Diamond Plus Two for One Speciality Dining Help Needed

How do they handle the two for one specialty dining for us? We're both diamond plus, so how can we each use these coupons if they're only for the first night?

We booked and ate the first night on one of those dining packages purchased on the ship, but they didn't honor our two for one.

How do they handle the two for one if it's izumi's?

Edited by knittinggirl

How do they handle the two for one specialty dining for us? We're both diamond plus, so how can we each use these coupons if they're only for the first night?

We booked and ate the first night on one of those dining packages purchased on the ship, but they didn't honor our two for one.

How do they handle the two for one if it's izumi's?

Don't knoe if this helps but on Enchantment last week they let you use your coupon on the first & second night.

Brilliance also let us use our coupon the first and second night. This was nice since I was in a cabin solo. I could take advantage of 2 nice dinners. We had to do Chops the first night since it costs more, then they allowed Giovanni's the next night.:D

The scenario I've seen most often is that will will require you to pay for the dinners on the first night, but allow you to eat on other nights.

Sometimes, the person at the specialty reservation desk is not empowered to allow you to pay the first night and come back another. If that happens, ask to speak to the restaurant manager. He knows which nights may be slow and may be able to accommodate your request.

Often the restaurant manger will suggest you pay after sailing as some embarkation ports charge sales tax on purchases while docked.

It is a new policy that you can you them on the first and second night.

Like the others have said sometimes they will let you use the second one on a different night if you pay the first night.

Edited by molly361

The scenario I've seen most often is that will will require you to pay for the dinners on the first night, but allow you to eat on other nights.

We specifically asked about this and were told it was no longer being offered. The change seems to be to allow the coupons to be used on the first two days.

I actually had gotten a written response from C and A confirming the new policy for night one and two.

Seems like it really should not matter which nights you use them, but that is just MHO;)

I am going to try to use the second one on night 4 next week. We will see what happens

We booked and ate the first night on one of those dining packages purchased on the ship

Dining packages offering up to 30% off for three visits are generally available to all guests irrespective of their C&A status and are not combinable with D+ BOGOF benefit.

I actually had gotten a written response from C and A confirming the new policy for night one and two.

Seems like it really should not matter which nights you use them, but that is just MHO;)

I am going to try to use the second one on night 4 next week. We will see what happens

Always pushing the envelope.;)

Generally we lose the second coupon but that is OK as we never use all the D+ coupons anyway.

Our last cruise we did use it for another day. We paid the first night. It was the first week the first or second night allowance started and the staff apparently got mixed up. We wanted to go the last night and they told us it was fine as long as we paid the first or second night. When we got the bill, which was paid because we paid it the first night, they told us they made a mistake, would naturally honor the coupon, but wanted to let us know that they were wrong and not to expect to use the coupon on any other night except one or two, on that ship or others. They were very nice and did not want us to think we could get that offer again.

M

When we got our letter specifying our exclusive on board offers on Q it states under Wine & Dine...

(1152) Purchase one cover charge in a Specialty Restaurant on the first or second night of your cruise and the second cover charge is FREE.

Don't know if this means you can use it both nights or not.

Patti - I think it means you can use it on the first OR second night. So if a couple has a set of coupons each, they can use one person's the first night and one the second person's the night, thus solving the dilemma of couples who want to use both coupons.

enjoy

m

Patti - I think it means you can use it on the first OR second night. So if a couple has a set of coupons each, they can use one person's the first night and one the second person's the night, thus solving the dilemma of couples who want to use both coupons.

enjoy

m

Yes that is what the rep from C and A told me.

We specifically asked about this and were told it was no longer being offered. The change seems to be to allow the coupons to be used on the first two days.

On a recent Navigator trip we booked nights one and two but did not pre-pay. A conflict developed and I moved night two to three and was told I would loose the discount. I told the manager I absolutely understood. On night three they honored the coupon!

I just booked and paid for Chops on the first night. Will they allow me to use the coupon and refund me for one person? Or should I cancel the booking and wait until I am on the ship to make reservations and use the coupon?

They will credit you one person's cost to your onboard account.

I just booked and paid for Chops on the first night. Will they allow me to use the coupon and refund me for one person? Or should I cancel the booking and wait until I am on the ship to make reservations and use the coupon?

Yes they will refund you for the 1 person. No need to cancel