Reflection Nov 29 Sailing

C 2 C

We boarded Reflection yesterday and I'll try to post the Celebrity Today as it becomes available. If you have any questions... I'll try my best to respond, internet access willing.. (Bermuda Triangle proximity my alter the facts)

Reflection141129_02_zps3893a459.jpg

Reflection141129_03_zps95f35606.jpg

Reflection141129_04_zps61ace2f5.jpg

We left the hotel near the airport at 10:40 and were onboard at 11:10.

I think so many people were told to arrive later that many check-in staff had no one to process. I am sure every sailing is different but we had the speediest Miami boarding ever.

We left the hotel near the airport at 10:40 and were onboard at 11:10.

I think so many people were told to arrive later that many check-in staff had no one to process. I am sure every sailing is different but we had the speediest Miami boarding ever.

One wonders what the thinking behind 'timed boarding' is.

The seas were a bit rough yesterday with waves reaching 10 feet or so. Even though we are sailing at over 20 knots we expect to arrive about half an hour late today.

Reflection141129_08_zps9526a8ec.jpg

Reflection141129_09_zps8a351bcb.jpg

Reflection141129_10_zps75582e6b.jpg

Thanks for posting these! We get on the day you get off. Small world ;)

Question about bar tax in SJU and within 3mi of the coast: if you have a beverage package- is the tax included already like the gratuities are?

Also, the nights that I see Indulgence box office- was that the night where there was a show, or just a night where you can buy tickets?

Thanks again!!

Thanks for posting these! We get on the day you get off. Small world ;)

Question about bar tax in SJU and within 3mi of the coast: if you have a beverage package- is the tax included already like the gratuities are?

Also, the nights that I see Indulgence box office- was that the night where there was a show, or just a night where you can buy tickets?

Thanks again!!

I just asked and was told that no extra tax will be added.

We will experience the indulgence tonight. I will let you know.

Hi Arno

Do you have a drinks package ? I am still trying to find out the wines by the glass included in the Premium Drinks Package .

cheers :)

We have a premium package as a result of achieving Zenith status.

Some wines that were included earlier this year have increased so that additional $ have to be added. Is it a wine list that you need or the price of certain wines?

It is just after 4 pm and we are now docked in San juan. Passengers are streaming off three different exits under partially cloudy skies. There is a gentle breeze on our balcony as I appreciate the warm temperatures as opposed to the cold back home.

Life in our Celebrity condo is great.

Last night's formal evening was much less formal than expected. Many men had open necked shirts, no jackets and suits let alone tuxes were rare in comparison to past cruises. (This is an observation).

At 12:30 this afternoon the Captain's Club Celebration took place. Only bathing wear was excluded from this party. There were a few snacks available and the entertainment was limited to the Jazz duo. This event is just a remnant of the celebrations of the past, certainly easily skipped for anyone enjoying life around the pool.

However for those without a beverage package it does offer an opportunity to get a few drinks while chatting with friends.

We miss the singers and entertainment, the beef sandwiches, crepes and offerings of past Celebrations.

Yes they are being put up now.

It is just after 4 pm and we are now docked in San juan. Passengers are streaming off three different exits under partially cloudy skies. There is a gentle breeze on our balcony as I appreciate the warm temperatures as opposed to the cold back home.

Life in our Celebrity condo is great.

Last night's formal evening was much less formal than expected. Many men had open necked shirts, no jackets and suits let alone tuxes were rare in comparison to past cruises. (This is an observation).

At 12:30 this afternoon the Captain's Club Celebration took place. Only bathing

wear was excluded from this party. There were a few snacks available and the entertainment was limited to the Jazz duo. This event is just a remnant of the celebrations of the past, certainly easily skipped for anyone enjoying life around the pool.

However for those without a beverage package it does offer an opportunity to get a few drinks while chatting with friends.

We miss the singers and entertainment, the beef sandwiches, crepes and offerings of past Celebrations.

We love the Christmas decorations!

Also sad to see the remnant of captains club celebrations :(. We still attend in hopes of mtg fellow cruisers.

Hi Arno

Back from Asia for a mere 3 1/2 minutes and already back on board !!! Way to Go !!

How's the music volume scenario ? Have '' the suits in Miami'' finally realized there is such a thing as proper balance in the various musical offerings on board ? not only in choices but volume ?

Cheers

Claude

Hi Arno

Back from Asia for a mere 3 1/2 minutes and already back on board !!! Way to Go !!

How's the music volume scenario ? Have '' the suits in Miami'' finally realized there is such a thing as proper balance in the various musical offerings on board ? not only in choices but volume ?

Cheers

Claude

We needed some rest after our Asian Odyssey.. :D

We don't venture onto the pool deck but volumes elsewhere are fine even for my sensitive ears.

We miss the strings but that's ancient luxury.. ;)