Do You Want Celebrity To Bring Back the A Cappella Groups?

AnchorsAweigh2011

No , please don't bring them back. Need more vibrant entertainment onboard

Same here. If X needs something it's more lively, modern entertainment. I'm 59 and find the entertainment pretty boring.

I hate to sound like a broken record but we're just off a 10 day Princess cruise.

We had 3 different comedians,

an illusionist,

a string quartet,

a guitarist,

a jazz group,

a sing-along pianist,

a Beatles tribute group,

several cooking demonstrations

and that was in addition to the usual trivia,

bingo

and 3 production shows.

Many evenings I literally ran from one end of the ship to the other to go from show to show! Compare this to the entertainment list someone just posted from the Summit:

Sat:

Theater: Welcome Aboard Show - snippit of what's to come

Sun:

Theater: Captain's Gala Toast and Summit Singers and Dancers on journey of classic to silver screen to blockbuster hits of today.

Solarium: "Liquid" Ultra Lounge

Mon:

Theater: Juggler Ivan Pecel

Revelations: Sizzle Latin Rhythms Party

Tues:

Theater: Sirens - pirates and mermaids under the sea burlesque and fantasy starring Summit Singers and Dancers

Martini Bar: Martini Ice Party

Wed:

Theater: Stars in Their Eyes - tribute to legendary stars. Starry Celebrity Production Singers and Dancers, accompanied by Celebrity Orchestra

Revelations: Frozen White Party

Thurs:

Theater: Al Duchame - comedy/impressionist

Revelations: 70's Night Fever Disco Party

Fri:

Theater: A Voyage to Remember - showcase of the week

Revelations: Farewell Party

My wife and I have enjoyed listening to an a cappella group entertain us on our past cruises. We felt it added a touch of class and ambiance to our cruise. Do you want Celebrity to bring back the a cappella groups on their ships?

I never cared for them. Seemed my kinda weird, even. Maybe it was the selections chosen. Was glad they were not on my last sailing.

Sorry.

- Joel

I hate to sound like a broken record but we're just off a 10 day Princess cruise.

For evening entertainment

We had 3 different really good comedians,

an illusionist,

a string quartet,

a guitarist,

a jazz group,

a sing-along pianist,

a Beatles tribute group,

bingo

and 3 production shows.

Many evenings I literally ran from one end of the ship to the other to go from show to show!

Compare this to the entertainment list someone just posted from the Summit:

Sat:

Sun:

Theater: Captain's Gala Toast and Summit Singers and Dancers on journey of classic to silver screen to blockbuster hits of today.

Mon:

Tues:

Theater: Sirens - pirates and mermaids under the sea burlesque and fantasy starring Summit Singers and Dancers

Wed:

Theater: Stars in Their Eyes - tribute to legendary stars. Starry Celebrity Production Singers and Dancers, accompanied by Celebrity Orchestra

Thurs:

Fri:

And I forgot:

A really good female singer/impersonator

House Band

A dance band

a DJ who played all evening every evening in their "disco"

about 5 different game shows

and a juggler/comedian who randomly entertained in their central court (Piazza)

I'm sure I've forgotten more but the point is that some lines AREN'T cutting

time to [u]step it up Celebrity![/u]

Edited by chamima

Watching and listening to a small group of talented singers perform while one or two others in the group attempt to provide "musical sound effects" gets a little tiring after one or two numbers.

One song on the Ed Sullivan Show would have been plenty for me, not a one hour mini-concert.

bosco

All the above shows is how different people's views can be! We had one a capella group back in 2012 (Up til two) that we enjoyed immensely and deliberately sought out: their performances appeared to be packed out. But for me it depends on the quality of the individual/groups rather than the particular genre. We have had string quartets, for example, whose tuning/intonation was so poor that we would actively avoid. We have had on board bands that were good and others that were poor and solo guitars that were excellent and others merely irritating. In the past our experience of Celebrity has been that their selection of live acts around the ship was better than the average. We will be returning to Celebrity in 2015 and hope that things haven't changed too much.

Why would ANYONE want to listen to dozens of different, widely varied songs, with changing rhythms, complex melodies, and incredible harmonies performed live? :confused:

I am a sophisticated fan of MODERN LUXURY, and would MUCH prefer the same four measures of repetitive, inane, obnoxious and monotonous techno music of Quasar and the Martini Bar! :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

And I forgot:

House Band

A dance band

time to [u]step it up Celebrity![/u]

I;m not seeing any material differences in the lineups for entertainment from Princess versus celebrity....

The Summit entertainment list posted and quoted does not include ny of the dynamic entertainers or other entertainment, only that int he Main theater and the special event evening parties. The entire daytime entertainment roster is missing.

We had comedy show on my recent sailing, multiple nights. we had an illusionist, we had a juggler/guy riding unicycles. we had bands and solo guitarists thru the day, etc. we had DJ's. Cooking shows, trivia at multiple times in a day....

the Princes list pretty much mirrors that of my last several Celebrity sailings. But for I don't see any broadway style shows on the princess list, but assume they have as well?

We had 3 different comedians,

an illusionist,

a string quartet,

a guitarist,

a jazz group,

a sing-along pianist,

a Beatles tribute group,

bingo

and 3 production shows.

And I forgot:

House Band

A dance band

time to step it up Celebrity!

Many evenings I literally ran from one end of the ship to the other to go from show to show!

Compare this to the entertainment list someone just posted from the Summit:

Sat:

Sun:

Mon:

Tues:

Wed:

Thurs:

Fri:

I;m not seeing any material differences in the lineups for entertainment from Princess versus celebrity....

The Summit entertainment list posted and quoted does not include ny of the dynamic entertainers or other entertainment, only that int he Main theater and the special event evening parties. The entire daytime entertainment roster is missing.

We had comedy show on my recent sailing, multiple nights. we had an illusionist, we had a juggler/guy riding unicycles. we had bands and solo guitarists thru the day, etc. we had DJ's. Cooking shows, trivia at multiple times in a day....

the Princes list pretty much mirrors that of my last several Celebrity sailings. But for I don't see any broadway style shows on the princess list, but assume they have as well?

You missed my first post.

I put them together to make it easier to see the volume and different kinds (and there was quality, too, but hard to put that in writing) of entertainment.

Edited by chamima