Another drink package question

Natmom

If I order a glass of wine in the Mdr or any specialty restaurant an I charged extra? It the package valid only if you are going up to a bar to get your drink? I know bottles aren't included but I just wanted to be sure I can order a glass of wine at dinner and have it included.

Yes, you can order a glass of wine in any of the venues. You will only be charged if you order a wine that not included in the package. If that happens, you will only have to pay the difference in the price.

Edited by footzz

The Premium, Select and Ultimate all cover wine by the glass in any bar or dining venues. The wines covered are different for Select and Premium/Ultimate, ie Select covers glades of wine up to $9 and P/U cover glasses of wine up to $12 (pretty sure those are the limits, I may be off a buck or two, especially on Select.).

Meaning, yes, you can get glasses of wine in any venues including MDR and specialty restaurants.

The selection of wines by the glass in the MDR is pretty dismal imho.

Yes they are. We requested the wine that we had at Chops and they had it available for us in the MDR next night. It's worth asking, I'm sure the response to the request may be different from manager to manager and from ship to ship.

Yes they are. We requested the wine that we had at Chops and they had it available for us in the MDR next night. It's worth asking, I'm sure the response to the request may be different from manager to manager and from ship to ship.

Must be a nice feeling to receive that kind of service. On the Oasis, formal/lobster night I ordered a glass of Moet & Chandon before dinner as part of the UP promotion. (as I had done previous nights) The beverage server told me that they were all out.

Now I'm sure somewhere on this massive ship there would be more than enough Moet to go around:confused:

I'm just not finding that level of service where NO is not a word in their vocabulary. I eventually did get a glass by getting up and going to the Champagne Bar myself at the expense of leaving my dinner party waiting at the table for me to get back before placing their order.

I shudder to think of the response I would get after requesting a glass vintage wine I had at the specialty dining venue the night before :eek:

Thanks for the tip!

not large but I am picky and really liked

Ferrari-Carano Cabernet really nice Alexander valley wine

I remember seeing that one on the list.

Stupid me. I ordered a glass of that one evening whilst walking by one of the pool deck bars. Saw it sitting on the back shelf and decided to try it. One sip and had to spit it out. What was I thinking??? The wine tasted like it must have been open for a month and was too warm to drink. The plastic serving cup didn't help either....I should know better. I love a good Alexander valley cab sauv and wish I gave it a second chance at a better venue :(

Thank goodness for the Ultimate Package unlimited drinks or I would have forced myself to drink it.