Coffee on Brilliance of The Sea

Hi there,

Have a question please..Hopefully some seasoned RCCL cruisers can help.

My husabnd loves "good" coffee and drinks a lot of it. How is the coffee on RCCL. I'm not a coffee drinker, so all coffee taste horrible to me. Just wanted to know if the coffee is better that Carnival's. Last cruise on Princess, I purchased a coffee card for my husband and he said the coffee was really good. It was unlimited coffee at one of the cafes. I think it was The International Cafe.

Hoping there is something on The Brilliance where he can have good coffee for the week. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate any information.

The included coffee is not great. For $20 per day he can have the non- alcohol package which includes unlimited specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino etc) soda, fresh squeezed OJ, water and non- alcoholic cocktails.

Otherwise he can buy individual coffees from the cafe (either Lattetudes or cafe promenade, not sure which one is on brilliance).

Hi there' date='

Have a question please..Hopefully some seasoned RCCL cruisers can help.

My husabnd loves "good" coffee and drinks a lot of it. How is the coffee on RCCL. I'm not a coffee drinker, so all coffee taste horrible to me. Just wanted to know if the coffee is better that Carnival's. Last cruise on Princess, I purchased a coffee card for my husband and he said the coffee was really good. It was unlimited coffee at one of the cafes. I think it was The International Cafe.

Hoping there is something on The Brilliance where he can have good coffee for the week. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate any information.[/quote']

the general consensus is the free stuff sucks royally( pun intended). he will want to get the Replenish package( all non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffee and fresh squeezed Oj) unless of course he also like booze in which case he will want one of the other drink packages.

or, if you are in a suite, there is a 24/7 machine that serves up cappuccino, lattes and espressos.

The coffee on the Brilliance is awful. Even the officers buy from Lattitudes. If he doesn't want to buy the package they have a card that he can get punched and for every so many he buys he gets one free. It just depends on how much he drinks. He'll have to ask for the card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I happen to like the included coffee, but I know many don't. Before you rush to buy a package, have him try what is included, or try what he can get from one of the cafe's. You can purchase a package onboard if desired and don't even have to get it the first day (though I think there must be 4 days of a sailing remaining).

We just love the $10,000 coffee machines in the Diamond/Concierge Lounges. The 'free coffee' is not that good unless you mask it with lots of cream & sugar. MDR free coffee seems a little fresher than WJ coffee.

Remember, the 'half life' of brewed coffee not in a vacuum container is only about 20 minutes.

I happen to like the included coffee, but I know many don't. Before you rush to buy a package, have him try what is included, or try what he can get from one of the cafe's. You can purchase a package onboard if desired and don't even have to get it the first day (though I think there must be 4 days of a sailing remaining).

I like the coffee too. There's not many coffees I don't enjoy unless we're talking Starbucks.

The coffee from room service and in the dining room is ok....the WJ coffee is AWFUL! I add some hot water to it, along with cream and sugar....makes it palatable.

Definitely agree with that!! My wife also added a hot chocolate package to windjammer coffee and that seemed to help a little bit.

We just love the $10,000 coffee machines in the Diamond/Concierge Lounges. The 'free coffee' is not that good unless you mask it with lots of cream & sugar. MDR free coffee seems a little fresher than WJ coffee.

Remember, the 'half life' of brewed coffee not in a vacuum container is only about 20 minutes.

I think the Concierge coffee tastes like Nescafé. The free coffee is made for the non-Starbucks masses. MDR is the best free coffee.

I agree!! Try it first. Food and beverages are usually an individual taste and you will always get opposing opinions. Like LMaxell, I personally like the included coffee as well so it would be a waste of money for me to buy the drink package. Many people complain that the coffee on board is strong. I like it strong so I'm OK with it.....

Thank you so much for the help. He doesn't do any of the special coffees' date=' just loves good black coffee. With as much coffee as he drinks, probably do the package that you suggested. Thanks again.[/quote']

Well, be sure the package includes brewed coffee if that's what he likes.

On the other hand, sometimes people who can't get brewed coffee (like when I want my decaf at 4pm which is after the time that Starbucks brews decaf locally) will get an Americano. That's an espresso shot, with hot water added to it. It's the basic equivalent to a cup of brewed coffee.

I wasn't looking and I didn't notice if brewed coffee is even on the menu at Lattetudes.