CroisiEurope new ship?

squarevanman

I have just received my regular e mail from CroisiEurope which is (as always) in French - boy how I wish I had paid attention at school all those years ago. If I have read it right they will have a new ship the Elbe Princess operating between Berlin and Prague for 2016. I believe it will carry 80 passengers and is a two passenger deck ship. However (and I could of course be wrong) it appears to have a paddle wheel at the rear of the boat. I cannot find any details on their UK web site. Hopefully one of you kind soles who speak French or the CroisiEurope USA office may be able to shed light on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi squarevanman - some more information can be found on our website, here:

http://www.croisieuroperivercruises.com/news/new-2016-berlin-heart-prague-board-ms-elbe-princesse

Details are still limited, as this announcement is brand new, but we will continue to update this web page, and most likely open for booking in early 2015. We hope to welcome you on board in the future!

-CroisiEurope USA

• 5 months later...
The article implies they will cruise from Potsdam. Is the route via a river or canal or both? Google map did not help me.

I agree it is difficult to figure out. The river in Potsdam is the Havel. There are lots of lakes and engineered river stretches around Potsdam, with several locks. On the German wikipedia page is a map of the waterways. After Potsdam you might cruise another stretch on the Havel or do a canal stretch, I get a bit lost on the map. :o

Scroll down to "Verkehr", map on the right "Wasserstraßen in Potsdam":

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam

The harbour is marked with an anchor sign.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid

notamermaid - Thanks for the map. It brought back memories of biking through the "Grueny" to the Wannsee Rec Center for sailing. We just needed to be extremely careful not to get too close to the border.