Freedom Dining Question

tdelano

I am a first time cruiser trying to make a decision between Freedom and Jewel. I realized I am leaning towards Jewel due to the dining option of requesting a table for two. Someone mentioned Anytime Dining in a post. What is ATD? Does it allow a table for two on Freedom? Thanks

Since you mentioned Jewel, it's obvious you're talking about RCI's Jewel of the Seas. Now, with the Freedom, are you talking about RCI's Freedom of the Seas or the Carnival Freedom? On RCI, it's My Time Dining, on CCL, it's Anytime Dining.

You can request a table for two for fixed seating (early or late) on either cruise line. There are many 2-tops available for the MTD or ATD on both cruise lines, but there have been reports that those tables are very close together.

On Carnival Freedom, or Carnival ships, to get Your Time Dining, you must specify your choice for that at the time of booking. If you get Your Time Dining, then you will request a table for two each night as you arrive at the dining room. There may or may not be a wait depending on how busy the dining room is at the time you arrive, but as someone else has already said there are a lot more tables for two now than ever. There were plenty available on my last cruise, never had to wait for one. One word of caution though; the tables for two are very close to each other, so while separate are not really very private.

So no worries at all? When/ how do I request? Thanks!

when you get onboard you check your table assignment which is located on your sign and sail card. Check your table. If its a large table you visit the mairtr de and ask for a table for two.

If you take anytime dining the hostess will ask how many