Cash at check in?

sstepson

The wife and I are on our first Princess cruise in 2 weeks on the CB.

On the online cruise check-in, it requires a credit card # for the onboard folio charges, and it doesn't have an option for cash, like on other lines.

Can we put cash down at check-in for our onboard account and not even register a credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The wife and I are on our first Princess cruise in 2 weeks on the CB.

On the online cruise check-in, it requires a credit card # for the onboard folio charges, and it doesn't have an option for cash, like on other lines.

Can we put cash down at check-in for our onboard account and not even register a credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Have to do it once onboard.

Thanks for the replies...we already have a bunch of onboard credit, and we just wanted to put down a little more to cover us for the whole trip.

We already registered a card and completed the online check-in...we'll stop at guest services to set up the cash account.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies...we already have a bunch of onboard credit, and we just wanted to put down a little more to cover us for the whole trip.

We already registered a card and completed the online check-in...we'll stop at guest services to set up the cash account.

Thanks again!

If you have done that then you are good to go!

Mike:)

We always use the card for check in, then the next AM go to the desk and give them cash. We are generally pretty close to what the final bill will be and most times we have a small charge after on the card. I like to have our vacations paid for when we go that way I can start saving for the next trip :).

Thanks again!

Your credit card already has a hold on it.... that won get released till the end of the cruies..... Don't double pay... you will have a hard time getting your cash back !!!! Keep on the credit card... you cant use cash on airlines now and rental cars... many hotels

Why give the cruise line what will amount to a loan for several months....no cash on a cruise...none You can charge your tips.... adide form a few dollars to porters on the pier..leave the cash at home.

Your credit card already has a hold on it.... that won get released till the end of the cruies..... Don't double pay... you will have a hard time getting your cash back !!!! Keep on the credit card... you cant use cash on airlines now and rental cars... many hotels

Why give the cruise line what will amount to a loan for several months....no cash on a cruise...none You can charge your tips.... adide form a few dollars to porters on the pier..leave the cash at home.

This isn't true. If you put enough cash on your account, there's no need for Princess to put a hold on your account. The only time Princess will put a hold on your credit card is if cash is running very low or out. I should know, I've done this many times!

Why would you want to lock up cash with no return on it?

Cash gets you nothing in return, where as credit cards not only gets you a free loan so you can keep you cash working in investments which might easily earn 3-5% in a a 45 day period. Its money thrown away in my book Maybe for a 3 to 7 day cruise.... but on 15 to30 day cruises it can add up to $$$

Even worse, when you spend cash..it is gone.. nothing in in return no airline points, no Hotel points no cash back ( all which can only be earned with credit Cards)

For us, it's about limits. We'd rather not have the temptation of "unlimited" spending power on a short cruise. The cash keeps us in check. We cruise on a budget, and feel this allows us to enjoy cruising without getting ourselves in trouble.

Different strokes...