New Oasis GS

We have 12330 booked in April. We originally had a BW balcony booked as that's what we had on Allure 2 years ago and it was my husband, myself and our 1 1/2 year old daughter at the time. The boardwalk balcony was great as our daughter loved standing out there and watching everyone. I utilized the then public balcony at the end of the hall (Now these new GS) every afternoon to read on a lounger.

We originally booked the same BW balcony room but this time our daughter will be 4 and we are bringing our son who will be 10 months old. I was getting really worried about space with having to have a pack n play in the room, plus our daughter on the pull out couch, plus stroller, etc. We loved the BW balcony so originally decided to squeeze in however when these new GS were announced I jumped and booked 12330 feeling relieved that we will have more space per the square footage comparison of our BW balcony. Also, I am really excited about the supposedly huge balcony. We are not really that interested in the Suite amenities as we have two sets of grandparents also travelling with us just a few doors down in both an ocean balcony and a BW balcony. Only two adults will get the privilege of the lounge and free drinks but we don't plan on spending much time in there since everyone can't go in.

I guess my question is for those currently in the 12330 or 12730 do you think this room, now that they have been seen is still a good fit for 2 adults plus a pack n play and a 4 year old on the couch bed?

Everyone keeps mentioning the living room as tiny how is the actual bedroom? Will a pack n play fit in the bedroom? Will a lounger fit on the balcony?

I don't want to change to another GS as we want to stay within a few doors of the Grandparents so if this room won't work it will be going back to a BW balcony for us.

Sorry for the long story, any help is much appreciated!

Thank you Top Cruiser 16 for the update on Cabin 14330. We had Cabin 14730 for 7 nights on the May 30 ,2015 cruise. Just cancelled and booked a Crown Loft on the same cruise.

We do have Cabin 12330 booked for 3 nights October 21, 2015. Will probably keep this room as the balcony seems more then adequate.

Why the need for 2 rooms in the new GS?

All original GS are just 1 big bedroom.

I don't need two rooms in a GS.

If I want that I will book something that has 2 rooms.

More space would have been in these new rooms if they had gone to an original 1 room GS

More space would have been in these new rooms if they had gone to an original 1 room GS

I agree. Not sure why they created these as two rooms. Would have been better as just one room and would have made it seem bigger.

I agree. Not sure why they created these as two rooms. Would have been better as just one room and would have made it seem bigger.

Perhaps there were structural/beam issues and a wall had to be built to cover it? Just a guess.

To be quite frank, the reports coming back are quite alarming especially on deck 14 regarding the balcony space and the lack of room to sleep 3 or4 people. My fingers are crossed the these new cabins on deck 11 and 12 have balconies to make up for room deficiencies.

Honestly, I haven't been particularly impressed with the GS cabins on Oasis. The better bang for the buck are the Junior Suites. I had high hopes for the new deck 11 GS' and will keep my fingers crossed the balconies are worth the up charge.

Edited by Oville

When I was on allure a few weeks ago, I wondered how they were going to account for the massive support beam that goes from the top of the ship and angles down to the bottom. It runs right through the balcony on the aquatheater suites and the secret balconies. It sounds like the two room deal is the answer. No way around it really. It's one of the major support structures of the ship.

When I was on allure a few weeks ago, I wondered how they were going to account for the massive support beam that goes from the top of the ship and angles down to the bottom. It runs right through the balcony on the aquatheater suites and the secret balconies. It sounds like the two room deal is the answer. No way around it really. It's one of the major support structures of the ship.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I was on the Oasis a couple weeks ago, in an Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 9, and I took several pictures of the aft balconies. You can clearly see the beam on the AQS balconies, but it disappears when you get up to Deck 11 and the new Grand Suites. If you're wondering which deck is which, the top deck with balcony furniture is Deck 10...the new Grand Suites weren't completed yet when I cruised.

IMG_8663W-L.jpg

IMG_8664W-L.jpg

IMG_9311W-L.jpg

Edited by Cindy

This is room 11330, the largest of these new suites, they did finally bring some pictures for the walls and a coffee table and 2 stool like pieces of furniture for seating. Clarification on the bathroom, there is a step up the bathroom and the door is much shorter then a standard sized door, if you are 6' you HAVE to duck to get in the bathroom, the only way to shower if you are around 6' is to sit and use the hand shower, you do have a view but only one very small area that fit the loungers, of which everyone can see you, the very narrow private part of the balcony will not accommodate loungers and has nearly no overhang above it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There doesn't seem to be very many windows in this room?? With such a fabulous location you would have thought they would use more windows....

Do you have any pictures of the living room from the hallway towards the balcony? This would give me a perspective on the size of the living room and how many windows there are.

Hope you are enjoying your trip despite the room disappointment.

Thanks for posting!

ImageUploadedByForums1417533827.604330.jpg.14bfe7577e88838b8169633a5808c86e.jpg the only portion of the balcony on room 11330 that is wide enough for loungers. I would not pay the additional fare for this room, it's not worth it, if you are over 6' the bathroom is not useable for you

This room will accommodate up to 4 people, however there is not enough storage for clothing or bathroom amenities for 4, and only 1 very small area to get ready and use a hair dryer outside of the bathroom, here is a picture of thatImageUploadedByForums1417534112.742071.jpg.dbcba4512c28d9cac1b3cc4c4f026c6f.jpg. The chair doesn't even push in all the way and there is no storage here

I have room 12330 booked in Nov 2015 and from what I hear I may switch but will wait till I see some pictures of that room and balcony.

I think RCCL jumped the gun on these suites and they were not quite ready to be used yet since they did not have the proper fixtures in them. When you go on vacation you shouldn’t have to worry about asking for these things especially when you are paying a premium for them.

It’s kind of like booking a First Class seat on an international flight and only getting some of the amenities or fixtures while others are getting better and may have paid the same amount for the same kind of seat.

At my company if I had put a product out that was not ready I would have been in a lot of trouble. Also I would be compensating my customers for the problem.

Just my two cents. :)

My husband And I are currently in 14330 ... I will try to get stuff posted soon but it is hard when we are enjoying our vacation.

We have 14730 reserved in Dec '15 so I can't wait to see pics. I know you're on vacation so have fun. We have a long time to change our mind. My biggest concern would be closet space. I haven't seen any mention of them so they must be the same as other suites? There is only two of us so the space isn't an issue. The balcony would be a disappointment since it doesn't sound like we can sit out there and enjoy breakfast as much.

Tim

it seems to me that even in the Aqua suites the side balcony is narrow. From what I see, the balcony depth is the same as the depth on the rest of the balconies on the side of the ship. Of course the Aqua suites have the under cover area but in most pictures the lounge chairs seem only to fit exactly where they do on 11330. It would be nice to have the upgraded balcony furniture that was advertised though. Let's hope more changes come as the weeks go on. Personally I love aft balconies so I won't worry about most other things like storage space. Now if they will just keep the concierge lounge open on 11 so I don't have to walk three football fields for breakfast. ;)

My biggest concern would be closet space. I haven't seen any mention of them so they must be the same as other suites?

Tim

CaribSailor, the OP, showed shots and commented on the closet space, actually lack of, in posts 16 and 17. Also mentioned was the lack of storage in his/her other posts! ;)

Edited by robtulipe

CaribSailor, the OP, showed shots and commented on the closet space, actually lack of, in posts 16 and 17. Also mentioned was the lack of storage in his/her other posts! ;)

Oh geesh. No wonder I forgot seeing them. They aren't closets they're armoires!

Thanks

After seeing the reviews here on the new aft grand suites I decided to change our room.

Well when I called my TA today to change he asked me if I was sure I didn't need a handicap accessible room and I said no I do not.

Well it seems that Room 11730 is a handicap accessible room according to Royal Caribbean.

After I thought about it when I did my online check in I remember seeing a waiver for handicap accessibility. Just a heads up since this room is not marked on the deck plan as such.

After seeing the reviews here on the new aft grand suites I decided to change our room.

Well when I called my TA today to change he asked me if I was sure I didn't need a handicap accessible room and I said no I do not.

Well it seems that Room 11730 is a handicap accessible room according to Royal Caribbean.

After I thought about it when I did my online check in I remember seeing a waiver for handicap accessibility. Just a heads up since this room is not marked on the deck plan as such.

It doesn't seem right that RCI would not make note of that and sell it to people who don't need an accessible room. It seems like the bathroom in the aft GS is very small, I can't imagine how they were able to make it accessible.

It doesn't seem right that RCI would not make note of that and sell it to people who don't need an accessible room. It seems like the bathroom in the aft GS is very small, I can't imagine how they were able to make it accessible.

Well not only is it the bathroom small there is no direct access to bathroom as there is a step up to get in the bathroom and why would you place just a tub in it that you have to climb into.