Has anyone upgraded from Classic to Premium and regretted it?

tbmrt

I take it that one needed the Premium package for Bailey's coffee...Were there other after dinner liqueurs available w/coffee in Classic Package?

No, Bailey's, Kalhua, Frangelico, Tia Maria (probably forgetting one) are included. I had an aspen coffee every day under the classic.

I take it that one needed the Premium package for Bailey's coffee...Were there other after dinner liqueurs available w/coffee in Classic Package?

Today Bailey's is listed on the classic package. Check the link below towards the bottom. Tomorrow is anyone's guess.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Re the classic pkg: are you limited to a certain number of bottled waters per day

Weird how the liqueurs are shifting so often. I really enjoy that cup of special coffee after dinner when cruising, baileys normally. Hope they leave at least one option on the classic pkg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the price of $11.50/pp pd I think it's a great value. You get to not only get the higher priced drinks, beer, and wine you also get to have the Vitamin Water (great the day after drinking to recover), and red bull. My partner and I upgrade every time and never regretted it!

I did enjoy the sommelier in Blu bringing me whatever during dinner after he knew my preferences.

But beyond that I cannot see the value for me, especially since we won't be AQ this time.

They have great sommelier's in the MDR:D Very attentive and knowledgeable! Don't worry if you are not in Blu. I have not seen a wine list from Blu - is it as expansive as the MDR?

Today Bailey's is listed on the classic package. Check the link below towards the bottom. Tomorrow is anyone's guess.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Great link thanks.

I notice that non-alcoholic "O'Douls" is not listed anywhere. :confused:

It used to be under the Classic package (where it obviously belongs) but there was a list somewhere that had it as a Premium item

10004254_1.jpg

Re the classic pkg: are you limited to a certain number of bottled waters per day

Weird how the liqueurs are shifting so often. I really enjoy that cup of special coffee after dinner when cruising, baileys normally. Hope they leave at least one option on the classic pkg

On the Celebrity Bevvy Pkgs there are no maxs per day... So you can enjoy any covered drink as much as you like every day.

Celebrity does however has an unwritten rule that it is one drink at a time (this discourages the sharing of Pkgs). There are however some exceptions where Celebrity is more lax on this Rule... 2 of the most notable is at Dinner where it s not uncommon to have more than one Bevvy on the go (Bottled Water - Wine - Specialty Coffee - After Dinner Cordial). The other is when going ashore. On most Ships at the Gangway there will be someone "selling" Bottled Water... If you have a Bevvy Pkg they will note your Card / Room / Folio Number and you can then take whatever Water you need for when you are ashore (often they are the 500 ml / pint bottles so people will take 2 or 3 each)

As for the Lists...

There have been rumours of changes by Paxs, but up until now Celebrity has not made any OFFICIAL Announcement

So you should consider that the Celebrity Official Bevvy Pkg Lists (last Updated by Celebrity on May 28, 2014) and posted here by Celebrity then are still in effect

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

NOTE - Availability however can be an issue (think this is WHY other lists have emerged). Celebrity has never guaranteed availability... Partly because of the fact that their ships can be anywhere in the world... Consumption & Restocking Issues... And the fact that on any particular cruise local preferences might dictate what is popular / run out

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Is sparkling water covered under the Classic package? Perrier/Pellegrino? If so, are they only the small bottles or can I get a large Pellegrino for the cabin?

I actually quit drinking 4 years ago, but with the 123 promotion I'll be getting the classic covered and hope my fizzy water of choice is available to the sober cruisers.

Is sparkling water covered under the Classic package? Perrier/Pellegrino? If so, are they only the small bottles or can I get a large Pellegrino for the cabin?

I actually quit drinking 4 years ago, but with the 123 promotion I'll be getting the classic covered and hope my fizzy water of choice is available to the sober cruisers.

You may want to consider taking the OBC perk instead of Beverage package, and just buy the Premium Non Alcoholic package for $20/day. Book during the new 10% promotion, and get 10% of that price added as OBC.

This logic likely only works if you are traveling solo, however. as if 2 in cabin, both would give up the 123 perk, and exchange for the OBC shared by the cabin.

I also seem to recall some discussion about X allowing people to downgrade for this reason to the premium non alcoholic package for non-drinkers, though I am not certain. May be worth a call to Cruise Enhancements desk or Captains Club to inquire.

You may want to consider taking the OBC perk instead of Beverage package, and just buy the Premium Non Alcoholic package for $20/day. Book during the new 10% promotion, and get 10% of that price added as OBC.

This logic likely only works if you are traveling solo, however. as if 2 in cabin, both would give up the 123 perk, and exchange for the OBC shared by the cabin.

I also seem to recall some discussion about X allowing people to downgrade for this reason to the premium non alcoholic package for non-drinkers, though I am not certain. May be worth a call to Cruise Enhancements desk or Captains Club to inquire.

Thank you! It's definitely something I'm weighing for sure. DH would want probably want to upgrade and it looks like I would need to upgrade for my fizzy waters well. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity, but on Royal with Diamond status and the lounge, he really didn't buy that many alcoholic drinks to warrant the out of pocket cost of a package. However we're looking at a 14 day cruise with 6 sea days and I can see more use for him than a typical port intensive Southern Caribbean. I'd be fine with the water package.

C3 Concierge cabin is $700 more than the lowest level veranda to get all 3 perks, which effectually makes the extra cost of the cabin $50 if we were taking the drink package. Just crunching numbers to see what makes the most sense.

Edited by sr4mjc

On the Celebrity Bevvy Pkgs there are no maxs per day... So you can enjoy any covered drink as much as you like every day.

Celebrity does however has an unwritten rule that it is one drink at a time (this discourages the sharing of Pkgs). There are however some exceptions where Celebrity is more lax on this Rule... 2 of the most notable is at Dinner where it s not uncommon to have more than one Bevvy on the go (Bottled Water - Wine - Specialty Coffee - After Dinner Cordial). The other is when going ashore. On most Ships at the Gangway there will be someone "selling" Bottled Water... If you have a Bevvy Pkg they will note your Card / Room / Folio Number and you can then take whatever Water you need for when you are ashore (often they are the 500 ml / pint bottles so people will take 2 or 3 each)

As for the Lists...

There have been rumours of changes by Paxs, but up until now Celebrity has not made any OFFICIAL Announcement

So you should consider that the Celebrity Official Bevvy Pkg Lists (last Updated by Celebrity on May 28, 2014) and posted here by Celebrity then are still in effect

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

NOTE - Availability however can be an issue (think this is WHY other lists have emerged). Celebrity has never guaranteed availability... Partly because of the fact that their ships can be anywhere in the world... Consumption & Restocking Issues... And the fact that on any particular cruise local preferences might dictate what is popular / run out

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I don't think this is the latest classic list as I have seen that Ketel One AND EFFEN VODKAS HAVE BEEN RECLASSIFIED AS PREMIUM.

We are going on Solstice next March and were wondering the same thing for my wife who doesn't drink alcohol. Emailing Celebrity Cruise we were told we couldn't exchange or downgrade from classic to premium non- alcoholic. Disappointing as the latter is much cheaper than the former. That said, you can exchange for classic non alcoholic, then UPGRADE to premium for $4/day. So that what we'll most likely do, unless we manage to convince someone at celebrity to just do the exchange

Sorry, but you need the Premium Package to get Perrier/Pellegrino. That's why I'll upgrade.

We also prefer the premium brands of water. and if you consider the premium package is $11.50 more p.p.per day, if you have the non premium alcohol package and drink four bottles of premium water a day, upgrading is a no brainer. not even considering the premium drinks. I love my top shelf martinis and the molecular bar. Those drinks are not available with the non premium package.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Does the Classic have Vitamin waters or is it the premium?

I think the Classic package has basic water ie not Eivan which is sold at $6 as part of your room 'mini bar' service.

When we were on Infinity TA, '13, they ran out of the basic water, but then allocated Eivan, for the few days before we docked in Miami.

We are going on Solstice next March and were wondering the same thing for my wife who doesn't drink alcohol. Emailing Celebrity Cruise we were told we couldn't exchange or downgrade from classic to premium non- alcoholic. Disappointing as the latter is much cheaper than the former. That said, you can exchange for classic non alcoholic, then UPGRADE to premium for $4/day. So that what we'll most likely do, unless we manage to convince someone at celebrity to just do the exchange

This is great information, thank you! Yes it is disappointing but $4 a day is much more reasonable than $11.50 for those of us not drinking.

Edited by sr4mjc

Does the Classic have Vitamin waters or is it the premium?

Vitamin water and energy drinks are under the premium package. What I just noticed from the list is that they specify fountain soft drinks for both packages. Last time they were serving cans with the classic package. However, that was the first time that they offered the free beverage package. Does anyone know if the soda comes in a can. I find fountain Coke to be hit or miss. Mostly miss.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the link for non alcohol selections.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

thank you!

In addition to the drinks at the Molecular/Martini bar the reason we plan to upgrade is the non-alcoholic offerings. Red bull, vitamin water, Sparkling water and premium bottled water as well as an expanded selection of premium coffees. The upgrade will more than pay for itself for us even if 80% of what we drink is included with the Classic package.

I'm a pretty frugal guy....okay, okay I am cheap! If I were travelling alone I could see myself finding things to keep me satisfied just fine on the classic. However, my wife is the complete opposite. She will likely want to have several higher-end cocktails that aren't on the classic and she will pick specialty coffees that are the most expensive for sure. I'd rather just not have to worry about what's covered and what isn't. 11.50 per day is well worth it to us, but I can sympathize with some that don't feel that way.

I plan on upgrading and not feeling any regret on our upcoming cruise.