How to book a specific table on Regal Princess?

michelle028

Do you mean a specific size of table for your group?

Dining assignments are made in advance as part of the booking - you can select anytime or fixed early or late time, and table size. Ask your travel agent - if you have multiple cabins in your group ask for them to be linked together and seated together for dinner.

Once onboard, if what you wanted was waitlisted, you can see the Maitre'D for changes - but as everyone is preassigned, changes onboard are subject to availability.

I have always emailed Carnival Maitre'ds but Princess does not do anything like that. I have tried to ask how to contact them & they tell me here is no way to email.
No. Princess Maitre d's don't do that. He will be available embarkation day to take dining requests or changes. Princess dining rooms are designed to feel like you're in a fine restaurant. There are sections with a variety of table sizes. I've never felt the need for a specific table although I do request a table size. It could be anywhere in the dining room.

Thx for the replies...I did request late seating for 8:15pm but I hate being put in a corner somewhere so thats why I was asking. I will check my table when I board:)

That is exactly what we do when we do traditional dining...on embarkation day we go take look at the table and then make sure it is the requested size. If not, speak with the Maitre D who will be on duty for changes, questions, etc.

How do you check to see where you table is? Is the DR open and you just walk in and look? Or is there a seating chart somewhere?

No seating chart, just walk in. the door is usually unlocked and the table # should be on your cruise card.

Sometimes the numbers are not put on the table until meal time.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thx for the replies...I did request late seating for 8:15pm but I hate being put in a corner somewhere so thats why I was asking. I will check my table when I board:)
Unlikely but possible that you'll be assigned a table in a corner.

Your table assignment will be on your cruise card. You can check with the Maitre d' re: location. If the dining room is open for lunch (until 1:30pm), you can always go there to check on your table location without going to the Maitre d'.

Just off the Regal and had the most wonderful table in a corner!! The traditional dining room has a number of smaller "rooms" that have "walls" separating them from the rest of the dining room. The main portion of the dining room, however, still has an intimate feel about it--more so than the Grand class ships, IMO.

Our "room" only seated 22 people total but there were only 15 dining there. There were 4 tables for 4 (or they could have been configured as 8 tables for 2, I imagine) so 8 people at either end of the rectangular room. There was banquette seating on both ends of the "room" then the 4 tables for 2 (pushed together to seat 4) and 4 chairs opposite the banquette. In the center of the "room" was a round table for 6.

Though at late seating there wasn't anything to see, our dining "room" had 3 windows in it.

Our corner was next to a window, seated on a banquette, and the other 2 assigned to our table never showed!

We did converse briefly, from time to time, with the table for 4 next to us; congratulated a graduate at a table across the room; and visited some with the couple seated alone at the table for 6 (their preference to dine at a table that size but only for 2).

You might want to consider seeing where your assigned table is and if you luck into a corner like we did!!