BestAdvice I've Been Given

Podie

When I prepared for my first cruise in 2009, I combed these boards for advice on what to pack - highlighters, bungee cords for the balcony, duct tape, etc. The ONLY item I've found to be helpful after 10 cruises is clothespins or chip clips to keep shower curtains where they belong - and not on me!

When I prepared for my first cruise in 2009, I combed these boards for advice on what to pack - highlighters, bungee cords for the balcony, duct tape, etc. The ONLY item I've found to be helpful after 10 cruises is clothespins or chip clips to keep shower curtains where they belong - and not on me!

I haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship that has shower curtains in years...which ones still have them? I only remember Carnival having them on their bigger ships...ugh!

I believe Brilliance still has shower curtains.

Best advice I discovered here (and I'm sure there are MANY more great tips which just are not immediately popping to mind):

• Take an outlet extender.
  • Pack a carry-on bag for embarkation and debarkation day.
  • Bring your own hair-dryer. (The ones in the cabin are not the best.)
  • Too many great island excursion tips to mention! LOVE those ports of call boards!
  • Bring a refillable water bottle to avoid having to buy bottled water.
  • Post-it notes are great for keeping track of fellow-travelers when cruising with a group occupying more than one cabin.
  • ALWAYS read the daily newsletter!
  • Go to Quest...even if you don't know what it is. (In fact, even BETTER if you don't know what to expect!)
  • Pack sundry items carefully! Don't forget anything. Better to carry those band-aids back home unused than to have to buy them at drastically inflated prices on board.
  • There's no shame in taking a nap before dinner!
  • Pack snack bars to take ashore to keep hunger pangs at bay and allow you to be choosy about when and where to eat a meal.
  • Your suit cases will fit UNDER the bed!

I'm sure others will chime in with the other great tips I'm forgetting.

I haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship that has shower curtains in years...which ones still have them? I only remember Carnival having them on their bigger ships...ugh!

We were recently on Vision in an OV and an Inside. They both had shower curtains which had leg fetishes!

When in Inside cabins battery candles make great night lights.

A large garbage bag makes a good laundry bag and when you get home it can be recycled into ... a garbage bag!

We were recently on Vision in an OV and an Inside. They both had shower curtains which had leg fetishes!

When in Inside cabins battery candles make great night lights.

A large garbage bag makes a good laundry bag and when you get home it can be recycled into ... a garbage bag!

I hear so many talk about the shower curtains. I guess the curtains don't like me because I have never had a problem with them attacking me.:D:D Just on Brilliance and did fine for 4 days.It stayed where it was suppose to.

I feel stupid asking this question but since we're going on the Enchantment soon which has shower curtains I thought I better ask. How and where would you attach the chip clip to avoid the curtain attacking you. At home, we have shower curtains with the magnets that stick to the tub but I'm sure it's just a shower stall on the ship. I can't picture in my mind where the chip clip would go. Thanks for any advice.

I bring magnets to stick notices/ice show tickets, etc to the walls in a (usually failing) attempt to keep the clutter off the surfaces.

Next time I will also try and remember to bring an empty folder to collect the Daily Compasses in as I like to take them home with me after.

I feel stupid asking this question but since we're going on the Enchantment soon which has shower curtains I thought I better ask. How and where would you attach the chip clip to avoid the curtain attacking you. At home, we have shower curtains with the magnets that stick to the tub but I'm sure it's just a shower stall on the ship. I can't picture in my mind where the chip clip would go. Thanks for any advice.

Sorry, I posted before I saw this.

I placed two clips on the bottom, each a few inches in from the left and right edges. This kept the curtain from getting clingy.

Of course, you can adjust as needed.

Haven't been on RCCL since 2009, but will be returning to Mariner in March. The savior for me on DCL has been the over the door organizer for toiletries, clothes pins, pens, tape, etc. They don't allow it to actually hang over the door, but I use zip ties to fasten to a hanger then hang on a peg on the wall outside the bathroom. Does RCCL have a peg like that? (for a robe, towel, etc.)

Probably won't need it this time, as we are fortunate to be able to stay in the RS, but don't think I'll be able to afford a huge room every time!

Best advice I ever got.. Look at every piece of clothing you packed, then remove at least a 3rd of it. You will never wear it unless you do several wardrobe changes a day:D

I keep trying to do this each year - and bring more money!

All the other suggestions are good, some are not for everyone, but I've had use for most things suggested.

Oh and dental floss can be used as string when needed ;)

~:)

I hear so many talk about the shower curtains. I guess the curtains don't like me because I have never had a problem with them attacking me.:D:D Just on Brilliance and did fine for 4 days.It stayed where it was suppose to.

I was thinking the same thing. We were recently on Her Majesty, which has shower curtains and I never was attacked by it.

Always good advice is to reduce the amount of clothes you are bringing while increasing the amount of money you plan to spend.

In all honesty though our list includes:

-Travel sewing kit with safety pins as well as straight pins

-Pair of shoe laces

-Baby Wipes

-Eyeglass repair kit (if you wear glasses)

-Shower sponge (the washcloths are pitiful, IMO)

-Clothes pins

-Bag Clips with the Letter "BRB" printed on them -- we use these to hold our towel in place on our pool chair while we go to the WJ for lunch or a snack or a visit to the bathroom

-Binoculars

-Small flashlight