Port Canaveral Terminal 1 Delayed Again?

Yes, Grills always enjoyed free use of the empty lot next door for a parking area that the boaters used, as did we park there when we ate at Grills. Now that is all gone. The new boat ramp area just east of there is really huge. That more than made up for the lost boat ramp and parking for boat trailers. Will just miss watching the "Budweiser fueled" captains trying to load their boats on the trailers next to Grills. Was always quite the show. ;) :p
Too funny. Where can you park for Grills now?

Also, Pat, when you get a chance, please email me at sherriz366 at aol dot com (spelled phonetically). Donna Blue would also like to email you.

Also, Pat, when you get a chance, please email me at sherriz366 at aol dot com (spelled phonetically). Donna Blue would also like to email you.

Spotty parking all around to the south and west of Grills.

I just sent you an email. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

I received the email for our cruise on the 9th but did not really care, just hope our off site parking people get us to the correct terminal. :)

I'm guessing that won't be a problem, seems like the local port workers are always the most aware of what is going on. I guess I hope I get to use the new terminal in April on Freedom. But this will be my first cruise from PC, so I've never seen one of the others.

So your the one still using AOL? :p Kidding ,I used to work for them before they laid me and 2000 of my closest friends off.

Spotty parking all around to the south and west of Grills.

I just sent you an email. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Thanks -- will try looking for parking there. Maybe by Feb. Terminal 1 will be fisnished and there will be ore open areas to park.

Got your email.

So your the one still using AOL? :p Kidding ,I used to work for them before they laid me and 2000 of my closest friends off.
I have to keep AOL because I handle my mother's finances and I have about 3,000 emails saved to show what I have done in that area. I have a trouble making sister with lots of time on her hands. So I have to protect myself.

They've made a lot of progress in the last few days. All of the fenders are installed, and they've moved one of the mobile gantry's to the east end of the terminal. The rest of the apron still needs to be brought up to grade and a lot of concrete yet to be poured, but they're getting closer:)

They've made a lot of progress in the last few days. All of the fenders are installed, and they've moved one of the mobile gantry's to the east end of the terminal. The rest of the apron still needs to be brought up to grade and a lot of concrete yet to be poured, but they're getting closer:)
Great news -- maybe Terminal 1 will be ready for our 2-22-2015 cruise -- LOL.

FR is docked at Terminal 10 today. Read they had some more dredging to do and the apron needs work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Yesterday when Explorer pulled away, it was clear that the two ends of the sea wall still needed to be poured (Explorer covered all of the area that was finished and fendered, so anything larger would have been a problem right now), they're still installing the light poles on the apron, they still have more paving to complete, and the sea wall that separates the dock from the marina is only partially constructed.

One really cool side effect of having a ship at that dock was that Google Earth still hasn't updated their satellite image, so when you pulled up the marine traffic map and zoomed in a bit, it showed the entire ship sitting on solid ground:eek:

True. Yesterday when Explorer pulled away, it was clear that the two ends of the sea wall still needed to be poured (Explorer covered all of the area that was finished and fendered, so anything larger would have been a problem right now), they're still installing the light poles on the apron, they still have more paving to complete, and the sea wall that separates the dock from the marina is only partially constructed.

One really cool side effect of having a ship at that dock was that Google Earth still hasn't updated their satellite image, so when you pulled up the marine traffic map and zoomed in a bit, it showed the entire ship sitting on solid ground:eek:

LOL!!

We are leaving on Enchantment tomorrow, which is scheduled to be at terminal 10. Quantum is making a port of call tomorrow, coming in at 1 pm. So, I am guessing they were rushing to finish and put her there tomorrow perhaps? Will be fun to watch Quantum come in from our bird's eye view and then wave to her as we sail past her. :)

LOL!!

We are leaving on Enchantment tomorrow, which is scheduled to be at terminal 10. Quantum is making a port of call tomorrow, coming in at 1 pm. So, I am guessing they were rushing to finish and put her there tomorrow perhaps? Will be fun to watch Quantum come in from our bird's eye view and then wave to her as we sail past her. :)

Quantum has been using Terminal 6 (Carnival's new terminal) on her port visits. Based solely on how much sea wall that still needs to be finished, she may not quite fit in the finished area, but it will be interesting to see her back in there if she does.:)

[quote name='island lady']LOL!!

We are leaving on Enchantment tomorrow, which is scheduled to be at terminal 10. Quantum is making a port of call tomorrow, coming in at 1 pm. So, I am guessing they were rushing to finish and put her there tomorrow perhaps? Will be fun to watch Quantum come in from our bird's eye view and then wave to her as we sail past her. :)[/QUOTE]I will watch you sail out on EN tomorrow!!! have a great cruise!!

my understanding is quantum will be parked at the new terminal. My son works at grills and they are prepared for a big crownd tomorrow. Also as for parking for grills there is plenty. To the side is an open filed with lots of parking

[quote name='clott']my understanding is quantum will be parked at the new terminal. My son works at grills and they are prepared for a big crownd tomorrow. Also as for parking for grills there is plenty. To the side is an open filed with lots of parking[/QUOTE]

Open filed? Not familiar with that.

[quote name='clott']my understanding is quantum will be parked at the new terminal. My son works at grills and they are prepared for a big crownd tomorrow. Also as for parking for grills there is plenty. To the side is an open filed with lots of parking[/QUOTE]That would be fabulous.

We could not find parking at Grills when we sailed on EX on 12-4-2014 so will look for a big field next time.

[quote name='island lady']Thanks! Big enough balcony for lots of NYE bubbly celebration sail away! ;) :D[/QUOTE]

Hi, friend.

Darn, just a week too late to wave back to you. We disembarked the Quantum last Saturday after a FANTASTIC back2back. We are among the minority who had absolutely no problems and loved every aspect of the Quantum.

Have a delightful cruise.

[quote name='beachnative']Hi, friend.

Darn, just a week too late to wave back to you. We disembarked the Quantum last Saturday after a FANTASTIC back2back. We are among the minority who had absolutely no problems and loved every aspect of the Quantum.

Have a delightful cruise.[/QUOTE]

Wow!! You made Pinnacle!! Fantastic! Gosh I sure hope we finally get to cruise with you two again in the future. Sorry we are missing you again! :eek: :(

Happy to hear you had a great time on the Quantum. Some day...sigh! Right now we are swamped with trying to sell our old house and have just moved into an RV friendly (think big land yachts ;)) community with a nice little house and a BIG covered port attached to the house for our bus. Less to worry about when we travel with the guard at the gate to this nice safe and low maintenance village. Think "old farts heaven". :D