Small Ship itineraries?

SeaWatch

The new ships are only very slightly smaller than the current solstice class ships. For the most part, the new ships will be able to stop at the same ports that the current S-class ships can visit. With more ships (that is, if they don't get rid of any of the smaller m-class ships), they will be able to offer different itineraries...but that has nothing to do with the size of the ship.

I view their comment about smaller ship itineraries is pretty much marketing speak. The fact is that the M-class ships, being smaller are actually more suited to smaller ship itineraries. But "modern luxury" and "smaller ship itineraries" sound good....it's marketing speak.

Don't forget the "suite ports" where only suite passengers can get off the ship.

Hmm...

at tender ports...

Suite guests get private motor yachts

Veranda guests take the standard tenders

Those in inside and outside cabins will have changing facilities provided at the dock after their swim to shore.

(sorry....my evil twin typed this)

I would love some of the smaller Caribbean islands!

Totally agree. We loved Reflection but SJU, STT and STX are what we have come to call the "milk run", so we are going to try HAL Amsterdam out of Ft Lauderdale 12/22.

I am excited that Celebrity is building 2 new ships!

Any speculation on what ports would be in the 'small ship itinerary' category?

The description of the new builds has them approximately the same size as the S class ships - slightly smaller but still much larger than the M class ships. I think these are only "small ships" when compared to today's mega ships such as the RCL Oasis class ships.

So I think that along those lines the "small ship itinerary" will be roughly the same as the current Celebrity itineraries as opposed to the more limited list of ports which can handle the larger mega ships. I don't think we're talking "small ship itinerary" of the type that the Azamara or smaller ships can do.

I view their comment about smaller ship itineraries is pretty much marketing speak. The fact is that the M-class ships, being smaller are actually more suited to smaller ship itineraries. But "modern luxury" and "smaller ship itineraries" sound good....it's marketing speak.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro