MDR: No. of Diners per Server & Tables of 10

stickey_mouse

We are a group of 20 traveling on the Silhouette next month. We requested two tables of 10 at the early seating. Does anybody know if they have tables that large? If so, are they the smaller square tables pushed together, or do they actually have large rounded tables that can seat 10? My other question is, will all 10 of us be able to have the same servers, or is 20 too large a number for a server to handle in the MDR? Thanks!

We were at a table for 12 on one cruise. It consisted of 2 round tables being placed close together and a large oval top being placed over it. The only downside of it was that at 5'1 I spent 2 weeks wondering why I felt so low at the table. I checked underneath the last night; that's how I know how it was put together. ( and for those who know me it wasn't a drunken slither under the table).

We had the same waiter, assistant waiter, wine waiter and sommelier look after everyone even though we were 5 different groups.

Cheers, h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

They do have tables for 12, then 8. From what I have noticed your prime waiter(waitress) will have one assistant waiter that has responsibility for at least two tables, perhaps three. Also, a wine steward will serve your table and be responsible for other tables as well.

I haven't seen any examples of two round tables together, but the 12 person tables are rectangular. One issue, they are so long that it is hard to converse from one end of the table to the other.

We are a group of 20 traveling on the Silhouette next month. We requested two tables of 10 at the early seating. Does anybody know if they have tables that large? If so, are they the smaller square tables pushed together, or do they actually have large rounded tables that can seat 10? My other question is, will all 10 of us be able to have the same servers, or is 20 too large a number for a server to handle in the MDR? Thanks!

You need to link all 20 people together (booking numbers) and have your travel agent submit a request to Celebrity. They start seating charts 2-3 weeks before the cruise.

We were at that table for 10 on Silhouette last year. We felt like we needed booster seats. We ended up taking the throw pillows from our cabin to sit on, and I had a blow up back cushion I used to ease myself forward. I noticed others doing the same at various places around the MDR. Those chairs are deep, not comfortable for short people. EM