New Grand Suite Oasis of the Seas - 12330

ryanc78

We are currently sailing onboard the Oasis in one of the new Grand Suites. Overall we are fans of the suites but I want to point out a few noticeable issues.

- The bed does not come apart. It's a king sized bed with 2 nightstands on either side. We asked to have them separated since we're friends sharing the cabin when we got the disappointing news.

- The bathtub/shower is a little tight. I'm 6'1" and can stand upright but it only leaves about an inch of clearance to the ceiling.

- The living room is adequate but the bed doesn't pull out of the couch unless you turn it sideways. They didn't design this well.

- The balcony is outstanding. The views are everything you've imagined.

Here are some photos. Feel free to ask questions. ImageUploadedByForums1418045566.257215.jpg.4eb2bcb6a51e3794cd96c971b2c9c60d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1418044622.198126.jpg.742e0a90a423a2e3ab20702f3b67ab5c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418044692.241894.jpg.b579f45a83d4191ef4b05bdb8fd2e0bc.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418044773.387956.jpg.ad4593976dedde07104d5cc29a4a7be5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418044843.765270.jpg.381c6460c256eb3ee8c57a5da3132f46.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418045006.598256.jpg.74c504e20c7d6ac0d20d2b057e112585.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418045157.591249.jpg.90d16497c61f2332e125d200b245450d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418045298.973056.jpg.327f20a4804c3f99801d9bc0f0791b8d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418045482.345652.jpg.5bcff2f8e51b004a53c5c443c7daf822.jpg

We are currently sailing onboard the Oasis in one of the new Grand Suites. Overall we are fans of the suites but I want to point out a few noticeable issues.

- The bed does not come apart. It's a king sized bed with 2 nightstands on either side. We asked to have them separated since we're friends sharing the cabin when we got the disappointing news.

- The bathtub/shower is a little tight. I'm 6'1" and can stand upright but it only leaves about an inch of clearance to the ceiling.

- The living room is adequate but the bed doesn't pull out of the couch unless you turn it sideways. They didn't design this well.

- The balcony is outstanding. The views are everything you've imagined.

Here are some photos. Feel free to ask questions. [ATTACH]333381[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333382[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333383[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333384[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333385[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333386[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333387[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333388[/ATTACH][ATTACH]333389[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting! I have the cabin right below you (11330) booked for a future cruise, and I appreciate the info. There were other posts about these new suites last week that were much more negative, though part of that was because the cabins weren't fully furnished yet. Glad to see a few more positives!

It looks like the bedroom can be totally shut off from the main room. Is this correct? Also, it seems very dark. Is there not a lot of light coming in?

What is with the non-standard suite balcony furniture? They look like crappy pool furniture. Hope they would change it out.

Thanks for the pictures. I have 13330 booked next September.

It looks like the bedroom can be totally shut off from the main room. Is this correct? Also, it seems very dark. Is there not a lot of light coming in?

What is with the non-standard suite balcony furniture? They look like crappy pool furniture. Hope they would change it out.

Thanks for the pictures. I have 13330 booked next September.

Yes, there was another post that sounded like they just took pool loungers and used those for these new balconies. I hope they correct that soon. I have 11330 booked, but have quite a while before we sail.

I didn't realize there was a Deck 13. Thought they went from 12 to 14. Funny how some ships in the fleet use 13, while others skip it.

Yes, there was another post that sounded like they just took pool loungers and used those for these new balconies. I hope they correct that soon. I have 11330 booked, but have quite a while before we sail.

I didn't realize there was a Deck 13. Thought they went from 12 to 14. Funny how some ships in the fleet use 13, while others skip it.

There is not a deck 13

Thanks Ryanc78 for the pictures. We have your cabin booked for spring break 2015 and I was waiting to see some pictures before I switched back to conventional GS. How is the storage for clothing/etc? We are a family of 4 (two teens who have shared the pull out couch on previous cruises). Will it be tight for us? The kids are not in the room except to sleep/change. Is there a table with chairs to eat at on the balcony? Were you able to put chairs on the side balcony or is there only room to stand? Thanks for all your information!

I'll try to answer as many of the questions as possible.

- The bedroom does have a door separating it from the living room.

- There are 2 closets for clothing and drawers in the living room for storage.

- I would not recommend this room for a family of four. Only one bathroom, one sink, and access is through the bedroom. If you pull out the sofa bed to sleep on it it fills the living room area.

- The door beyond the tv in the living room is access to the balcony.

- The balcony furniture is disappointing. Not even a traditional table for dining like normal balconies have.

- I'm attaching a photo of the control booth for the Aqua theatre which is accessed from the main ImageUploadedByForums1418073207.475669.jpg.1e6894bb669927d50c0bc5c4b1a96fe4.jpghallway before the cabin.

Oh geez. Looks like I will spend the next year waiting for a regular GS to open up on our sailing or be tortured by the husband. He's 6'5 - he ain't gonna like that shower. We moved from a regular GS to get this too. I'm in trouble! :eek: And no I'm not telling him yet! If anyone here has a GS on the 11/7/15 sailing - trade ya! ;)

Oh geez. Looks like I will spend the next year waiting for a regular GS to open up on our sailing or be tortured by the husband. He's 6'5 - he ain't gonna like that shower. We moved from a regular GS to get this too. I'm in trouble! :eek: And no I'm not telling him yet! If anyone here has a GS on the 11/7/15 sailing - trade ya! ;)

Are Grand Suites sold out already?:confused::eek::confused:

Same here. All of the other GS are sold out on my Sept sailing. I am hoping that some TA has them in a group.

I heard Quantum has a deck 13, and a cabin 13666. Creepy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I would be happy to book that cabin any time. Probably would be in the best condition of any on the ship thanks to all the people avoiding it. :p

I'll try to answer as many of the questions as possible.

- The bedroom does have a door separating it from the living room.

- There are 2 closets for clothing and drawers in the living room for storage.

- I would not recommend this room for a family of four. Only one bathroom, one sink, and access is through the bedroom. If you pull out the sofa bed to sleep on it it fills the living room area.

I have this booked in November, but put a traditional GS on hold for the sailing two weeks before....We have 4 sailing, my husband and our two girls, 8 and 11. I kind of like the idea of having a separate room. We have always had one room that we all shared. We have never stayed in a suite. When the beds are out, it is always crowded in the cabin, but that is only at night when we are headed to bed and in the morning before we leave for breakfast. If we stayed in the traditional GS, the living room would be crowded with the sofabed as well right? The regular GS only has one bathroom, and the extra sink won't be that major amenity for us. Can you tell me more about the closets? Do you feel like it is enough storage?