Dear Santa... A Wish List for the NEW Celebrity Ships

Sloop-JohnB

If they do have self service laundries they should automatically require those who requested them all be assigned cabins next to them.

You assume that in this day and age designers can't place them in a thoughtful way. Not like the necessity to have service doors close to passenger cabins... so staff can deliver dry cleaning and laundry. :p

Lights on the balcony!

M class has it, S class does not.

Love to read next days program on balcony at night

Another NO. Few things more annoying than the pax next to your cabin turning on their balcony lights, sticking their head outside for 30 seconds, then leaving the lights on for days, bleeding lights to 2 adjoining cabins while the perpetrators are nowhere to be found.

Edited by ECCruise

Power outlet next to the bed.

To make this easy, it could even be USB for one of them (I understand the CPAP users need standard power). Most of us use a tablet or reader and need to charge it regularly. The three outlets in the room are always in use as we rotate devices. I even bought a European Kindle charger to use them all!

I like the storage over the bed, as long as it is in addition to rather than instead of good basic storage. We put our winter coats up there.

Hopefully a venue like the GastroBar will be there.

Is this a euphemism :rolleyes:? Not sure that's appropriate on a ship :D.

Hi VILLAUK,

As you are from the UK, I will assume you are "somewhat" serious here in your Question / confusion... So I will explain further for your benefit.

Hockey is a HUGE form of Canadian sport & recreation from the smallest of tots right thru to Senior Citizens in their 80s & 90s. Street Hockey is the answer for many of us getting our "Hockey Fix" after the ice has melted away (or in warmer climates)

Street / Road Hockey is a form of Hockey played without skates (Roller or Ice) often literally out on Street. However it also can be played in a Parking Lot, on a Hockey Rink Cement Pad (indoor or outdoor when there s no ice), or easily adapted to a Tennis / Basketball Court (hence my suggestion for the Celebrity Ships).

Equipment is minimal. A Stick & Soft Puck (or Ball) is adequate... Hockey Nets are nice, but even they can be improvised. Goalies typically wear a face mask & some sort of knee / shin pads.

Pick Up, refers to its informal nature, vs organized times & teams. Pick up therefore also refers to both picking up / gathering players (people joining in spontaneously) as well as the tradition of putting one's stick in the mix, and then them being picked out / tossed out to form teams (you play on the team / side where your stick ends up)

When Street Hockey is played on an actual street in a Residential Area, of course the game is occasionally interrupted by an Vehicle... The person first seeing the vehicle approaching, yells CARRRRRR ... Play stops, nets are edged to the side of the road, the vehicle passes, after which play resumes.

Lol, fortunately this won't be an issue on a Celebrity Ship... Nor will be "pucks" that stray far out of bounds (as we would assume on a Celebrity Ship the playing area will have a high fence or be otherwise screened)

For more info see this entry on Street Hockey from Wikipedia = http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_hockey

And enjoy these ICONIC Street Hockey Commercials from Canada & the USA

Labatt Blue =

Gatorade with Sidney Crosby =

Verizon with Alexander Ovechkin = http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=243914

Cheers!

Lol now if someone could just explain Cricket & Rugby to me, we'd be all set :D

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I understand the desire to say "no" about adding lights on balconies... but that assumes that everyone that uses the light on a balcony is leaving them on, accidentally or otherwise.

Putting the light on a timer solves the whole problem and everyone is happy. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Hi VILLAUK,

As you are from the UK, I will assume you are "somewhat" serious here in your Question / confusion... So I will explain further for your benefit.

Hockey is a HUGE form of Canadian sport & recreation from the smallest of tots right thru to Senior Citizens in their 80s & 90s. Street Hockey is the answer for many of us getting our "Hockey Fix" after the ice has melted away (or in warmer climates)

Street / Road Hockey is a form of Hockey played without skates (Roller or Ice) often literally out on Street. However it also can be played in a Parking Lot, on a Hockey Rink Cement Pad (indoor or outdoor when there s no ice), or easily adapted to a Tennis / Basketball Court (hence my suggestion for the Celebrity Ships).

Equipment is minimal. A Stick & Soft Puck (or Ball) is adequate... Hockey Nets are nice, but even they can be improvised. Goalies typically wear a face mask & some sort of knee / shin pads.

Pick Up, refers to its informal nature, vs organized times & teams. Pick up therefore also refers to both picking up / gathering players (people joining in spontaneously) as well as the tradition of putting one's stick in the mix, and then them being picked out / tossed out to form teams (you play on the team / side where your stick ends up)

When Street Hockey is played on an actual street in a Residential Area, of course the game is occasionally interrupted by an Vehicle... The person first seeing the vehicle approaching, yells CARRRRRR ... Play stops, nets are edged to the side of the road, the vehicle passes, after which play resumes.

Lol, fortunately this won't be an issue on a Celebrity Ship... Nor will be "pucks" that stray far out of bounds (as we would assume on a Celebrity Ship the playing area will have a high fence or be otherwise screened)

For more info see this entry on Street Hockey from Wikipedia = http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_hockey

And enjoy these ICONIC Street Hockey Commercials from Canada & the USA

Labatt Blue =

Gatorade with Sidney Crosby =

Verizon with Alexander Ovechkin = http://video.capitals.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=243914

Cheers!

Lol now if someone could just explain Cricket & Rugby to me, we'd be all set :D

On our Asia cruise Jan/Feb 2014, one of the Canadian guys (crew) brought his goalie gear, a net and a bunch of sticks on board. In the afternoon around the pool he set up his net, donned his gear and let everyone try taking shot's on goal:D It was a hoot and tons of people got involved. I don't know how he did it as it was pushing 40C lol.

He also had 2 pickup games up on the basketball court (on sea days) which were fun to watch and even some girls played. I think there were two teams of 3 on3. It was pretty hairy (now I remember why I never signed up for grass hockey in high school:eek:) Lots of fun and a few skinned knees but beer made it all go away!

Edited by Christine Frances

I would like to see a Persian Garden configuration that matches the Reflection Persian Garden. I enjoyed the mixture of steam, suana, and cold room. The greater number of heated lounges was also appreciated.

Lots of interesting ideas here.

If I could pick my top three things, they would be:

1. Three sets of stairs/elevators. Not putting an aft stairwell/elevator in the S-class was incomprehensible to me, and after the first time, prevented me from booking any aft cabins on that class.
  2. Change the sink configuration in the cabin bathrooms so that the faucet doesn't stick out so far. Washing my face on the S-class is next to impossible without getting water everywhere.
  3. Replace the lawn with a quiet deck with lounge chairs and maybe those mist sprayers to cool off with.

It's hard for me to come up with many changes, because I think the S-class and even M-class are next to perfect. The most important is - NO SHOWER CURTAINS EVER AGAIN! :D

It's hard for me to come up with many changes, because I think the S-class and even M-class are next to perfect. The most important is - NO SHOWER CURTAINS EVER AGAIN! :D

Just curious, was this a take on the famous line from "Mommy Dearest"? If so, it had me chuckling. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Just curious, was this a take on the famous line from "Mommy Dearest"? If so, it had me chuckling. ;-)

LOL - nope - just a real dislike of shower curtains, which always seem to have a magnetic attraction to me. Ugh!

One of the boasting rights for the S class ships was that a panel of women had input. They must have hated washing their own unmentionables when on holiday because there is no laundry line in the shower stall. :p

This time round, I would love to have a magnifying mirror (portable or wall mounted ) in the bathroom or at the desk area for makeup application.

One of the boasting rights for the S class ships was that a panel of women had input. They must have hated washing their own unmentionables when on holiday because there is no laundry line in the shower stall. :p

This time round, I would love to have a magnifying mirror (portable or wall mounted ) in the bathroom or at the desk area for makeup application.

No way, I have a hard enough time looking at myself in a regular mirror :p

You just brought back some childhood memories for me. We played stick ball and wiffle ball in the street during the 60's and 70's. Now you don't see a child outside paying at all. They all play virtual reality sports on electronic devices. The kids are paste white and have to take vitamin D supplements.

I agree - a magnifying mirror would be great. I never used them till I tried one at a pre-cruise hotel and loved it. Bad thing was, until then, I thought I didn't have any wrinkles. :)

I sure would love to be on a panel that helps design the cabins. I would probably just change a few small things from the S-class, one being having actual drawers in the nightstands rather than those little shelves that are hard to get at and easy to lose thing underneath. I would also add an electric outlet near the bed. And perhaps change the lighting system a bit since we always seem to take a few days to figure out which switch does what. Even subtle labels on the switches would help a lot. I would love to see an iPod dock, and an easy way to connect tablets/laptops to the TV.

But really, the S-class cabins are already pretty great, and if they change nothing in the new ships, I'll still be happy.

I like a lot of features of M and S class ships.

I would like large cabins with large bathrooms including a tub in some cabins other than suites. When I travel with my grandkids, a tub would be good. Clotheslines in bathroom area. Cotton balls provided. Cabins need better closet space. M class closets are good. Get rid of the over the bed cabinet. Dresser needs more draws that aren't so deep. M class is better than S. Magnifying lighted mirror. Water pitchers and ice buckets in every cabin. Thick towels for everyone. More electrical outlets including some on the bedside tables. Instead of a sofa in the cabin, have 2 comfortable chairs with a folding higher table which can be used if you order room service. Bed stands need drawers or a high edge so that items do not fall off if the ship tilts. More hooks in the cabin and bathroom. Buffet area needs more tables inside and outside. More servers to put food on dishes. Bring back trays. Get rid of those baskets. Pool grill should take orders and deliver when cooked. In cabin tv options could be expanded. Do away with the waste of paper advertising on the ship. Post announcements and daily events, etc. on the tv. Stop printing the daily sheet. Post it. Keep the info updated and shown on screens in cabins and near public spaces. Items like news, instructions, etc. can be posted.Inform guests when they checkin to see the info on the screens. The library should be closed room with good lighting, good chairs, and soundproofing. An online lending library that would only work on the ship. The connecting cabins on the S class is good. Verandas on connecting cabins should have an option to open into one space. Lounge chairs on the pool deck should be a bit higher and have soft pads. Pool area should have more regular chairs. Not everyone can or wants to lie down. Keep the MDR open for lunch all days. Soundproof the lounges so that the noise doesn't bother the cabins above or below. Provide complimentary soft drink/coffee/tea stations in more locations. It would be nice for those passengers staying forward to be able to get a coffee without walking to the back of the ship. Expand the seating in the main show lounge. I have often arrived too late to find a seat....and it was before the showtime. Have a disabled gangway that is level. 3 banks of elevators...forward,midship, and aft. No open grand foyer. No lawn club, No glass show. More quiet areas for people who like to read. A dedicated game room. A movie theater like M class had before conversion. More varied entertainment. Bring back the nightly chocolates. Stop fresh flowers in cabins unless requested. Stop robes unless requested. I am allergic to flowers and have them removed.

• More hooks on doors and walls - strangely, ESPECIALLY in suites and their closets where there are none.
  • Electric and USB charging ports a both sides of bed on nightstand
  • A/V connection panel for TV like Marriott Hotels use, lets you plug in any type of video device and automatically plays on TV. Also good for USB charging
  • Electric outlet in bathroom
  • Larger martini Bar with additional staff, in proximity to kitchen area for faster glass replenishment
  • Solo cabins
  • Color changing/controllable LED lighting in cabins, for mood lighting and dimming
  • Heated mirrors
  • Promenade deck
  • Return of the Rondezvous lounge
  • T pools
  • shallow areas in pools as on m class ships where one could have a chair or sit and just splash, not be in the pool
  • All cabins should have the vestibule adjoining door concept as on S class (but for Reflection) so all side-by-side cabins can adjoin if guests want
  • More adjoining cabin options to suites, so suites can book standard adjoining cabin for 2nd bedroom
  • Keurig type coffee makers in cabins, even if only suites or special cabins
  • Place whirlpool in royal suites such that the veranda gates can still be opened
  • Passenger accessible ice machines on each deck as in hotels

My list is pretty simple. Most of my "wishes" do not even require a hammer or nail. They are mostly service based.

1/ Please put the same amount of energy into policing the main pool area as is done in the Adult Thalo pool. It is completely unacceptable and inconsistent currently the way these two areas are managed.

We have a young child, follow the rules, and stay out of the Adult area. We also do not reserve deck chairs with pocket books at 7AM in the main pool area...etc.

2/ How about eliminating smoking completely from Celebrity? They are almost there already. Take the lead on this and get rid of it completely.

3/ How about a pub style venue? I have only cruised Celebrity and took one HAL cruise many years ago, but am under the impression other lines are offering a pub style choice for food/drink.

That's pretty much it. Very happy with our last 2 cruises with Celebrity and looking forward to our third in 2015.

3/ How about a pub style venue? I have only cruised Celebrity and took one HAL cruise many years ago, but am under the impression other lines are offering a pub style choice for food/drink.

GastroBar is on Equinox now, coming to Eclipse in April, replaces Cellar Masters.

I imagine it is going to go fleetwide within the year.

GastroBar is on Equinox now, coming to Eclipse in April, replaces Cellar Masters.

I imagine it is going to go fleetwide within the year.

Agreed... I see this happening too.

People (us included) really liked the Sports Bar / Craft Beer Bar format that was Michael's Club very briefly last year...

Those that miss it have been pretty vocal

(including in my own household... Mr Sloop tells me regularly he is disappointed that the Craft Beers will be few & far between on our Upcoming Constellation cruise)

There is most definitely a lot of Pax wanting to see a Pub type venue on Celebrity Ships.

I am hoping *fingers crossed* that the makeover won't be extensive and some sort of even a temporary mock up can be in place fleet wide in what is / what was CellarMasters by the time we sail again next summer

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I like all of Sloop's stateroom suggestions, and will add

A proper dance floor that isn't the Atrium. It can be impossible to conduct business at Guest Relations when there are loud activities in the Atrium. The Rendezvous Lounge is sorely missed on the S class ships.

Bring back the T-pool. Or at least heat the Solarium pool, if not to bath temperature, but at least heated.

Cruisestich - I so agree with you on how wonderful it would be to have a Rendezvous lounge on the new ships. To have a dedicated place where we can actually dance would be so terrific.

We love the T-pool. Wouldn't that be a great addition.

We enjoy the S class ships, but for the Rendezvous Lounge and the T Pool, we just Love the M class ships.

Thank you for starting this.

1. Self service laundry. If not, at least have the option of cold water wash, clothes that you do not want in dryer, and choice of setting. Also, allergen free detergent. Many of us do like "luxury" but need to wear all cotton, etc. On my last Celebrity 10 night cruise, my cabin looked like a public laundry because I could not use Celebrity laundry service. So now I can only cruise celebrity if cruise is no longer that 1 week, or if there are port stops where there are laundramatts available.

2. A complete dedicated adult area like on the Reflection with the t pool and aqua cafe. There should not be allowed any kids under 16, period.

3. Have cabinet space available in and near closet, not high up above bed as on the Reflection. That was for us a pain in the neck.

4. Lawn Club Grill on every ship. That was our favorite restaurant.

5. Real Promenade Deck.

6. Wide elevators.

7. Wider balconies with foot stools.