Question please re Classic Beverage Perk????

portcbob

Hi fellow Celebrity Cruisers.

Just wondering folks, if you are lucky enough to receive the 123 Go Promo and choose the Classic Beverage Package. Just need to know that if you purchase a alcoholic drink which is above the pricing in the Perk, can you just pay for the difference.

ie. Say a beer is 8.00 dollars and the classic beverage package allows 6.00dollars, can you just pay the 2.00 dollars difference or do you have to change your drink order and keep under the 6.00dollars.

Thankyou guys in advance.

Bob & Chris.

You must pay the total. But if you upgrade to the premium then anything above the premium price you only pay the difference.

This.

Which is why so many of us do the Upgrade to Premium for just $ 10 US + 15% Grats = $ 11.50 per night

Then the world of options opens up substantially !!

Great value when you look at the scenario you have put forward.

To upgrade... Call Celebrity and ask for the 123Go Classic to Premium Alcohol Upgrade (so as to get the correct charge added to your account). Book by phone you will have to pay now. Book on the ship it will be added to your SeaPass Account.

With the Upgrade you are not required to do it for both in the cabin.

Cheers!

This.

Which is why so many of us do the Upgrade to Premium for just $ 10 US + 15% Grats = $ 11.50 per night

To upgrade... Call Celebrity and ask for the 123Go Classic to Premium Alcohol Upgrade (so as to get the correct charge added to your account). Book by phone you will have to pay now. Book on the ship it will be added to your SeaPass Account.

Cheers!

Or some of os do not! Wait until your on board then decide.

This.

Cheers!

Do you work for Celebrity?

We always upgrade to the premium package. You have more choices which means less worrying about what's covered.

We hear people onboard frequently trying to negotiate with the bartenders to serve something in smaller portions or ring it up differently so that it's covered by the classic package.

I don't go on vacation to negotiate!

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

Celebrity Millennium Southbound Alaska May 2015

Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal September 2015

Two out of group of four upgraded the last time we sailed X. I was one of them, being a wine and martini drinker.

At the end of the cruise, we all agreed that it wasn't a waste of money to upgrade, but it was totally unnecessary. The classic wine choices were fine - better than house wines in most good restaurants, and certainly better than most low end cruise ship offerings. The regular martinis and Cosmo's were great and the bartenders in the Martini Bar never had a problem serving us wine or a standard size martini or Cosmo. (Though we were never there when it was super busy.)

On our next X cruise, upgrading adds up to a chunk of money - it's a 16 night cruise. I can find WAY better ways to spend that $180+ per person.

Two out of group of four upgraded the last time we sailed X. I was one of them, being a wine and martini drinker.

At the end of the cruise, we all agreed that it wasn't a waste of money to upgrade, but it was totally unnecessary. The classic wine choices were fine - better than house wines in most good restaurants, and certainly better than most low end cruise ship offerings. The regular martinis and Cosmo's were great and the bartenders in the Martini Bar never had a problem serving us wine or a standard size martini or Cosmo. (Though we were never there when it was super busy.)

On our next X cruise, upgrading adds up to a chunk of money - it's a 16 night cruise. I can find WAY better ways to spend that $180+ per person.

It is good to hear from someone that finds the Classic package perfect for them. So many people seem to complain about the choices, but I always upgrade. I like the better options, but I would also be OK with the Classic.

We have just made a booking which offered our very first drinks package as a perk, and I am beyond excited! I love all the premium teas/coffees at Al Bacio, bottled water, and oooo wine!! I would love to know please, is Port wine included in the package? I love a bit of port and cheese....:D

Or some of os do not! Wait until your on board then decide.

I upgraded twice. Now just use the Classic. It was a novelty the first few times but ended up being satisfied without paying extra.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍺

We always upgrade to the premium package. You have more choices which means less worrying about what's covered.

We hear people onboard frequently trying to negotiate with the bartenders to serve something in smaller portions or ring it up differently so that it's covered by the classic package.

I don't go on vacation to negotiate!

Good point. And just ONE Molecular Cocktail day per night covers the extra charge. That plus better beers and great specialty Martinis make it worth while to most.

Edited by gsb

It can be a tough call if you want to consider price/value. When we boarded the Eclipse last year we immediately ran into (almost literally) a bartender we had befriended on a prior X cruise. We had the Classic Package and were considering just upgrading one of us (me) which was only possible on the ship (not sure if this is still the case). The reason was because I enjoy Single Malt Scotch and Cognac. Our bartender friend quickly (and quietly) advised us not to upgrade immediately...but rather wait 1 or 2 days (it was a 14 day cruise). After the first day I realized that the Classic Package was good enough for our needs. DW and I both also drink Martinis (she loves her Cosmos and I enjoy Appletinis) and we discovered that we could get all we wanted at any bar. The more expensive drinks in the Martini Bar were certainly larger, and made with a better brand of Vodka....but as is the reality with many mixed drinks the higher quality booze makes little difference in the final product since the subtlety of the better booze is oft lost with the various mixer products. The smaller "Classic" Martinis made no difference since we simply ordered 2 :)

We will soon be back aboard the Eclipse and are again debating whether to upgrade to Premium. The upgrade would "only" cost us $322 for the two of us. Can't help thinking that the Classic Package meets most of our needs and that if I occasionally stray and order a better Scotch or Cognac I am not going to spend anywhere near $322 for those few extra drinks. Fruit for thought.

Hank