Maasdam Photos

Vict0riann

Glad to hear. Does the color look that faded though (looking at the banquet seating primarily)... or is it just evidence that I REALLY dislike that color

Or blame it on my camera!:eek:

Or the photographer!

Edited by Vict0riann

Kazu, we liked the glass, too. There was more in the Ocean Bar. I tried to pick one up but they're well glued down!

P1070021_zps4d037426.jpg

A bank of elevators in the Atrium - don't know why I took this!

P1070027_zpsb27a6e00.jpg

And we did have "day of the week" elevator mats that looked quite new:

P1070410_zpsa6bbbbfa.jpg

I thought I might add just a few of my highlights from the cruise - this is Mt. Etna, which we have not visited before, we climbed one of the smaller craters, tasted Mt. Etna honey, and drank Mt. Etna wine in Taormina.

P1080528_zps5ddd482f.jpg

The square in the medina of Marrakech:

P1080829_zpsfa7a0d4f.jpg

and my personal best - a Macaque ape in Gibraltar sat on me! (That's me, grinning like the Cheshire cat,)

P1080527_zps5ea42d8d.jpg

Wonderful, wonderful photos.

That shellfish buffet looks fantastic!!!! :)

And what a fun photo of you with the monkey. Did he try to steal something? When we were in Gibraltar we were warned to hold onto our purses etc or they might run off with them. :)

We were told not to bring out any food, either, or they would try to steal it. Our guide told me to make a place with my arms that the monkey could sit on, and she just jumped and sat. She was so sweet - but heavy! Although they are wild animals, they are given food by humans (to keep them healthy), so they do become used to having people around. They climbed on our vans, and were very inquisitive.

Talking about food, we loved the Pinnacle Grill on the Maasdam. We went to Le Cirque, two Cellar Master dinners, three "specialty" dinners, three regular dinners (including our anniversary), a few lunches, and 3 wine tastings, which had delicious tasty morsels with the wines. I do have some more photos, I'll check them against the menus, unfortunately, sometimes I forgot to take pictures, and just started eating, everything looked so good.

I do have some more photos, I'll check them against the menus, unfortunately, sometimes I forgot to take pictures, and just started eating, everything looked so good.

It's surprisingly hard to remember to take pictures of your meals, isn't it? :)

I thought I might add just a few of my highlights from the cruise - this is Mt. Etna, which we have not visited before, we climbed one of the smaller craters, tasted Mt. Etna honey, and drank Mt. Etna wine in Taormina.

P1080528_zps5ddd482f.jpg

The square in the medina of Marrakech:

P1080829_zpsfa7a0d4f.jpg

and my personal best - a Macaque ape in Gibraltar sat on me! (That's me, grinning like the Cheshire cat,)

P1080527_zps5ea42d8d.jpg

Love these pictures.

The only meal I seem to have remembered (!:D) to take pictures of every course was the first Cellar Master's Dinner.

The first course (Amuse Bouche :)), while we were still drinking champagne was a Pate de Foie Gras with Beef Oxtail and Artichoke - delicious..

P1070187_zps50b2e076.jpg

The next course was Sesame Crusted Tuna with Cucumber, Mixed Lettuce and Wasabi Dressing, served with a 2012 Backstone Sauvignon Blanc:

P1070189_zpsd63fb6e7.jpg

Then, a Soup of Red and Green Bell Pepper with Olive Tapenade and Sour Cream, with a 2012 Rosemount Chardonnay:

P1070195_zps2ce69f85.jpg

Followed by Iberico Ham-Wrapped Roasted Black Cod, with Cous-cous and Saffron Beurre Blanc, and the wine was a 2010 Red Guitar Tempranillo from Spain:

P1070200_zps83bf6ea1.jpg

Then there was a yummy Lemon Spoom with Champagne to cleanse our (jaded?) palates:

P1070204_zps13f55772.jpg

After this break in the proceedings, we continued with Crispy Duck Breast with Green Cabbage, Baby Vegetables and Rosemary Sauce, and the wine was a 2010 Mark West Pinot Noir from California:

P1070205_zps19265f52.jpg

Next was the "Chef's Chocolate Delight" (but, you know, I don't remember it being terribly chocolatey, maybe there was a change there), with Warre's "Warrier" Porto Reserve, Portugal:

P1070214_zpsdfadde9e.jpg

And of course, Coffee and Friandises - actually the friandises picture was from another dinner, but "you seen one friandise, you seen 'em all!"

P1090463_zps6b3d9cd7.jpg

Thanks for the Maasdam Memories. Your pictures are wonderful, thank you for all your reporting and hard work. Of the HAL ships we have been on, the Maasdam and Prinsendam have that special vibe that fairly jumps out of your photographs. You really bring out the joy of cruising, thanks again.