How long before you get HOMESICK on a cruise?

OCruisers

After about 14 - 20 days on a ship I admit :o to getting homesick and WANNA GO HOME.

Do any of the rest of you get homesick?

LuLu

Not us. Our longest cruise so far was 33 days and by the end we were wishing we'd added a 7 day option to it.

We do not get homesick BUT after about 10-12 days all the food starts to taste the same to us. When we are travelling DW gets homesick by about week six. I can go for months...no issue BUT not on a ship or not on the same ship with no land travel in between.

Edited by iancal

I am so glad you asked this question -- I am reading every response! I dream about taking a long cruise (our longest has only been 10 nights) and I never, ever thought about whether I would get homesick! I can't imagine that I would have this problem, but I very well might!

What I can imagine is feeling claustrophobic after a while -- especially because I'm pretty sure that if I ever took a long cruise it would not be in anything other than a balcony cabin. So I would have nowhere to go if I wanted "alone time." My husband and I cruise to spend time together, but I can imagine that we could have too much together time. And I can imagine missing friends, female friends in particular -- missing "girl talk."

Last year we did 11 nights on one ship followed by 22 nights on another, though with 6 nights in London sandwiched between. I cannot say I was ever homesick, but was so happy to see my own bed (and toilet :o) upon returning home to realize that cruising for much longer than that probably is not in my future.

Edited by fishywood

Our first cruise was 82 days. The second cruise was 116 days. The third cruise was 120 days and fourth cruise was 94 days. We did not get homesick.

Next year we will be on the longest cruise 180 days. I know I will be missing our five year old grandson.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Homesick? No, but then our longest cruise to date has been 7 days, and our next cruise coming up is 8 days. If anything, while at home, I get "cruise sick" at times, wishing we could be on a cruise ship somewhere. I wish we had the financial means, as well as fewer responsibilities at home to cruise more often.

We feel at Home when we're on a cruise. Every time you board a ship it's like a continuation of the last cruise, a wonderful feeling. We miss cruising, but, never home. ;)

We do miss our dog Binky though. :D

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

We feel at Home when we're on a cruise. Every time you board a ship it's like a continuation of the last cruise, a wonderful feeling. We miss cruising, but, never home. ;)

We do miss our dog Binky though. :D

Jonathan

Do you think that Blinky misses you? LOL!!!

DON

Our first cruise was 82 days. The second cruise was 116 days. The third cruise was 120 days and fourth cruise was 94 days. We did not get homesick.

Next year we will be on the longest cruise 180 days. I know I will be missing our five year old grandson.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, off topic, but just wondered, when you do cruises of this length - do you have any problem getting your lands legs back? After I did my first cruise last year of 9 nights, I walked like a drunken sailor for 3 days post cruise. Just wondered if long cruises like the ones you sailed, has any impact on you,post cruise?

Edited by aussielozzie18