What to expect from FOS?

What would happen if you had private shore excursions arranged for each port on Eastern and they switched your cruise to a Western? I realize that the cruise line has the right to make certain changes to your cruise, but to expect you to accept a completely different cruise from the one you booked and paid for is a stretch. The price of an Eastern itinerary is also more expensive that a Western itinerary, on the cruise dates I have been contemplating.

We do have private shore excursions booked for st Thomas and st Maarten for our FOS December 14 sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they can and do switch. You have a right to raise it as an issue, but according to the contract they can do this type of change for any reason. Feel free to engage an attorney, if you do not get the desired response from the cruise line.

What would happen if you had private shore excursions arranged for each port on Eastern and they switched your cruise to a Western? I realize that the cruise line has the right to make certain changes to your cruise, but to expect you to accept a completely different cruise from the one you booked and paid for is a stretch. The price of an Eastern itinerary is also more expensive that a Western itinerary, on the cruise dates I have been contemplating.

• 2 weeks later...

I am attaching a letter we received from RCCL at the pier in Port Canaveral upon boarding on December 7th. All of our port times were shortened and due to a medical emergency with a nine month old baby we missed Cozumel......there were many unhappy people on board!

Labadee (1015-1600)

Falmouth (1045-1800)

George Town (730-1430)

Cozumel (1000-1630)

Good luck on future cruises!

Donna

image.jpg.f5b65dc634816333c5875aa18328ad4c.jpg

Edited by fish6