to $250 per veteran

Shareholder - Up to $250 per cabin

Loyalty - Up to $100 per cabin.

Add in any incentives offered by Princess or your TA and you can put a nice dent into the Onboard Account.

Also, Princess allows a TA to discount prices. We usually save 15% off the current Princess price.

I see what you are saying....but look at celebrity....and I know i will be forgetting som things....dedicated restaurant (free) for suite and their "elite" dedicated lounge (free) premimum drink program unlimited minibar refills, 2 standard size bottles of spirts, internet, i think laundry was in it too...2 nights free nights at the other specialty restaurants plus my TA got us 200.00 in OBC...know I am missing som stuff......much better than princess....even at the top of their incentive plan...while I will take a princess cruise if the itinarary is good...I would never chase the elite status....And to be honest...I like princess...MUCH better than RCCL...even though royal offers better perks too.....Guess i would rather just save longer (cruise less) for a Suite. plus i am 6'8"...I need the space...especially in the bathroom!

Although they are not Platinum or Elite benefits, the available OBC on Princess is another plus for them.

FCC - up to $150 per person

Military - Up to $250 per veteran

Shareholder - Up to $250 per cabin

Loyalty - Up to $100 per cabin.

Add in any incentives offered by Princess or your TA and you can put a nice dent into the Onboard Account.

Also, Princess allows a TA to discount prices. We usually save 15% off the current Princess price.

Edited by LabGuy64

perks are nice but, it seems alot of people are spending alot of time worring about which crumbs princess is trickling along the track.....and even at the highest level they don't really offer that much.....Celebrity is giving a much better package of perks for my suite...

Since you are obviously happy with Celebrity, I'm not quite sure why you care what other people do or what lines they choose to sail. If someone wants to worry about Princess "trickling crumbs," what difference does it make in your life? Have a good time on those Celebrity cruises. :)

I like princess....just think they are cheap in their perks.....and i guess I am saying that if you are going to chase an "elite" status then I figure that one would be better chasing a program that gives you the more...and I am not "worried" this is an open discussion of a benefits package and, i was just expressing my opinion on it as everyone else is

Since you are obviously happy with Celebrity, I'm not quite sure why you care what other people do or what lines they choose to sail. If someone wants to worry about Princess "trickling crumbs," what difference does it make in your life? Have a good time on those Celebrity cruises. :)

I have cruised on 10 different cruise lines. Over 300 days at sea. I agree Celebrity`s loyalty perks are the best in the industry. I enjoy Princess and will continue to cruise with them as they suite my needs living on the west coast. No need to be nasty to anyone`s comments.

Who is being nasty?...in what way?..and i agree....princess is not a bad line..I am going on a cruise with them....I just think they are very tight with perks....and it is not worth going out of ones way to gain them...if you like the line..and do several cruises and the give you status and the limited perks they do...fine...i just said I don't think it is worth figuring ways to string budget cruises together JUST to aquire status to gan the perks...if they gave better ones ...yes.. it might be worth some effort...

I have cruised on 10 different cruise lines. Over 300 days at sea. I agree Celebrity`s loyalty perks are the best in the industry. I enjoy Princess and will continue to cruise with them as they suite my needs living on the west coast. No need to be nasty to anyone`s comments.

I'd like to see Princess add some more perks like Celebrity did with their Elite Plus and Zenith levels of the Captain's Club. We just sailed for the first time as Elite, so the additional benefits would be a long ways off for us. But it would give us something to aspire to.

I see what you are saying....but look at celebrity....and I know i will be forgetting som things....dedicated restaurant (free) for suite and their "elite" dedicated lounge (free) premimum drink program unlimited minibar refills, 2 standard size bottles of spirts, internet, i think laundry was in it too...2 nights free nights at the other specialty restaurants plus my TA got us 200.00 in OBC...know I am missing som stuff......much better than princess....even at the top of their incentive plan...while I will take a princess cruise if the itinarary is good...I would never chase the elite status....And to be honest...I like princess...MUCH better than RCCL...even though royal offers better perks too.....Guess i would rather just save longer (cruise less) for a Suite. plus i am 6'8"...I need the space...especially in the bathroom!

6' 8" You may need your own ship

• 1 month later...