Back from the Divina Dec 6 2014

anamarieus

I am convinced there's some sort of sabotage going on against MSC in the U.S. We also had an incredible time on the Divina, it's our favorite cruise out of over 15 so far and we can't wait to be back on her.

And yet, there are these ridiculously skewed reviews of her on this site. How in the world is it possible for a ship to get 5 stars and then 1, 5 stars and then 1 over and over. The extremes are just incredible.

Take the latest review written by "oceanflower." You can tell that this person is not a native English speaker, yet complains that there were too many "non-English speaking" people on board. The review is simply incredulous. When I did a search for this reviewer on cruisecritic, the ONLY post that showed up was his/her review of the Divina. He/she never posted on the MSC forum, the RCL forum or the NCL forum. Strange, to say the least.

If I were the execs of MSC, I'd be looking into this a lot deeper, as I feel the "established" cruiselines are downright afraid of this competition on "their" turf and will go to any lengths to send MSC back to Europe.

I agree with this 100%

I am convinced there's some sort of sabotage going on against MSC in the U.S. We also had an incredible time on the Divina, it's our favorite cruise out of over 15 so far and we can't wait to be back on her.

And yet, there are these ridiculously skewed reviews of her on this site. How in the world is it possible for a ship to get 5 stars and then 1, 5 stars and then 1 over and over. The extremes are just incredible.

Take the latest review written by "oceanflower." You can tell that this person is not a native English speaker, yet complains that there were too many "non-English speaking" people on board. The review is simply incredulous. When I did a search for this reviewer on cruisecritic, the ONLY post that showed up was his/her review of the Divina. He/she never posted on the MSC forum, the RCL forum or the NCL forum. Strange, to say the least.

If I were the execs of MSC, I'd be looking into this a lot deeper, as I feel the "established" cruiselines are downright afraid of this competition on "their" turf and will go to any lengths to send MSC back to Europe.

I also agree. I was so mesmerized by the beauty of this ship and making friends, dancing, eating, watching the sea at night, sailing under a full moon on the flat glass sea going 1 to 2 knots.

I loved the guitar player on the aft afrodite deck 14. That was one of the best places. That and the beautiful pools.

just day dreaming now. One of bosses thinks im still on the cruise ha ha im still in a trance :D

Edited by anamarieus

I completely agree.....I was watching a lot of the negative reviews and reading everything I could get my hands on. My wife and I are so glad we paid no attention. We would sail on Divina again in a heartbeat. Still suffering from "post-cruise blues".

Hi cruisinGirl777 I have tons of pics I made sure to get really good pics of the pools. But I have lots of other pics. I tried to get all of the pictures of the found film that they developed and presented aboard. There are pics of cary grant sophia loren james dean there are so many movie stars in these found pictures. Go to the Manitou and Calumet Buffet and u will see them. There are about 100 or more of them.

they have a plaque that explains all of the other pictures on plaques scattered throughout.

keep your camera phone ready and charged because this ship is a visual orgas m

Sounds AMAZING! I will get to enjoy the ship personally in a couple of days :D.

Great to hear! Only 6 days and 20 hours til I set sail! That sucks you guys didn't get to visit Great Stirrup though!

We will be on too. Definitely counting down.

I was on the same cruise than you were. I was unable to be social and having as much fun as I would wish but I was severely sea sick. Regardless of that I had a great time. I love the ship, the crew, our waiter (EKA!!). We had a group of 10 people and we all had a great time (except the sea sick part). MSC is doing a great job. The ship was spotless clean. I was sorry to witness two Americans be extremely rude to some of the people in the buffet area.

I agree with you the shows were great.

I had forgotten CTBob was on a b2b! Im so jealous.

I found a b2b nov 28 2015 to dec 12 2015 for 2,505.16. They only want a 400 deposit total then I have til mid sept/oct 1 to make final payment!

The only downside is that I have to work all next year without a vacay.

I had forgotten CTBob was on a b2b! Im so jealous.

I found a b2b nov 28 2015 to dec 12 2015 for 2,505.16. They only want a 400 deposit total then I have til mid sept/oct 1 to make final payment!

The only downside is that I have to work all next year without a vacay.

What kind of cabin is that? It seems to me very expensive :eek:.

My husband hates cruising...(but he loves me..so he gotta go with me) ...and he loved the Divina.

Yes...I do think there is some kind of anti MSC conspiracy...especially about awful service. This was the first cruise where the staff offered to get me drinks (juice & tea free drinks) in the buffet. And I saw them carrying dishes for other able bodied passengers as well.

If you asked directions...instead of pointing...they walked you there.

• 2 weeks later...
Still scratching head about CTBOB...Where the heck is he? Did he not like the Divina?
Sorry, I loved the Divina! I agree with all that Anne Marie has said. The staff was fantastic, especially the entertainment staff. We really enjoyed Davide and Daniella. Just a quick explanation (Not an excuse), I'm the president of the POA at my community and being away for two weeks left me with a ton of work on my return. Then I had to get ready for Christmas and won't have a free moment until next week. We have told all of our friends how great we think the Divina is. It's 2AM and I must get to bed, night all!

Bob

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!! :D You are going to have so much fun. :p

Say hi to Lemoncello for me!! You will know who I am talking about when you see him during Italian Night in the Theatre!!

Dont miss any of the shows!!!

I just finished my cruise with Divina last week; nobody will go wrong with Divina. Beautiful ship and excellent vacation.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums