Best Price You've Ever Received On JS or Above?

Garavar

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster...

My girlfriend and I recently decided to cruise regularly with Royal Caribbean. We are looking to sail once a month or once every other month out of Florida ports. We both own our own companies so we have reached a point we could leave last minute no problem and snag up those last minute unsold cabins.

Therefore, I was wondering what the best price everyone has received on a Junior Suite or higher? Obviously do not include travel agent names, websites or how you got the deal if it violates forum rules. Just curious to know the price you paid for your suites.

I feel like we might have overpaid for our Junior Suite last cruise and having comparable prices would be beneficial before we pull the trigger on a last minute deal that isnt much of a deal.

Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster...

My girlfriend and I recently decided to cruise regularly with Royal Caribbean. We are looking to sail once a month or once every other month out of Florida ports. We both own our own companies so we have reached a point we could leave last minute no problem and snag up those last minute unsold cabins.

Therefore, I was wondering what the best price everyone has received on a Junior Suite or higher? Obviously do not include travel agent names, websites or how you got the deal if it violates forum rules. Just curious to know the price you paid for your suites.

I feel like we might have overpaid for our Junior Suite last cruise and having comparable prices would be beneficial before we pull the trigger on a last minute deal that isnt much of a deal.

Thanks everyone.

Asking for best prices will get you unbelievable prices that are rarely available. We got them for various reasons that are not the norm. We paid $917pp total including discounts and taxes for a 14 night cruise in South America - for a Grand Suite. This was in April 2009 when the economy was tanking and there was major availability. Of course it started out at a higher price for a D category balcony and the price kept dropping. In the end, almost all the diamond plus passengers got major upgrades for free.

I consider $1000pp for a junior suite on a smaller older ship to be a good deal for 7 nights. Alaska will be higher but sometimes military rates will get you $1200pp for a JS in Alaska.

The variables are tremendous depending on ship and itinerary.

We paid $456pp CDN$ for a 4 night cruise on the Liberty for this December 20th. We ended up cancelling as we got a better deal on the Freedom for a balcony.

Junior or Grand? What ship and Departure Port?

Edited by Garavar

Can't recall the price right now but we got a better pricing for the 3 of us in a JS on our 18 day Transpacific, then they wanted for the 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver, so downsized my husband & I to a D-1 while the daughter moved over to her Aunts Cabin for the cruises. JS or higher will seldom see any price drops. We received a heafty residents drop for the Hawaii cruise and saved $1250

Thats a pretty good price, Ourusualbeach. The Best price ive ever been quoted so far on a last minute cabin is $1.1K total price, with $300 OBO for 3 night on Majesty JS.

Seem to be getting ripped off left and right.

Thats a pretty good price, Ourusualbeach. The Best price ive ever been quoted so far on a last minute cabin is $1.1K total price, with $300 OBO for 3 night on Majesty JS.

Seem to be getting ripped off left and right.

It will all depend. I have seen some low prices on Majesty and Enchantment but it's a matter of being there at the right time.

IMO anything at or under $150pp per night is a decent price for a JS.

With our taxes, port fees or Diamond discounts:

7 night Alaska cruise 1749 Grand Suite leaving 6/15

7 night Oasis cruise 1349 Grand Suite 5/12

4 night enchantment cruise for 1600.00 total for five in the Royal Family Suite 9/14

Edited by irishgal432

It will all depend. I have seen some low prices on Majesty and Enchantment but it's a matter of being there at the right time.

IMO anything at or under $150pp per night is a decent price for a JS.

Agreed, $150 per night is a good price, but I've never seen it

4 night enchantment cruise for 1600.00 total for five in the Royal Family Suite 9/14

Now these are steals, what I would give to do the 7 night Alaska for under $2K in Grand Suite

I got a GS for 690.00 ( ~1500 with taxes port fees) pp for an Explorer 5 night with a 400 OBC with a GA resident rate.

Good deal- Feb 7th?

We actually don't care about the extra space or the double points so I keep thinking of downgrading myself back to a balcony. I have another week to decide before final payment. (We are on the 2/21 sailing)

Edited by molly361

i thought i got some good deals, but after reading the above, i'm not so sure anymore. :p but here are our two trips in suites:

Liberty 5-night western caribbean - $2400 (for 2, including all taxes and fees) in an Owners Suite (in contrast, we're doing a 5-night Liberty to Bermuda next summer and it's $2900 for an E1 balcony - :eek: )

Allure 7-night western caribbean - $5000 (for 2, including all taxes and fees) in an ocean-view Crown Loft Suite

The Allure may have been a bit more ($5200 or so) - I don't remember the exact figure. Still a very large chunk of change, but seeing as the room usually goes for $9-$13k for two, we felt like it was a good deal. I've seen people on here get them for about $4k occasionally, though.

I posted a similar question not long ago and the general consensus seemed to be without other discounts factored in that $125 pp/per night was a good target price for a JS. Some people posted prices as low as $100PP. Generally speaking it seems like mostly you will find $125-150 pp/per night to be a an average "good" price.

If you do cruise as often as you state and booking JS's you will reach a point of the Diamond Balcony discount fairly quickly. It does help with that daily average price point.

Good deal- Feb 7th?

We actually don't care about the extra space or the double points so I keep thinking of downgrading myself back to a balcony. I have another week to decide before final payment. (We are on the 2/21 sailing)

Yes 2/7 too good to pass up for us. I had to cancel the $GS 951 pp 7 day 2/28 Vision out of Tampa to go with my sister and brother-in-law.

Now these are steals, what I would give to do the 7 night Alaska for under $2K in Grand Suite

I am constantly watching prices and the Alasks one popped up for 1 day a while back. At that price I had to go not matter what. I think it was a computer error for that sailing that had to do with the bogo offer.

I got a GS for 690.00 ( ~1500 with taxes port fees) pp for an Explorer 5 night with a 400 OBC with a GA resident rate.

was it $690 per person and $1,500 total with taxes, fees etc. or $1,500 per person with taxes etc (ie $3K total)

The first two are per person, aren't they? Very good pricing.

We once booked a GS on a Radiance for $699pp (or so; it was 4 years ago) for 5 nights on a military rate, plus our C&A discount. We've paid that much or more for a JS on Monarch for 3 nights. As Gina said, there are too many variables to take into account know when you're paying "too much" and when you aren't.

Last minute sales are tricky - on a popular ship/itinerary you risk having no availability or sky-high prices - we have a 14-nighter next fall in a GS at a price that's less than what D-1s are going for now.

I book at a price that I think is fair and then monitor prices up until final payment. After that I turn off my alerts for my cabin category and monitor the higher ones. Since you're booking last minute, pick a price you can live with and don't look again unless you want to find a last minute upgrade.:)

$2292 (total for 2, including tax and diamond balcony discount) for a center hump JS on a 7-night Eastern route on Indy in Oct 2015. Booked in March 2014. Not dirt cheap by any means but certainly much cheaper than we've seen lately :eek:

Edited by 1ParticularHbr